Crosspost 2000 pt. List.

Claws and Effect

Wanted to get some more eyes on the list I worked out involving my new models.

More Vanguard!A Venerable dreadnought! Terminators!

Here it is:

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (Imperium - Space Marines) [42 PL, 765pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

**Chapter Selection**: Raven Guard

+ Heavy Support +

Devastator Squad [8 PL, 140pts]

. Space Marine

. Space Marine Sergeant: Bolt pistol, Boltgun

. Space Marine w/Heavy Weapon: Lascannon

Devastator Squad [8 PL, 149pts]

. Space Marine w/Heavy Weapon: Plasma cannon

+ Troops +

Scout Squad [6 PL, 111pts]: 5x Camo cloak

. Scout Sergeant: Combat knife, Sniper rifle

. Scout w/Heavy Weapon: Missile launcher

. 3x Scout w/Sniper Rifle: 3x Sniper rifle

Tactical Squad [5 PL, 75pts]

. 3x Space Marine

. Space Marine w/Heavy Weapon: Heavy bolter

Tactical Squad [5 PL, 90pts]

. 3x Space Marine

. Space Marine w/Heavy Weapon: Missile launcher

+ Flyer +

Fire Raptor Assault Gunship [19 PL, 358pts]

. Two quad heavy bolters: 2x Quad heavy bolter

. Two twin hellstrike launchers: 2x Twin hellstrike launcher

+ HQ +

Captain [6 PL, 133pts]: Combi-melta, Jump Pack, Raven's Fury, Thunder hammer

Lieutenants [4 PL, 67pts]

. Lieutenant: Master-crafted boltgun, Power sword

++ Vanguard Detachment +1CP (Imperium - Space Marines) [44 PL, 874pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

**Chapter Selection**: Raven Guard

+ HQ +

Kayvaan Shrike [8 PL, 150pts]

+ Elites +

Terminator Squad [12 PL, 242pts]: Teleport Homer

. Terminator Sergeant: Power sword, Storm bolter

. Terminator w/Heavy Weapon: Power fist

. . Cyclone Missile Launcher and Storm Bolter: Cyclone missile launcher, Storm bolter

. 3x Terminator w/PF: 3x Power fist, 3x Storm bolter

Vanguard Veteran Squad [8 PL, 150pts]: Jump Pack

. Space Marine Veteran: 2x Lightning Claw

. Veteran Sergeant: 2x Lightning Claw

Vanguard Veteran Squad [8 PL, 150pts]: Jump Pack

. Veteran Sergeant: 2x Lightning Claw

Venerable Dreadnought [8 PL, 182pts]: Twin lascannon

. Dreadnought combat weapon w/Storm Bolter: Storm bolter

++ Total: [105 PL, 1997pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

43 bodies.

Shrike and the Vanguard will be SFTS on a flank. The Terminators will deep strike near a target of opportunity.

I'll have a lump of Devastator squads with the dread hanging out near the Captain and LT. I kept the CCW on the dread so he and the Captain can serve as a counter charge element if necessary.

Shrike will probably be the Warlord so he can shut off Overwatch for the Vanguard.

And as usual, the Fire Raptor will be a big distracting death machine.

I like the list a lot.

I think your least efficient unit is the Terminators, but that being said I can see a clear strategy for their use. If I were piloting this list I imagine the Terminators would get dropped on the same flank as the Vanguard Vets, along with Shrike, and in double-tap range of chaff/troops to weed them out and make a hole for the vanguard, along with park on an objective in the opponents deployment zone to create an "anchor" to give staying power to that alpha-element.

That all being said, if I wanted to make this list stronger, it probably would involve trading out the Terminators and converting those points into more troops and possibly another LT to go with the Vanguard, giving you more staying power/obsec (and a second battalion to spam more Stratagems).

I think the list as it stands is great for non-hyper-competitive play for sure.

Look man, having Terminators in the list is awesome and shows you have a certain amount of chutzpah.  You have my stamp of approval because of that :tu:

Hmm.  I should make a pic of that  ...

The Vanguard don't need a LT. Claws reroll all wounds anyway, so his ability would be useless there. And Shrike being nearby let's them reroll all misses.

I opted for the Cyclone over the assault cannon because he gets to keep his storm bolter. If I use a frag missile I get more potential shots.

Claws where in Iowa are you?

Ill be in Iowa City next weekend, my wife is visiting friends.

Wanna test your list out against my RG? B&C Ravenspire batrep? :D

Other side of the state my friend. I'm in Council Bluffs.

My list isn't even close to ready anyway. The Terminators and dreadnought are still in their boxes and the second Vanguard squad isn't here yet. (I got some Dark Furies :))

I'm waiting for a not bitterly cold day so I can prime/basecoat my stuff. I've switched to basecoating on the sprues and just cleaning it up from there.

Edited by Claws and Effect

The Vanguard don't need a LT. Claws reroll all wounds anyway, so his ability would be useless there. And Shrike being nearby let's them reroll all misses.

I opted for the Cyclone over the assault cannon because he gets to keep his storm bolter. If I use a frag missile I get more potential shots.

That's valid and a bit of a miscommunication on my part.

When I run my Jump LT (or captain variant), I give him Teeth of Terra and his sole job is to break off on his own and hunt buff-giving characters. I fully expect him to die, every time, but he fulfills my Moritat-niche quite nicely, and for a small cost he has proven quite effective.

Other side of the state my friend. I'm in Council Bluffs.

My list isn't even close to ready anyway. The Terminators and dreadnought are still in their boxes and the second Vanguard squad isn't here yet. (I got some Dark Furies :smile.:)

I'm waiting for a not bitterly cold day so I can prime/basecoat my stuff. I've switched to basecoating on the sprues and just cleaning it up from there.

Google says its ~4hr drive which is what mine is so its perfectly halfway! :D ;) 

I hear ya, thats a big reason I dropped the coin on the airbrush so I could prime in winter! (Not to mention the ridiculously humid summers...)

This wan't an issue back home... :ermm:

I can appreciate the issues of the cold, it's what is keeping me for any serious hobby time.

Race, I don't think you appreciate how cold it really is here, being in Georgia and all.

It was -16 last week. That was not the wind chill. It was colder here than freaking Antarctica was.

Sorry duz, but I'm not arguing with my car for 2 hours in this stuff. Mustangs do NOT like snow.

That's valid and a bit of a miscommunication on my part.

When I run my Jump LT (or captain variant), I give him Teeth of Terra and his sole job is to break off on his own and hunt buff-giving characters. I fully expect him to die, every time, but he fulfills my Moritat-niche quite nicely, and for a small cost he has proven quite effective.

That's the Captain's job. That's why I gave him a combi-melta and thunder hammer. That way he can beat up tanks if I need him to.

It's also why I gave him the Raven's Fury. So he can go from buffing my long range stuff straight into pummeling something.

I can appreciate the issues of the cold, it's what is keeping me for any serious hobby time.

Race, I don't think you appreciate how cold it really is here, being in Georgia and all.

It was -16 last week. That was not the wind chill. It was colder here than freaking Antarctica was.

Yeah, that's nuts. All things being relative though