Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Roboute Guilliman

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Darklighter

Darklighter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 632 posts
My latest edition to my own armies. I had to have him in my collection but I also had to make him fit in better with my Blood Angels.

SDC18350.JPG

SDC18351.JPG

SDC18352.JPG

• Brother Tyler, Azaiel, Prot and 25 others like this

Brother Lunkhead

Brother Lunkhead

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 459 posts
  • Faction: Praetorian Sword, Ultramarines

Sorry.... I ran out of "Likes"sad.png You've done a fantastic job on your Big Bobby G figure, bother. He'll fit right in with your Blood Angelsthumbsup.gif 

• Darklighter and chamberlainskeksil like this

CardinalVirtue

CardinalVirtue

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 892 posts
  • Faction: The Raven Order
Not gonna lie, he looks better in gold.
  • Brother Lunkhead likes this

Spinsanity

Spinsanity

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 299 posts

To each their own. I do prefer him like this, although I think adding a spot of color like a blue (or red, if necessary for him not to clash with the BAs) shoulder pad or two could have helped, I think...

Interrogator Stobz

Interrogator Stobz

++ VILICUS PISCARIAM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 5,729 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels

I'm not a Ultra hater, but I do not like their blue, this guy looks great.

Well done on taking the leap away, he kinda looks like he should be Sanguinius without wings, again well done he actually looks great like this.

Be Pure, Be Vigilant, Behave.

gallery_4664_5295_5937.gifgallery_33968_5962_11035.jpg
Belial by 'Michael'
Stobz'z DAngles

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,956 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
Why is his armor dark gray? Is it meant to be bare ceramite, like a Grey Knight's?

Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)
Sisters of Battle+ Fenrisian Beer- Inhibitions- Sanity= Trouble! (Order of the Blazing Heart Rocket Punch Pimp Magnet She-Wolf)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Reasons to use the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think the Librarian Dreadnought needs Furious Charge AND It Will Not Die to beat down a Chaos-worshiping punk and his Defiler, while a Stormraven needs a Vanquisher cannon to beat down this punk's Heldrake.

CardinalVirtue

CardinalVirtue

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 892 posts
  • Faction: The Raven Order

To each their own. I do prefer him like this, although I think adding a spot of color like a blue (or red, if necessary for him not to clash with the BAs) shoulder pad or two could have helped, I think...

To clarify I think he looks great like this rather than in blue. It might just be that my screen is terrible or that the four year old adjusted the color balance when I wasn’t looking again, but it looks like gold with silver highlights.
  • Darklighter likes this

Darklighter

Darklighter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 632 posts

It is mostly gold with a few silver details picked out like the chest eagle and ultramarine chapter badges. I use a pale antique gold colour rather than the "Ratners" yellow that's common place. It's Tamiya's Titanium Gold for anyone who's interested. Thank you all for the feed back it's been a pleasure reading it.

• MikhalLeNoir likes this

Brother Lunkhead

Brother Lunkhead

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 459 posts
  • Faction: Praetorian Sword, Ultramarines

True that!thumbsup.gif 

TheWeepingAngel

TheWeepingAngel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 253 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels
Great work Darklighter, very nice alternate colour scheme you're rocking there

chamberlainskeksil

chamberlainskeksil

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 78 posts

He definitely looks scarier in this colour scheme.  I really like it.  Actual paint work is really good too!  Enjoyable to view.

• Darklighter likes this

mithrilforge

mithrilforge

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,668 posts
  • Faction: 40k - xenos & ad-mech

Oh i love this scheme wub.gif

but as others are saying it looks different on their screens..to me it looks like a tarnished silver..which is awesome anyway...

oh and by the way you have a spot of red on your right pauldron...right there on the wing...ermm.gif oops...

Love it though,its my favourite version of him so far (sorry Prot blush.png )

Cheers, Mithril 

gallery_70393_10089_1851.png PtR_Black_Pearl_Badge.jpgETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei02.gifETL_Medal_02.gifgallery_48988_6285_17537.pngETL_2016_Badge_10_Badge_of_the_Artificergallery_6494_6331_8260.pngETL_VI_Banner_01_Oath_of_Moment_.jpg

Darklighter

Darklighter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 632 posts

but as others are saying it looks different on their screens..to me it looks like a tarnished silver..which is awesome anyway...

oh and by the way you have a spot of red on your right pauldron...right there on the wing...ermm.gif oops...

Cheers, Mithril 

That spot has been fixed. It's just one of them things you don't notice until after it's already out in the world.... I think you go a bit blind to things like that when the model is in your hands. Pictures are the best way to find flaws like that. Thank you for taking the time to point it out as it means you've really taken the time to look at the model. 

I'd quite like to put this style of paint on the new Custodes. I'm going to have to keep my fingers crossed that someone wants a commission of them. As I think my next personal army will be a Blanch style Mechanicus force Super gritty and very creepy looking, with lots of conversion work.

• mithrilforge likes this

mithrilforge

mithrilforge

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,668 posts
  • Faction: 40k - xenos & ad-mech

Cheers, Mithril 

That spot has been fixed. It's just one of them things you don't notice until after it's already out in the world.... I think you go a bit blind to things like that when the model is in your hands. Pictures are the best way to find flaws like that. Thank you for taking the time to point it out as it means you've really taken the time to look at the model. 

I'd quite like to put this style of paint on the new Custodes. I'm going to have to keep my fingers crossed that someone wants a commission of them. As I think my next personal army will be a Blanch style Mechanicus force Super gritty and very creepy looking, with lots of conversion work.

you know, Custodes done in your style here would be awesomesauce wub.gif  

i have done the  "finding a flaw in a pic of your own models" before as well...we look at it soo much we kinda get the "Can't see the forest for the tree's" effect rolleyesclean.gif

glad its fixed. 

good luck in your next "Blanchesque" adventure!

Cheers, Mithril

p.s. Tamiya  - titanium gold, its in my vault of to get get paints list now msn-wink.gif

Edited by mithrilforge, 01 February 2018 - 04:39 AM.

• Darklighter likes this

gallery_70393_10089_1851.png PtR_Black_Pearl_Badge.jpgETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei02.gifETL_Medal_02.gifgallery_48988_6285_17537.pngETL_2016_Badge_10_Badge_of_the_Artificergallery_6494_6331_8260.pngETL_VI_Banner_01_Oath_of_Moment_.jpg

Guiltysparc

Guiltysparc

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,637 posts

I actually really like the silver, pretty cool, non-traditional take on the armor.  

gallery_92768_11583_3171.png                         gallery_92768_11583_2220.jpg

My Legio XII Project Log                                                                             

My Ultramarines Primaris Plog

DeathbyWes

DeathbyWes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 175 posts
  • Faction: Angels Meliora

He looks great Darklighter, well done !

-W

Burias-Drak'shal

Burias-Drak'shal

+FRATER DOMUS+