+++ Trooping the Colour: An IG Hobby Event +++

duz_

Oh, snap, I totally missed the launch of this event. Just noticed it today when I saw the banner and clicked on it. Looks awesome so far.

I've been trying to work on my =][= stuff, but going through this thread just gave me a massive jolt of mojo for working on my Praetorians who stalled-out in the summer.

Do all vows have to be in the same regiment? I've been plotting some crusaders for my =][= army who were to be taken from Codex: AM and based on Scion models. I might do them as well as some Praetorians to kill two birds with one stone.

Also, would a Praetorian squad where 1 model is complete, 4 or 5 have primer and the base coat on their faces and tunics, and the rest only primed, be acceptable as an entry to be completed?

No requirement to be the same regiment Nico, as long as they're Guard they're good. All models in a vow need to be primed or near to it, so a completed model would invalidate that squad as a pledge unfortunately. If you can find a replacement for him then they'll be good :tu:

@Nicodemus Deloroso,yes it represents my Count a rogue trader,it was a model I had always wanted to build.I hope to see you continue on with your   

pretorians.You should continue with your chimera counts as,although I think using a Empire Steam tank would be perfect for the Russ.Just my opinion,and hope.:rolleyes:

Greetings Brothers,

The first 2 parts of my vow are complete. The Command Squad and the first Infantry Squad have been mustered and put through basic training (aka painted and washed). I now move on to the 3rd Infantry Squad and also begin preparation for a second vow.

As always pictures are below for the loyal servants of the Emperor:

6ENUcgh.jpg

5EN3Z81.jpg

n2tKGWp.jpg

Noph0xL.jpg

6Mjlh1R.jpg

rA0EQyD.jpg

TW9haUK.jpg

Update on my vow, please to present the first of my two infantry squads pledged. number 2 of 6 for the brigade.

8SjlFeD.jpg

QtphPH2.jpg

MRNqvXO.jpg

Should be the lord Commissar next, he's about half done now.

Hi Res!

This event is for legal Codex: Astra Militarum unit entries. So if you are able to vow your units as legal AM codex entries (eg Infantry squads, or conscripts) your welcome to join!

Now should your regiment end up re-enacting the Tyrok fields incident upon the conclusion of the event. Well then we will simply nuke the plant from high orbit :D :tu:

gallery_62353_10396_90030.jpg

The radio was playing Thunder by Imagine Dragons when I opened this post - now forevermore that guy is dancing and singing 'Thunder, feel the thunder... Lightning and the thunder'. :laugh.:

Great work on the armour Elmo!

Ok, well it's a Commander, a Command Squad and an Infantry Squad at this point, then. I'll get some pics up.

"In the name of several different folk, I Commander Res Ipsa Loquitur of the 42nd Regiment, Kronstaat IV Worker's Defence Force shall raise a Commander, Command Squad and Infantry Squad by 31st March."

Komandir Batalona Petrichenko (Commander) and Command Squad:

26167041_10208560016912974_8877264136819

Infantry Squad:

27629281_10208765179841919_8403991896074

Technically, they may have committed some 'light' treason.

Ok, I'm going to throw my hat into the ring, but owing to real life exigencies, I'm going to limit myself to small, manageable vows and re-vow if and when I complete each. So, to start:

"In the name of the Emperor and Lord Commander , I Commander Nicodemus Doloroso of the Vth Inquisitorial Storm Trooper Legion, shall raise a (4 man) Crusader unit by 31st March."

WIP shot:

med_gallery_66537_9465_33192.jpg

I suppose this is a great event to help bring my Guard regiment up to speed a bit! Here goes:

In the name of the Emperor and Lord Commander of the Brothers Luminous, I Commander Aether of the Carexaen 126th Shock Troopers, shall raise a Command Squad with Lascannon Team, Sniper, and Regimental Standard Bearer by 31st March.

In addition, at the discretion of the commissariat, I shall complete the camo patterning, washing and highlighting of one infantry squad, and a Company Commander.

Command Squad:

Command Squad 1

Infantry Squad:

Infantry Squad 1

Company Commander (Pictured Next to Commissar Yarrick...who may be vowed if I complete my first vow):

Yarrick And Commander

Archived