+++ Trooping the Colour: An IG Hobby Event +++

duz_

"In the name of the Emperor and Lord Commander , I Commander DevilishImp of the Lorian 17th Regiment, shall raise two Company Commanders by 31st March."

Two Commander's ready to to take command and take the fight to the enemy.

RqviQlP.jpg

2nd Vow: "In the name of the Emperor and Lord Commander , I Commander DevilishImp of the Lorian 17th Regiment, shall raise one company Commander, one Infantry squad and two Leman Russ Battle Tanks by 31st March."

As you can see I was originally going to be more ambitious with my first vow but I decided to take it a bit slower and just start with the two company commanders. Since they worked out I figured I might as well vow the rest of this original group that I was going to do.

iBdGcoE.jpg

The second leman russ below.  Had just started to outline the camo pattern before the event.

k4I9Sfn.jpg

As I've got a squad of scions coming and have just found hiding in my old stuff an old squad of infantry that were undercoated years ago, I want them tournament ready for a few weeks, I'll add a fourth Vow

"In the name of the Emperor and Lord Commander , I Commander ImperialSquishiness of the Task Force Anglia combined regiment, shall paint an Infantry squad and build and paint a Scion squad by 31st March."

So I’m steadily painting my heresy army to get it wrapped up so I can switch gears back to the guard! Looking at all the threads to paint brings a tear of joy to my eyes;)
Been picking away at this guy.

Heres my before pic Duz...sorry about that and thanks for being a good commisar for this event!:)

gallery_32985_14149_123736.jpeg

gallery_32985_14149_955450.jpeg

I finished 1 of my 2 pledges, Lieutenant Winters. This veteran Platoon Commander was accreted into the Tallarn 23rd when her Praetorian regiment was destroyed.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/gbrla4cWUuEEKaS72

Lt. Winters is the first of many troopers in a long-term project to add 2 30-trooper Praetorian platoons and a supporying Praetorian rough rider squad to my Tallarn force. I'll add a squad or so a year til I'm done. I've always admired that one GW Games Day display featuring Tallarn tanks and (retreating) rough riders supported by masses of Praetorian infantry. In the display the IG were being bested by a massive Ork force (although I'd like to think the IG sirvived to fight another day). This project is an homage to that inspiring and creative Games Day display board.

Good to see the ranks growing! Although we are seeing some slow down, lets have a push this weekend! We don't just want completed units, we want more vows too!

Updated first post with current progress. As usual please check that I have updated your information correctly.

We are still missing a fair number of before pictures. Remember to take a picture before you start painting or get too far down the track or your vow will not count.
As the initial post states only minimal work can be done on the models for them to be eligible and it is at the Commissariats discretion. 

Also I have sent a few of you PM's just to clarify some vows and progress reports.

Keep up the good effort all! :tu:

Your wish is my command, Lord commander Duz. May I present my commissar lord, ready for action.

pJZpre2.jpg

176Hqjq.jpg

ULQpjvg.jpg

Half the last infantry sqaud is done and two of the three base colours are on the rest. They'll be done for the weekend as ordered.

Have just dug out a load of old ratling snipers, so will be adding a fifth vow

"In the name of the Emperor and Lord Commander , I Commander ImperialSquishiness of the Task Force Anglia combined regiment, shall paint 2 squads of Ratling Snipers."

0EGkbEP.jpg

The Squad, Company Commander and Platoon Commander in the background are all done awaiting basing. Gonna do the whole lot in one go.

The last five of the second infantry squad are nearly done so i'd like to pledge some more units. 

"In the name of the Emperor and Lord Commander , I Major Onslow of the Astolate 352nd, shall raise two Taurox transports by 31st March."

After feed back on previous tourox i painted I have bought two Zinge industries half track conversion kits for them.

vA1DBjt.jpg

Up until yesterday, It's either been too cold or too wet to get things primed.  Once I finally got the chance, I went into overdrive a bit, though I only have the these 3 commanders finished.  I plan on updating my hobby thread with some more updates in a few days.

DwNSnKv.jpg

I'm also going to add  3 infantry squads and a special weapon squad to my pledge.

I got some before pictures for you.

rLti2tZ.jpg

ofStQEE.jpg

qSjIUIt.jpg

Just it's clear on what I'm going to deliver, it's 6 infantry squads each with a special weapon and heavy weapons team as well as 1 special weapons squad

Vow 1

In the name of the Emperor and Lord Commander , I Commander Danny Cyanide of the Elysian 127th, shall raise 1 infantry squad by 31st March.

Vow 2

In the name of the Emperor and Lord Commander , I Commander Danny Cyanide of the Elysian 127th, shall raise 1 infantry squad by 31st March.

Vow 3

In the name of the Emperor and Lord Commander , I Commander Danny Cyanide of the Elysian 127th, shall raise 1 missile launcher squad by 31st March.

Vow 4

In the name of the Emperor and Lord Commander , I Commander Danny Cyanide of the Elysian 127th, shall raise Tauros Assault Vehicle by 31st March.

Vow 5

In the name of the Emperor and Lord Commander , I Commander Danny Cyanide of the Elysian 127th, shall raise 3 Company Comanders by 31st March.

r7r2Asb.jpg

jB7VTic.jpg

Completions:

First Vow Group Shot:

B9ZnJLw.jpg?1

3 Company Commanders:

GLXs7K7.jpg?1

First infantry squad:

41zvhIF.jpg

Second infantry squad:

ZK3W1mL.jpg

Tauros Assault Vehicle: