+++ Trooping the Colour: An IG Hobby Event +++

duz_

Nice work Chris, don't forget that time is running out as the month marches on! I managed to complete my models earlier than expected:

gallery_30308_10604_12382.jpg

gallery_30308_10604_26162.jpg

gallery_30308_10604_58486.jpg

gallery_30308_10604_20137.jpg

I've also got my lore piece done:

Hidden Content
"We need to stay very quiet," Holk spoke low and raised his finger in front of his mouth, "Remember? Like I explained before?"

He allowed himself a brief glance at his tactical read out, the nods showing understanding but he knew better than to let their attention wander.

"That's great. Now, very soon we'll need to go. Just like how we trained, ok? But it is very important we go only when I give the signal."

More nods, but with greater enthusiasm.

"Excellent! Does everyone remember the signal? Yes? That's really good. Ok, is everyone ready to go? Yorn? Yorn needs to remember to follow Tan, just like we did in training. Ok? Ok."

Holk looked at the read out again.

"Ready... set..."

The traitors gave no thought to the loud whistle blow. It wasn't a new sound on their battlefield, Arukan officers being fond of them for traditional reasons. The brutal city fighting had no shortage of noise after all, but the giant abhumans sprinting from the bunker yelling soon made their presence known. In his eagerness Yorn forgot to swing his mace and crushed several with his bulk, but he followed the Bone 'ead Tan as instructed. Tan followed his instructions too; the Bullgryns didn't stop to deal with the traitorous masses, instead ploughing through their lines killing as many as they could without slowing down.

The Chaos Marines identified the ploy and reacted quickly, but the defenders rallied to the charge. The tide of traitors was set upon with renewed vigour by Guardsmen and the Bullgryns continued their assault. Holk, despite the conditioning expected of all commissars, struggled to keep up with the long strides of his eager charges but he tried anyway. He had drilled them well but you can never be too careful, and duty required his undivided attention.

"Yorn! That one is dead! Find a new one!" he bellowed in between breaths as Yorn relentlessly bludgeoned a mangled corpse, barely recognisable as power armour under his blows.

A whip of his sword sent a heretic's head flying as he passed, but he had no time for anything else so had to trust the Guardsmen covering their assault.

"Tan, behind you!" he gasped for oxygen as he continued his mad sprint towards them.

Tan whirled around and in a great arc brought his maul down, squashing the Marine's head into his torso. He looked to Holk for approval, seemingly unconcerned by the combat blade lodged in his back, but the commissar just waved his sword towards Yorn; the young Ogryn was busy beating another crumpled corpse with his shield.

Holk reached the Bullgryns as a thunderous cheer erupted from the defending lines. With their masters mercilessly crushed the traitor horde was broken and being methodically cut down by the advancing Guardsmen. Stopping to catch his breath, the Bullgryns eagerly lined up in front of him and presented their shields to carry out their roll call. The command bunker was saved. Holk would have smiled if he didn't need oxygen so desperately. Emperor preserve me. They will be the death of me, but I'll be damned if they're not effective!

That means I've a couple of character background pieces and batreps left, I'm hoping to earn those promotions next week :thumbsup: Onwards and upwards comrades - glory waits for no man!

I moved city in december and in the turmoil the 189th TEF were presumed lost in transit (warp storms etc).  However upon my departure a dear friend gifted me an ancient relic from his Krieg division.  So far I've fixed some dodgy gluing on the tracks (made some parts slightly worse) and customised it a little to help it fit my theme a bit more. I hope I can do this thing justice...

"In the name of the Emperor and Lord Commander , I Commander  P3AKHOUR of the 189th Tebessan Expeditionary Force shall raise a Malcador Heavy Tank by 31st March."

received 10155234802201846

received 10155234802231846

received 10155234802266846

Lost!? :huh.: The Malcador is a cool tank, but you don't have long to paint it up - death or glory!

Not really lost, just all my Warhammer was packed away for a while in boxes while I moved into my new place.  Ah I've got like 20 days. Heappps of time haha :ermm:

"In the name of the Emperor and Lord Commander, I Calgar 2.0, commander of the the Jopall 20th Indentured Squadron, shall raise 1 Company Commander, 2 Infantry Squads, 1 Chimera, and 1 Veteran Squad by 31st March."

pFq24gf.jpg

Lots of great vows here - Calgar 2.0 are those some Victoria minis? I look forward to seeing them painted!

Regrettably I'm not going to have time to participate in this fine event :sleep: I've not even had time to check on the models pickling in Dettol. In penance I will finally get round to creating my first army thread here to chronicle and help encourage me to get going on my IG force. I hope the Commissariat finds this acceptable! :biggrin.:

In the mean time I shall continue to lurk and see the amazing models this forum can deliver :thumbsup: Keep up the great work everyone!

Updated! :D

I have concluded my warp travel for the foreseeable future!
Hopefully I can keep a better track of vows and completions between now and the end of the month!

In the meanwhile:

18 days to go Guardsmen!

We seem to have a mix bag of dedicated commanders who are able to finish their vows and others still raising their forces!

Don't forget there are other ways of achieving your promotion through proper reports submitted to the Munitorum.

Keep up the good work, some excellently painted models so far and great reports too! :D :tu:

After a bit of a break on my Astolat guard army, to paint up my Revilers space marine army for a local tournament, i have finished off my last two pledges. A pair of Taurox with Zinge industries half track kits. 

Here they are 

TQ35B7e.jpg

p5PRTds.jpg

SXcoPMk.jpg

35HuGZ0.jpg

And with the first one I did, enough for all three squads of the platoon

FmxiJnd.jpg

After a bit of a break on my Astolat guard army, to paint up my Revilers space marine army for a local tournament, i have finished off my last two pledges. A pair of Taurox with Zinge industries half track kits. 

Here they are 

TQ35B7e.jpg

p5PRTds.jpg

SXcoPMk.jpg

35HuGZ0.jpg

And with the first one I did, enough for all three squads of the platoon

FmxiJnd.jpg

Archived