+++ Trooping the Colour: An IG Hobby Event +++

duz_

Reviler those halftracks are great, so chunky and aggressive. The Taurox platform is really growing on me, especially with all the cool conversion bits available.

Got a bit more done tonight, now the old girl has a name.

IMG 20180319 000704

IMG 20180319 000716

Ah, what the heck, go hard or go home!

Vow 3:

"In the name of the Emperor and Lord Commander , I Commander Danny Cyanide of the Krieg 111th Combined Battle Group, shall raise 2 Infantry Squads, and one Las Canon Squad by 31st March."

I will also provide 1 regimental lore piece, and 2 Character bios by the same date!

Before photos of the 3 units will be posted as soon as possible! I'm flying back across the country (Canada) for work tomorrow so they will likely not be posted until tomorrow evening!

MvTQEtN.jpg?1

Completions:

Infantry Squad 1:

VSEfcjK.jpg?1

Infantry Squad 2:

1U5rtIA.jpg?2

Las Cannon Squad:

gDe33ny.jpg?1

Group Shot:

C4FuXcy.jpg?1

Commanders, marshaling begins soon!

We've seen a number of notable commanders going above and beyond, yet there are still many yet to complete vows.

We have just over  a week left! Let's see if we can't finish off some the vows that have been made!

As WF said, if you don't think you can complete a unit in time there's always Lore pieces you can submit! :tu:

For the Emperor! :D

Completing my vows backwards - Regimental History is done! Or at least done for now. I usually always go back and tweak that kind of stuff. Read it in my WIP thread here: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/344905-hobbybackground-17th-turador-regt-the-shadow-walkers/

“Him-On-Earth. All we have done, we have done for Him-On-Earth. We bled in the ruins of our homes, fighting first against the heretics, then amongst ourselves, all in the name of Him-On-Earth. When I was young, bright-eyed and naïve like you youngsters are, I thought I was invincible. I learned quickly, fighting under the burning spires of our home world, that not only am I not invincible, but that I only live by the good graces of Him-On-Earth! You believe the traitor, the xenos, the heretic, will fall to your volley fire, your plasma, your shot and shell, leaving you all-conquering heroes? You are all fools! The enemies I have faced would have left you broken and bleeding upon the battleground! You believe your service in the line regiments means anything to me? I have fought on battlefields you only know as histories! I was serving Him-On-Earth when your fathers’ fathers were infants! You would not be here today if not for the blood shed by my brothers and sisters over a century ago! By some Divine grace, you have been chosen to be members of the 17th Turador, the most venerable of the Venerables! We are the Shadow-Walkers, the hunters in the dark! We strike the enemy unseen, from all angles, rifles firing, and blades bare! We are the chosen instrument of Him-On-Earth, for exacting vengeance upon the traitors, heretics, and xenos that have made our world bleed! Prove to me today, as His instrument on this battle-field, that you are worthy of the name!”

-Master Sergeant Alessandra Doru, 17th Turador Regiment, addressing recently tithed inductees, Romvis II Campaign

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

17th Turador Regiment, Venerables - "The Shadow-Walkers"

FINALLY finished building my models. Protip: Don't EVER try to salvage old Sentinel models. I started with three and after two weeks was only able to build two from salvaged parts, after much swearing and superglue. Regardless, all my models for my Trooping the Colors Vow are built, now onto the painting. Primed everything yesterday, and planning on knocking out a couple squads at least over the weekend. While I don't see myself finishing the entirety of my TtC vows, participating in this has helped spur me to put quite a bit of work in towards getting back into the hobby!
gallery_10713_14349_846599.jpg

Hi everyone,

I finished up Pledge Number 2 of 2!  It's a female  Praetorian Command Squad using Victoria Miniatures troopers.

Here are some photos...

39152429140_fc52395a72_b.jpg

39152428260_74280242d1_b.jpg

A shot of both pledges, Lt. Winters and her command squad

40252680194_5646ab0a21_b.jpg

And a close-up of Corporal Pulaski and her pet "Dress right, dress!"

40919965252_926a732c16_b.jpg

Well I decided that I'd make use of my flight time today by writing the 3 Lore pieces for my third vow:

Elysian 127th Drop Regiment:

Founded in 092M42 in the wake of the Great Rift dividing the universe, the Elysian 127th is still a very young regiment. The127th is led by High Commander Ezra Stoughton, a Tempestor that was permanently attached to the Regiment at is founding. All the officers of this regiment are Scions that came with Stoughton to form and train the newly founded 127th.

Notable Campaigns:

Unnamed Rok

While still in the early days of the Regiments formation, Elysian Cadets boarded and scuttled a large Ork Rok that was headed for Armageddon. Many casualties were taken, but the reinforcements that were bound for Armageddon never arrived.

Stavrak V

The 127th astropath received a distress call from the nearby mining colony of Stavrak V, Stoughton jumped at the opportunity to give his Cadets more real world fighting experience. 2000 men and women were dropped into a vicious Dark Eldar raid. The Elysians fought well and were able to drive the Eldar back into the Webway, and only 21% of the drop force was lost.

Forge World Bracken III

The Elysian 127th was requested to send a contingent of men to assault a newly awakened Necron Tomb on the Forge World of Bracken III. Although they were assured support from the Skitarii forces, once they landed they were completely in their own. Of the 1953 men sent to Bracken III only 131 managed to make their way to extraction. Fighting continues on Bracken III.

Monii XIV

Located on the Eastern Fringe, Monii XIV was an Imperial Pleasure World that suddenly stopped communicating with the Administration, and many high Imperial dignitaries that has taken solace there has not returned. A small drop force of 30 Elysians from the 127th were sent to investigate. They found that the pleasure world was still active, but that task blue skinned Xenos had somehow convinced the population to defect from the Imperium. A full-scale drop Assault of Monii XIV was planned, and 4 full companies of troops were sent. The small Xenos contingent was swiftly destroyed and the local populace was rounded up. The planet was then turned over to the Ordo Hereticus for Judgement.

High Commander Stoughton:

“Elysia…. I've worked so hard for so many years to wind up on a dump like Elysia?”

Tempestor Stoughton was a proud soldier, and he had worked his whole life, literally as far back as he could remember with the goal of achieving the stunning black jacket awarded to Tempestor Primes in recognition of their command. Instead, he had been sent to Elysia to oversee the founding of the Elysian 127th Drop Regiment.

“This is a complete disgrace, to send a man of my caliber to oversee a bunch of Astra Militarum nobodies!”

“Knock it off Ezra, you aren't the only one being sent on this assignment” Snapped Vargus. They had been students at the Schola Progenium together and had known each other from childhood. “this is the ultimate challenge for men like us, take a bunch of Elysian PDF slop and create the greatest fighting force the Astra Militarum has ever seen!”

“Go suck a Nurgling Vargus”. Stoughton snapped. “I'm meant to lead Scions, not this drivel”

6 weeks later:

“So, you are the slop that I'm supposed to train?” Stoughton shouted at the assembled regiment. Before him stood thousands of young men and women, volunteers from Elysia whom had recently finished their mandatory year of service in the Elysian PDF.

” I’ve seen Orks that look like they have more brains than you lot! You may think that you know something, having spent the last year fighting Pirates in the space around Elysia, but you haven't seen anything! You aren't even worth Grox dung!” Stoughton continued.

“I am Tempestor Stoughton, High Commander of the Elysian 127th, and when I'm done with you, those of you that survive will be worth 3 of any other Regiments men! That said, as of now, you mean nothing to me, and I expect at least 25% of you will not survive to call themselves Guardsmen”

1 year later:

Stoughton looked out at the parade square and he smiled. So much has changed over this past year. He saw before him 3286 young men and women who has pushed themselves to their limits. They had been trained harder than any other troops enlisting in the Astra Militarum. He looked out over the mass of soldiers and he felt a great deal of pride.

These young men and women had learned to shoot, how to fight and most importantly, how to grav insert into combat zones. They had tested their mettle against Orks heading for Armageddon and had stood fast against a small Eldar invasion of the nearby mining planet Stavrak 5.

“Today” he bellowed across the parade square “you are no longer nothing. Today you have earned my respect and have earned the title of Elysian Drop Troops in recognition of your dedication and skill! You are the finest soldiers the Astra Militarum has to offer, and I am proud to call you my men!”

Sgt Alex Sylmar - Escape from Bracken III

Alex has been one of the initial group of inductees to the 127th at its founding. He had fought a variety of enemies both before and since his graduation such a the green skinned Orks and the lightning fast Eldar, but this was something different. Nothing he had seen before could have prepared him for these seemingly immortal men of metal that stood before him.

“Take cover” he shouted to his squad as the field became illuminated by the strange Green glow of these enemies’ weapons.

“is no use Sgt, we've been shooting these things, but even though they go down they get back up moments later! They can't be killed!”

“That's nonsense!” Sgt Sylmar snapped back “Everything can be killed!” rolling over to where a dead troopers plasma gun lay in the dirt. He grabbed the gun, popped up from cover and vaporized one of the metal men.

“let's see him get up from that! “He chuckled. “Quick find any plasma or melta gunners that have been slain! Their weapons put these things out for good!”

There had been over 1900 men dropped on Bracken III, and most of them were now dead, so finding energy weapons was not that difficult, though it was a gruesome task. Sylmar had gathered a group of 14 troopers together amidst the carnage, and they had managed to find 7 plasma guns and 3 melta gun amongst the dead. “Alright Elysians, let's get out of this death trap!”

They had been promised Mechanicus support, but no matter how many times they tried to call for artillery, there was no answer over the vox. The Mechanicus contingent had obviously been delayed in reaching the front lines to provide the vital support needed by the Elysian 127th.

“Valkyrie 473, come in, this is Sylmar, need extraction over” he called into the vox while crawling across the ground.

“Sylmar, this is Valkyrie 473, extraction is not possible at your location, please make your way to sector 87 where a landing zone has been cleared.”

“That's roughly 7 km from our current position!” Sylmar shouted. He and his team continued to fall back, shooting the metal men, exchanging burnt out energy weapons for fresh ones whenever they came across one. “Can command send any air support?”

“Affirmative Sylmar. Vultures inbound to your location now. ETA 12 minutes!”

The group continued to fight as they fell back towards the extraction zone. 3 more men were cut down by metal men that has draped themselves in the flesh of their dead Elysian brothers.

“Fire to the rear!” Sylmar shouted as he saw the grotesque figures cut down the rear guard of his group.

Brrrraaaappppp! Brrrraaaappppp! Brrrraaaappppp! Brrrraaaappppp! The sound of Punisher cannons filled the air and the deadly shells brought the disgusting flesh covered machines down!

“Good to see you’re still holding in there Sylmar!” rang out across the vox. “you guys keep low, well cover you too the extraction site! This whole mission is messed up!”.

“Thank the Emperor, your timing couldn't have been any better!” Sylmar responded to the Vulture pilot. “Alright men, only 3 more clicks to the LZ! Keep your heads down, keep your guns hot, and try to get the guy next to you out of here alive!”

------------------------------------------------------------

Of the 1953 Elysians deployed on Bracken III, only 131 managed to make it back alive. Sgt Sylmar guided 11 Elysians to safety and they were all awarded Veteran Status.

The conflict on Bracken III has been ongoing, and has received reinforcments from The Deathwatch, The Krieg 111th Combined Battle Group, as well as Knight Households that has close ties with Bracken III.

I hope you guys enjoy them! I had fun writing them!

Alright, time for the final push!  I built and primed these guys tonight.  It's going to be a tight few days to get them finished, but as the DKOK say, It's a good day to Die for the Emperor!

Introducing the first troops of the 111th Combined Battle Group:

MvTQEtN.jpg?1

I added this before picture to my third vow post as well!

I've finally got the officers finished and I have some days off work ahead of me so I've got some time to really hurry up on the squad.

First, the pre-picture:

med_gallery_53428_13970_361513.jpg

Then, the post:

med_gallery_53428_13970_608321.jpg

med_gallery_53428_13970_963145.jpg

So that I don't forget (almost did but just some green on four models), here is the squads I'm working on:

med_gallery_53428_13970_1549827.jpg

Here is a WIP of the first Krieg Infantry squad from my third vow:

eXLM7EP.jpg?2

These guys are taking much longer to paint than the Elysians, so it's really going to be tight!  

I have to ask though, what's the penalty for not completing all vows?  Signature banner of shame?

The penalty for not completing your vows is the everlasting shame knowing you failed your duty to the Emperor.*

However you maybe be given the opportunity to atone for your failures and be reassigned to a penal legion.** :tu: ;)

*No shame badge

**Current rank is not guaranteed to transfer on re-assignment ;)

Well given its the final week of the event I shall decree:

Everyone may pledge a single semi completed unit for the event! :tu:

Looking forward to seeing all these models being pushed out for the last few days! :D

I am calling this complete

[

032818trooping The colors Russ

032818trooping The colors2018

032818trooping The colors2018

I still have to determine the markings there is another ,Russ coming for the next event
I just recieved heads from anvil and still have heads from Victoria,and want to get to my infantry
Here is a little look at something I started during the tank block

Rough Riders,Tallarn,Haven

I think I'm going to have to concede getting the last couple of units I have left from my original vow done. Not going to have enough time to get it done.

I'll start preparing the transfer paper work then...  

I've pretty much finished everything up.  Though, there are some details on the vehicles that I'd like to go back and do. 

Here is a picture of what I have just in case I don't have a chance to post on Saturday.

g1Lvx6i.jpg

Sometime in the next week, I'm planning on posting a better update in my army thread.  I've also received a huge portion of an order from Den of Imagination that I'll show off at the same time.

I think I'm going to have to concede getting the last couple of units I have left from my original vow done. Not going to have enough time to get it done.

I'll start preparing the transfer paper work then...

I'm trying to get it done, but real life is going to be seriously limiting my hobby time for the next few months.

Archived