+++ Trooping the Colour: An IG Hobby Event +++

duz_

A little more progress on my third vow, I've got all 3 squads base coated, their jackets shaded, as well as their gas masks and leg wraps are brought up to their proper colour:

Group Shot:

dZZFE03.jpg?1

Infantry Squad 1:

G6xM7BY.jpg?1

I'm feeling pretty good about getting them done by the deadline now!  The threat of Penal service seems to have motivated me greatly!  lol

So, voila:

gallery_36568_14038_59129.jpg

211st Platoon, 124th Company, 13th New Eden Rifles

(excuse the white at their feet [reflecting super glue] and the hopeless photo, camera is being difficult.)

And to secure myself a further promotion: Regiment Data File

Was hoping to do so much more for these challenges but it just didn't happen. Too much Real Life garbage. But at least I got a few bits done.

I suppose this is a great event to help bring my Guard regiment up to speed a bit! Here goes:

In the name of the Emperor and Lord Commander of the Brothers Luminous, I Commander Aether of the Carexaen 126th Shock Troopers, shall raise a Command Squad with Lascannon Team, Sniper, and Regimental Standard Bearer by 31st March.

In addition, at the discretion of the commissariat, I shall complete the camo patterning, washing and highlighting of one infantry squad, and a Company Commander.

Sorry for the delay in posting WIP shots all. However, according to my own Eastern Standard Time, I'm 20 minutes early :thumbsup:

I hoped to complete more, but real life got the better of me.

Company Commander and Command Squad

GREAT Event, just wish I could've gotten more done!!

In the name of the Emperor and Lord Commander , I Commander Dis_Interested of the 19th Ventrillian Nobles, shall raise a Brigade comprised of (at least) 2 company commanders,  1 primaris psyker, 1 astropath, 1 enginseer, 1 command squad, 6 infantry squads, 3 scout sentinels and 3 heavy weapon squads by 31st March.

-image of the Primaris Psyker to follow-

My sincerest apologies, Lord Commander, but my vow is incomplete

As of sending this message, the 19th Ventrillian Nobles must report that our 3 sentinels, primaris psyker, 3 heavy weapon squads and one member of the command squad is incomplete.

We hope the commander's ire will be somewhat mollified by the addition of 3 leman russ to our order of battle, but we are fully prepared to undertake a crusade of atonement for our failings.

Ventrillians - as yet incomplete

Fantastic work being presented, as always the barracks delivers :thumbsup: Don't forget that batreps and lore pieces also contribute to your rank - I plan on getting mine in later today so if you've a bit of spare time today why not do the same? :smile.:

For those failing vows; the only apology the commissariat accepts is in the form of completed models - better late than never :wink:

What's this?

Could it be?   A last minute vow?  Is it even possible?  Well my fellow Commanders, I do believe that it is!  

"In the name of the Emperor and Lord Commander , I Commander Danny Cyanide of the  111th Krieg Combined Battle Group, shall raise 2 Commissars by 31st March."

Let me introduce you to the two fine Gentlemen that I'll be working on today, Built and named in Honour of our fine Moderation Staff here in the Astra Militarum Forum:

lY6Chjt.jpg?1

On the left with the Power Sword we have Commmissar Barton le Fissh

On the right wielding the deadly Las Pistol stands Commissar Darius Von Duzik

Death or glory my Brothers!  And thanks for dedicating so much of your time to the AM forum!

Let's keep the momentum going comrades; I've two lore pieces to do so here's the first. I hope others can add their pieces before the end of play today :tu:

Hidden Content
Commissar Holk was well known amongst the 144th, though he was much better known as "Uncle Holk" due to his shepherding of the Bullgryn auxilla this was not an insult - just as well as Holk was far less forgiving to those without the excuse of a slower mind. High Command also took a great interest but, as always, one focused purely on potential gains. It was noted how the Bullgryns under his command suffered fewer casualties, and the casualties they did suffer returned to battle much sooner, eager to rejoin the fight. More important still was the 29% improved performance on the battlefield not to mention the raft of honours won and days saved.

So it was a disappointment, but not a surprise, when Holk refused the offer of promotion. He believed he still had work to do with his charges, and that the Emperor had need of him there yet. So it proved when a mere 6 solar months later his Bullgryn unit saved the regimental command bunker during the Ott'nbu Insurrection and by extension the entire sector. Yet despite all this his most influential achievement would be none of his accomplishments on the battlefield, but his primer "Training the Abhuman" written in retirement. It revolutionised Ogryn use within the 144th soon spreading to other Arukan regiments and, it is claimed, to other Guard regiments. Even long after his death such commissars are still called "Uncles" after his nickname, and the 144th's Ogryns themselves consider him akin to a saint. When he refused the promotion perhaps the Emperor truly did have a greater plan for His loyal servant..?

The last day is ending soon so make haste if you've any work outstanding, not everyone has a later day like Danny after all :wink:

Hidden Content
The mind of a soldier in an Arukan regiment is said to always be in three places; on the battlefield, on Arukan and with the God-Emperor. It is often given poetic meaning by the soldiers, and always philosophical meaning by the scholar priests of Arukan; but to the outsider it is one of many insights that will help them understand. Though even the longest of embedded outsiders will say that you can never fully understand them - and that it's best not to try.

To the peoples of Arukan only three things truly matter and this saying summarises them succinctly. For what purpose do the Arukani have but war? Without Arukan itself, where would more Arukani regiments come from? Greatest of all - without the God-Emperor where is the meaning in life? So do the soldiers find simplicity in all things.

"All soldiers must die. As must all gun wrights, and all sword smiths. So do all farmers return to the earth they work. From the Guardsman to the Lord Commander; in this we are all equals. We are called fools for not fearing death, but is it not more foolish to fear the inevitable? Every moment spent on fear is wasted. To us Arukani the conditions are such that we can't possibly lose; we either win, or we die in His name. So why would we fear? To us you are the fools for not seeing this truth so simple even an Arukani child understands."

- Lord Commander Tairel, before his death leading the charge to end the Pashuun's World Heresy

Last minute update....first squad is up!

gallery_10713_14349_1260122.jpg

Not 100% completed, and they need basing, but definitely playable. I think I bit off more than I could chew with this vow; between a very busy work quarter and classes, I severely underestimated the amount of time it would take me to build up my starter army However, its been a great start to my return to the hobby!

Couple things I learned:

1) Sentinels are PAIN to strip and rebuild. I would have saved alot of time buying new models and building them than trying to strip and rebuild the old models. But, they came out pretty good, all things considered!

2) Next painting competition, I'll have my models built at the start! Having to build everything from the start really ate up my time.

Hope to do this again!

I am calling this complete

[so I am calling this vow complete)

I still have to determine the markings there is another ,Russ coming for the next event
I just recieved heads from anvil and still have heads from Victoria,and want to get to my infantry
Here is a little look at something I started during the tank block

ready to get to the new heads ,Haven is being realized the way I always wanted too.I will go back and add gubbins,with the markings. There are six tanks so 2 Squads with a new Russ waiting on assembly,and paint making 7 tanks total. 1 command ,2 Squads , 1 Squad battle tanks ,1 Squad special weapons.

• 2 weeks later...

gallery_30308_9518_40120.jpg

+++Well done Guardsmen, you have done the Emperor and Lord Commander Guilliman proud!+++

The necessary paper work has been compiled and sent to the Munitorum for processing. Awards shall follow once they have received, processed and confirmed the triplicate forms.

In the meanwhile the Commissariat reports that we raised an additional 104 units and submitted a further 14 reports to chronicle our great achievements for the Glory of the Imperium.

Those who failed in their duties shall report to the Commissary immediately to receive their new assignments.

Archived