+++ Trooping the Colour: An IG Hobby Event +++

duz_

I have updated the OP with the new rules, as well as new vow's and completions!
Please check to make sure I've updated yours correctly, PM if you need anything changed! :smile.:

Also when adding a vow please create a new post.
Its difficult to track when people go back and change their OP, as I won't necessarily notice that.

Finally this Scribe will try to inscribe with paint these models
nkOn9L5.jpg

Haratus to confirm, is this a Command Squad + Company Commander?

Also if you could copy, paste in your Lore piece to your post that would be great! 

I have updated the OP with the new rules, as well as new vow's and completions!

Please check to make sure I've updated yours correctly, PM if you need anything changed! :smile.:

Also when adding a vow please create a new post.

Its difficult to track when people go back and change their OP, as I won't necessarily notice that.

Finally this Scribe will try to inscribe with paint these models

nkOn9L5.jpg

Haratus to confirm, is this a Command Squad + Company Commander?

Also if you could copy, paste in your Lore piece to your post that would be great! 

yes that is a command squad but it's a platoon commander, and sure i can copy past the lore piece to the post (thought it look up less space that way but ok)

A little fluff for ,Count Tarrant's Forces, and the PDF of Haven

Lt. Denison's , sentinel squad lost their sentinels during a transport landing,and not willing to have his men reassigned he approached the regimental techpriest. The officer receiving a summons returned to find these three vehicles.The priest had found an ,STC for a wheeled transport. The servitors built them using the body form from landspeeders that they had from an earlier mission with ,Ultra Marines. Denisons ,rats stayed together the ground crew of each sentinel now no longer manning a line,waiting the return of their machine,but actively taking part.

He and his squad having lost only four of their original member's were released from active service,at the end of the, Hadrian Crusade found themselves far from home.News revealing that time had past wives,and girlfriends had moved on they were approached by a business manager,a representative for a rogue trader, a certain Count Tarrant.Go ahead ask me about the Count. I actually met him when he was just a simple ,Baron on Vesta, where as is normal all ,Knight pilots hold noble titles these knights from a lost expedition the survivors colonizing this world.His wounds from an earlier conflict ,the destruction of an Ork, waagh had left him unable to link to his ,Knight. He now fights from  this mobile platform,while his daughter took the knight . His hereditary position subsumed from an earlier civil war, the victor's family in constant fear of another civil war.He and his family placed a constant fear for thier very lives. Tarrant was finally pushed  to leave the planet.His loyal staff seeking opportunity ,and especially security as he had even younger children,as well as the children of all those of his household guard ,and servants made the arrangements to take up an imperial trade warrant.His sudden rise to, Count a ruse to bring him home to see him and his family destroyed,by the Vesta's current High King,the de facto Planetary Governor.

"In the name of the Emperor and Lord Commander , I Commander Chris of the Kharaa System, shall raise the following forces by 31st March."

3 Comapany Commanders

3 Infantry squads

2 Command Squads

2 Scout Sentinels

2 Leman Russ Conquerors

Basilisks

Valkyrie

The new rules hurts me a bit since a lot of the stuff I was planning where for Heavy Support.  I'm going to mitigate that a bit by putting some of the Heavy weapons teams inside of the infantry squads.

And now for the pictures

First 3 Commanders and 3 infantry squads

V2j4vBb.jpg

2 Command squads.  I need to dig through my bitz to find the flamers for them.  I want to put them in the Valkyrie

VhRVfOi.jpg

2 Sentinels, might added a 3rd before the end

9YUA8AV.jpg

2 Leman russ Conquerors- going to do the same conversion that is show in my army thread.  Those turrets are going to be repainted when the conversion is done.

zvlVHQJ.jpg

1 Basilisks- I'm planing on doing 2, but only one counts here now.

GJjK6Gw.jpg

1 Valyrie- In the box,  I may get a rounf to the Vulture, so I want want to pledge that too, the picture is already here.

gJZmxg4.jpg

Also, as some of you may notice from that photo, I can pledge the Millennium Falcon too if the Emperor would take it  :tongue.:

I managed to get a little painting time this afternoon after work.

So I present my Primaris psyker pledge, fully painted. The face hasn't pictured very well but looks better IRL

wuVAAos.jpg

Vm7sHab.jpg

Tick me off another unit, commissar lord next

Don't forget the PLATOON COMMAND SQUAD, I base sprayed it before assembly.I noticed you left it off on my vow.

Count Tarrant's Forces HavenPDF

behind the RUSS, in the box based tan,is a Command Squad.:thumbsup:

Platoon Command Squad 004

Count Tarrant's Forces & Haven's PDF 006 (640x480)

Count Tarrant's Forces & Haven's PDF 006

Platoon Command Squad 003

Platoon Command Squad 002

Platoon Command Squad 001

Platoon Command Squad and Platoon Commander.

I paint as I assemble,which takes time,but I like the way it turns out.

And so I give you the completed image of Captain Danse with accompanying Lore:

gallery_36568_14038_20309.jpg

Captain Ahrnem Danse is a fine example of a Officer of the New Eden Rifles. Stern and unflappable he commands the 124th Division of the 13th New Eden Rifles, and is widely regarded as one of the most senior officers of the Regiment. Young by the standards of many of the regiments officers he had an incredibly meteoric rise from the ranks following the death of the former Captain of the 124th during the opening days of the campaign on Incipios. A fair but uncomprimising officer he had earned the trust of Colonel Katrin, leader of the 13th, whom saw his take command of the 124th Division.

Like many of the regiments officers Danse is born of the planets original aristrocratic stock, a fact he is all to aware of. Like his colonel, however, he is a strong believer in merit over birthright makes a man or woman a good officer and is quick to put those whom prove themselves under fire in position of authority. That hasn't completely erased the old prejudices, however, and he has been know to be slower to trust those whose blood lines come from the workers or, worse, criminals, of New Eden.

Danse was not part of The Calling, the name given to the random draft that fills the numbers of the New Eden regiments but rather volunteered to serve in the planets PDF before being called into the 13th. Indeed it was his heroic actions during the PDF's actions during the defence of New Eden against the dark eldar raiders that would see him gifted with a relic bolt pistol from the Iron Heralds Astartes that dates back to the Chapter's founding. Tech-priests assigned to the warzone wont touch the weapon, stating dark whispers surround its machine spirit. Danse dismisses such accusations as heresy as a weapon of the Astartes must surely be as pure as the warriors whom wielded it.

Which brings me to my second vow:

I, Brother Argent, vow to add to the ranks of the 13th New Eden Rifles an infantry squad with Flamer by the end date of something something...

Before pics incoming

After Action Report, Prospectus XXXI Campaign

Operating under Sealed Orders, the Imperial forces of the 19th Ventrillian Nobles and 301st Omochi Artillery were commanded to re-take a built up area on Prospectus XXXI, surrounding the badly shell-damaged Cathedral of the Emperor Resplendent. 

19th Ventrillian Order of Battle:

• 3 company commanders (including Lord-Commander Hugenon d'Richt, bearer of the Laurels of Command). 
  • Command Squad (bearing the regimental standard)
  • 6 infantry squads
  • 3 scout sentinels
  • 2 Hellhounds
  • 3 heavy weapon squads
  • 1 tank commander
  • 1 leman russ executioner
  • 1 enginseer
  • 1 Primaris Psyker
  • 1 Astropath

Additional aid provided by the 301st Omochi Artillery: 

• 2 basilisks
  • 1 leman russ
  • 1 infantry squad

Opposition: Recombined elements of Jormungandr and leviathan splinter fleets. Intel was unclear on the exact composition of the enemy force, but suggested that it would likely include far fewer small bioforms than usual, preferencing the larger tyranid types.  

Alert to the fact that one of the enemy's splinter fleets favoured burrowing attacks, commander determined that deploying the infantry, scout sentinels and hellhounds over a wide area, equipped with seismic augurs to detect and head off any assaults of that nature. The armour assets were deployed behind the infantry screen, with the basilisks taking cover behind a residential building in the staging area, on the upper floor of which the majority of the heavy weapon teams set up.

Contact was made with the enemy when a cloud of spores became visible on the right flank. Augurs indicated that the cloud was being produced in by a malanthrope and a carnifex is close proxmimity and likely contained several other large bio-forms. A few termagants were spotted in the ruins to either side of the cloud, and the shadowed form of an extremely large artillery beast (later identified as an exocrine) was seen in a ruined warehouse on the left flank. 

Seizing the initiative, the Ventrillian commander opened his sealed orders from HQ, and commenced the business of throwing the foul Xenos off what had once been a rather nice pleasure world. The Hellhounds sped up the flanks, while the scout sentinels and the infantry redeployed to increase the scope of their seismic augur net. The Omochi artillery and leman russ, conbined with a few ventrillian lascannons, poured fire into the warehouse on the left flank, crippling but failing to kill the Exocrine within, while the Ventrillian russes focussed fire on the approaching cloud, hoping the Emperor would guide their shots. In this, they were successful - the cloud began to thin, revealing the burnt and exploded form of a carnifex, its spore cysts giving their last puffs of smoke. While first blood was to the Imperials, one single carnifex was not going to cut it...

This became even more apparent as the smog-shrouded figures of a second (one-eyed) carnifex, a mass of tyrant guard, and the Swarmlord stepped over body of the fallen seige beast, as the suspected burrowers finally surfaced - a trygon, accompanied by a worryingly large swarm of tyranid warriors pulled themselves from the earth behind the Swarmlord, while a few ripper swarms appeared on the left flank, being small enough to slip past the seismic augurs. One of the herds of termagants moved forward to take up residence in a small outbuilding by the cathedral.

The warriors and toxicrene fired into the imperial lines, although thankfully losses remained within acceptable parameters. Under the swarmlord's gaze, the one-eyed Carnifex barrelled into the Imperials' right flank. With amazing dexterity it sprinted between two shocked infantry squads and rammed head-first into the Ventrillian tank commander, tearing the vehicle to pieces in moments. 

Thinking quickly, the single squad of brave Omochi guardsmen formed a gunline trying to screen the Leman Russ Exterminator that had been park of the tank commander's squadron. The tank charged its guns to maximum and opened on the one-eyed carnifex, obliterating it. The heavy weapon teams attempted to thin the mass of tyrant guard protecting the swarmlord, with only moderate success, as the basilisks performed a counter-barrage on the tyranid bio-artillery, finally slaying the Exocrine, and a previously un-noticed biovore. The infantry on the left flank made short work of the few rippers in their midst, relocated to retrieve vital supplies from a nearby shipping container, and provided supporting fire to the leftmost Hellhound, which was attempting to clear the termagants from the Cathedral outbuilding. As the fire supsided, only one termagant remained alive, its nimble form avoiding all incoming fire for most of the remaining battle. On the right flank, the other hellhound washed down a building full of termagants as it headed towards the burrowers. 

On the left flank, a zoanthrope flew out of the ruins in the Tyranid backline and destroyed the  nearby hellhound with a bolt of witch-lightning, while the right hellhound was charged by a swarm of termagants. Its inferno cannon all but wiped out the scuttling horrors, but this proved to be just a distraction, as they were followed by the massive trygon. Overwhelmed, the valient crew detonated their promethium tanks as a final act of defiance. 

The warriors moved towards the imperial lines along the right side of the cathedral, pouring fire into the hellhounds and heavy weapon teams, still with minimal effect - although when they charged into the infantry screen on the right flank, they made a considerably bloodier impact, slaying two scout sentinels, a squad of ventrillians, their commanding officer, and the primaris psyker who had been struggling against the foul sorcery of the xenos. The Swarmlord and tyrant guard scythed through the Omochi infantry and the Exterminator they had been attempting to screen. This was the beginning of the end for the imperial line's cohesion, as the Malanthrope flew into the building that protected the heavy weapon squads, consuming several guardsment with its feeder tendrils. 

Despite the close-quarters fighting happening mere meters away, the Omochi Baslisks held firm, even as the Swarmlord and his guard closed on their position, opting to take every last second to bombard the xenos, rather than retreat. The majority of the infantry, still intact on the left flank, as well as the Omochi's Leman Russ, turned to fire on the Tyranids.Under Hugenon d'Richt's command, the warriors, tyrant guard and malanthrope died to a torrent of las and bolt fire, but the Swarmlord remained largely unscathed. On the extreme right flank of the battle, a single squad of Ventrillian infantry, cut off by the Tyranids' sudden advance, found themselves in a unique position - presented with a clear path to a Tyranid Warrior Prime, which force's remaining Astropath determined to be the primary link with the Hive Mind. Determined to slay the beast or die trying, they fired apon it, and when this only succeeded in wounding it, fixed bayonets and charged in, hoping to finish it off. Sadly, the unholy creature managed to fend the brave soldiers off long enough for the now-singed Trygon to plow into the melee, slaying the Ventrillians to a man, and allowing the vital Synapse link to escape. 

Wading through an unceasing barrage of infantry and tank fire, the swarmlord destroyed first one basilisk, and then moved onto the second. Only as the monster mounted the artillery tank did its crew finally coax the vehicle into motion, shaking it free despite severe damage to the basilisk's tracks. As the Ventrillians readied for another volley on the now critically injured Swarmlord, the order to retreat arrived from HQ - While the Tyranid force had been decimated, left with only the swarmlord, a zoanthrope, a trygon, and the Warrior Prime, it had achieved too much, taken too much ground, dealt to much damage. While the Ventrillians and Omochi had committed themselves bravely, the day ultimately would belong to the Xenos

(Imperials 13 victory points to Tyranids 15) 

In the name of the Emperor and Lord Commander , I Commander Arganias of the 82nd Elysian "Star Eagles", shall raise an Elysian Infantry Squad, One Tempestor Scions Squad, One Company Commander and a Tempestor Prime by 31st March.

Tempestus Scions

http://i66.tinypic.com/zx5u0j.jpg

Elysian Infantry Squad

http://i66.tinypic.com/25k56de.jpg

Tempestor Prime and Company Officer (forgive his headlessness, have some special heads coming in for my officers)

http://i67.tinypic.com/33ys5ea.jpg

"In the name of the Emperor and Lord Commander , I Commander DevilishImp of the Lorian 17th Regiment, shall raise two Company Commanders by 31st March."

Might as well jump on in myself.  I will take any extra incentive to get my troopers painted and into the fight.  I have been pushing around a mostly gray force on the table for too long now.

8NuVzLj.jpg

"In the name of the Emperor and Lord Commander , I Lionofjudah of the Artemisian 69th Grenadiers, shall complete necessary units to complete op TOE: 1 10 man grenadier infantry squad with armored transport, 3 gun thudd battery with transports, single Medusa heavy mortar with transport, single Trojan recovery vehicle, single Malcador Infernus, 2 griffon mortar carriers, single salamander scout, single Minotaur heavy assault gun by 31st March."

"In the name of the Emperor and Lord Commander , I Commander DevilishImp of the Lorian 17th Regiment, shall raise two Company Commanders by 31st March."

I'm afraid Photobucket doesn't like external links, so your image isn't loading :sad.:

Any chance I could sneak this guy in as a Commissar?

I don't see why not - it is a Commissar model after all :tongue.:

Any chance I could sneak this guy in as a Commissar?

I don't see why not - it is a Commissar model after all :tongue.:

In that case,

"In the name of the Emperor and Lord Commander, I Grotsmasha, of the Baulkney 71st "Desert Rats" Regiment, shall raise 1x Commissar by 31st March."

gallery_48988_14141_494881.png

Your psyker looks great!  Any chance you can tell me your recipe for his blue-grey coat?  

Its two thin coats of Dark Reaper, Nuln wash, then two levels of highlight with white added to the dark reaper. Keeping the coats thin.

In the name of the Emperor and Lord Commander , I Taffster, Commander of the Cadian 211th, shall raise a Battlegroup consisting of: a Company Commander and Command Squad, Two Infantry Squads, 3 Bullgryns, a Sentinel, Chimera and Leman Russ by 31st March. With the addition of a Baneblade!

Grey Plastic:

Glorious is it not?

yEUXBaI.jpg

Update to the above vow + extra :smile.:

In the name of the Emperor and Lord Commander, I Taffster, Commander of the Cadian 211th, shall raise a Baneblade by 31st March."

The additional Baneblade and progress:

It's built and primed, using it for a game this week so decided to give it a face lift (It's the old model so no 'Octoblade' on this one :sad.: )

RI4QU76.jpg

Current Progress:

Magnetisation on the sentinel of course - also making recasts of the weapons to go onto my 3 ~15 year old part metal ones as well.. Command Squad is looking sharp (in grey), magnetised the commanders arms because I like wysiwyg when I play so it gives me options.. Recasting the plasma gun hence the white tac. Baneblade is coming along nicely, some more dry brushing to do on the Hull and then it's onto the metals. C&C appreciated on everything of course :smile.:

vfVhkhh.jpg

E8AxC8p.jpg

iDPIKSu.jpg

3qjUAOF.jpg

x1SkyTE.jpg

Archived