[DW] Blackthorn and Swordhand: OOC Thread

Commissar Molotov

I will hold out for more posts before updating. 

Xin - I think you potentially overestimate Sabaan's abilities - I mean, there might be some Servitors that're undamaged enough to be restored to some level of functionality, but you can't go full Frankenstein - in the main because of the biological components rather than the technological ones. 

With regards to the power weapons, the description seemed to indicate that the weapons were only powered because of some internal connection within the servitor. Without the power connection, they're simply double-handed blades. It would be tricky (though not impossible) for Sabaan to jury-rig a powered blade, but it would be unreliable and liable to lose its powered qualities.

Totally fine with these points. Just checking out the options... with our brothers preparing for total war, I thought I'll the waters first. Blame it on all those "Star Wars players don't blow up bridges..." moments :)

It is certainly more satisfying to crunch the xenos by ourselves. (If Sabaan felt something so fleshy and disdainful). ;)

So, do we waste time stumbling through the ruins and hope to find a salvageable astropath? Or we might try to secure the Spaceport?

Any ideas tracking a brood lord? It's still a pretty big planet....

Akkad will hold the ground floor, if the speedsters want to check the rest out?  SHould be fast with a jump-pack...AT/Steel?

@AT, good shout on that query.

If Sabaan fixes up our ride, hitting the spaceport may be our best option, the Broodlord possibly knows where we are at all times.  Without a massive psychic searchlight, we're not going to find it.  We're going to have to draw it out the old fashioned way.

We still need to gather the PDF, but they're scattered all across the city.  A chimera isn't going to be fast enough to allow us to tip the balance - which is what we're best at - so maybe an aircar, or atmospheric flight vehicle we can literally drop Marines from into hotspots all over.  Even then securing the spaceport may give us access to intelligence gear, augurs, relays, even maybe near/deep space comms.

Plus, secured we can establish a bridgehead if anyone does come.

Thoughts?

MR.

If you would like some unsolicited "outside" advice, I've put mine in the hidden tab below. If not, feel free to ignore. :)

Hidden Content
Like in games, keep the objectives in mind!

If you look at your Primary Objectives, they are:

• Kill the Tyranid beast codified as the 'Broodlord' and end its domination over Syndalla.
  • Locate the city's Astropath and send a message to Imperial forces for reinforcement.

Since you don't know where the Broodlord has gone and, for the moment, have no means to track it let's focus on PO #2. The Tower is right in front of you and you are not certain if there is anyone alive or not. It might be a trap but you need to confirm that information. If an Astropath is somehow still alive you can complete PO #2. That will inform the Imperium of this threat and you might be able to get some help with re-taking the city (which, remember, is a Secondary Objective).

Whether or not you have completed PO #2, to complete PO #1 you need to figure out where the Broodlord might be hiding. Of course, it could be running around the city but it's definitely got a nest/HQ somewhere. There's a few ways you could go about this but my suggestion is to gather intel from the people you saw earlier: if you can find one, a military commander f'rex, they could perhaps point you to where in the city/on the planet the uprising started (it could give you clues as to which area of the city the nest is in). If an Astropath is alive in the Tower they could potentially use their powers to "see" the Broodlord psychically. If not perhaps the Governor has a "court magician" who's a psyker who could help out.

Trying to secure the spaceport because there "might" be some help coming is just wasting time at this stage and you're most likely going to end up split apart and taken down one by one. Once you've slain the Broodlord, your efforts to re-take the city will become much easier and it will be a much more logical endeavour at that stage of the adventure.

That said if you can complete a Secondary or Tertiary Objective while you're completing on of the POs definitely do that! Just don't get too distracted, Astartes!

I kind of agree on a combination of these: unless we are absolutely sure that no one survived, we should see if there are any means of astropathic support we can still get our hands on.

We shouldn't split the team up on errands right now to ensure we have enough team left oncethe push comes

The spaceport is our best option to hole up or set a up temporary base of operations - as Mazer said, there may be some faster means of transportation available. Just holding the port to await any possible reinforcements is surely wasting our time though

Tyber will narrowly dodge a booby-trapped doorway, and the Krak Grenade that was in place. 

EDIT: If you wish to have Akkad grabbing Tyber to stop him or something, that's up to you, might work narratively... 

Edited by Commissar Molotov

Akkad did caution the guys to touch nothing in the manse due to the penchant of scumbags for boobytrapping pianos and keyboards...

How do you want to do it Steel?

@ Mol, how is this Krak grenade rigged up and is a human one or an Astartes one?

MR.

It is a cluster of krak grenades, using the Astartes profile (3D10+4 Pen 6) - attached to a thin tripwire stretched across one of the first doorways of the tower. Since Steel said Tyber was going to charge in, the Akkad defense would perhaps be a way of helping Tyber escape the trap. 

It is a cluster of krak grenades, using the Astartes profile (3D10+4 Pen 6) - attached to a thin tripwire stretched across one of the first doorways of the tower. Since Steel said Tyber was going to charge in, the Akkad defense would perhaps be a way of helping Tyber escape the trap. 

The Akkad Defence.  Are we playing a very dangerous game of Regicide GM, where we are your pawns? :biggrin.:

I was just wondering if the grenades were looted from humans or...someone else...but that's fab.  Will alter my post a little...

What are my numbers to disarm?  A simple cut with a combat knife should work...a simple careful cut...

MR.

Edited by Mazer Rackham

Solastions' mind might not make traitor = servant of chaos but Tyber's does...:whistling:

So now Tyber is looking for signs of members of the fallen legions... could be interesting to see how his mind might twist things at this point to fit his prejudices...

Edit: type-o

Edited by Steel Company