[DW] Blackthorn and Swordhand: OOC Thread

Commissar Molotov

A.T.:

I didn't have time to update the map and we have a hospital appointment tomorrow so I'm not sure that I will but the answer to your question is yes.

Though for me I would like the foam to have distracted Atratus so he can't see what the blue team is doing. Seeing through walls will be useful later but is a narrative hindrance here.

Though for me I would like the foam to have distracted Atratus so he can't see what the blue team is doing. Seeing through walls will be useful later but is a narrative hindrance here.

It's part of the weapon scope, so as soon as Atratus switched weapons and moved forwards he lost the effect anyway - no way for him to see the blue teams action for this round.

Though after everything the blue team has tried so far he's going to take advantage of the low gravity to go in high, lest they start packing crates against the door.

Seems like the red team has spent most of the battle hoping they don't die to some random crossfire / explosive while opening doors :p

@Dos: No worries. Take your time. This is intended to be fun. While I really enjoy the hobby and can get quite worked on it, I think it is even more important not to let it get another grindstone if there is already enough to drag around away from here.

@Mol Good Luck with your appointment and Fingers crossed.

In sharp deviation but slightly related news:

Damn it Jim,I'm a ..err I mean, Slips, ..I happen to be a doctor, not an aerospace engineer.

I still feel the nerd to point out that even with gravity out, I think atmospheric density should still be in effect and thus still affects projectiles (as in drag) and floating foam and boxes are probably quite interesting in also shaping a grenade's trajectory here. ;)

My thought at the moment is that the blue team can't see Atratus and Solastion. It should be Sabaan and Greysight next though.

AFAIK the last rounds actions in order were -

- Solaston - enter squad mode

- Varvost - carry Solaston to the door

- Blue team - set traps and overwatch

- Atratus - skip turn to act with Varvost next turn (as he'd reached the door in the prior turn)

This turn -

- Solaston opens door and calls regroup

- Varvost explodes

- Red team free move, Atratus action

- Blue team

It's all a bit of a mess :\

(and if the blue team get go first and close the door again Atratus is going to instruct the ships captain to teleport them into space :p)

Edited by A.T.

My thought at the moment is that the blue team can't see Atratus and Solastion. It should be Sabaan and Greysight next though.

AFAIK the last rounds actions in order were -

- Solaston - enter squad mode

- Varvost - carry Solaston to the door

- Blue team - set traps and overwatch

- Atratus - skip turn to act with Varvost next turn (as he'd reached the door in the prior turn)

This turn -

- Solaston opens door and calls regroup

- Varvost explodes

- Red team free move, Atratus action

- Blue team

It's all a bit of a mess :\

(and if the blue team get go first and close the door again Atratus is going to instruct the ships captain to teleport them into space :tongue.:)

I wouldn't teleport them, but opening the cargo bay door would work... Mag boots are all well and good, but a few of those containers hitting them, combined with the air being sucked out might over power the magnetic fields that the boots provide...:whistling:

@Steel - you think these Magboots are Walmart own brand? :wink:

Walmart brand, not so much... Just taking into account Mass*Velocity = Force of those cargo containers impacting on an Astarties during a sudden decompression cycle...:wink: The Magboots don't have to totally disengage, but they can be made to slide across the deck with enough force applied to the Astarties...

A.T. - I fully agree that it is a mess, in part because I haven't been able to devote huge amounts of time to the thread and also because I'm trying to push things forward. In the short term I'm going with the approach that if things are cool and enhance the experience for everyone, then by all means do it. I just want things moved on so we can get onto the REALLY cool stuff.