[DW] Blackthorn and Swordhand: OOC Thread

Commissar Molotov

I think I might take you up on the xp reassingment... picking up two weapon fighting melee might be an idea for Tyber....

If you're going to be one of our living blenders, it certainly wouldn't hurt to have!

Seeing how it worked in the test run, I think getting rid of that last -10 to WS...

Its surprising how much 10% affects you in the FFG System Games :p

Hi guys!

I got home late on Sunday. Looks I have some catching up to do, but from what I skimmed on my phone over the weekend, it seems we made quite a nice showing there. I need to catch up on some items at work unfortunately but hopefully will be able to post something and maybe even go over my sheet by mid week.

CM:

With your permission, I would like to trade my Common Lore Astartes and Dodge from Space Marine advance table rank 1 (Page 60 Core rule book), for Dodge +10, Dodge +20 and Two Weapon Wielder Melee off of my chapter advance table of No Respite For The Enemy Advances (table: 1-37, Rights of Battle, page 42). I think these would be very fitting for Tyber, based on his evolving history and fighting style.

Edit:

Also starting to think the armour history I have (lead from the front) doesn't fit very well thematically for Tyber... wish there was one that did...

Edited by Steel Company

I'm unclear - my understanding is that all Deathwatch marines are entitled to upgrades from: 

- Chapter advances

- General Space Marine Advances

- Deathwatch Advances

- Specialty Advances 

What purpose does moving advances from one table to another serve when you haven't got spare XP? 

One table is less expensive than the other, so I can get more bang for my buck so ro speak. When I first spent my xp, I didn't check my chapter table, if I had I could have picked up a skill cheaper there as well as an advance for it for the same cost as what I spent of another table.

I understand now!

My one thing I would say is that your posts and Tyber's thought process seems to be heavily based around the Legions - he mentions them a lot - that it seems a shame to be losing Common Lore Astartes. 

I would offer you this:

Toe to Toe is 200XP 

Dodge +10 is 200 (from your Chapter Table) 

Two Weapon Wielder (Melee) is 400 

Common Lore (Astartes) is 400, but I would offer it to you for 200 due to the cautionary tales told to you by your Chapter. 

I understand now!

My one thing I would say is that your posts and Tyber's thought process seems to be heavily based around the Legions - he mentions them a lot - that it seems a shame to be losing Common Lore Astartes. 

I would offer you this:

Toe to Toe is 200XP 

Common Lore (Astartes) is 400, but I would offer it to you for 200 due to the cautionary tales told to you by your Chapter. 

Now that right there is some fine GM'ing. :yes:

Debating to swap Mighty Shot for Stalwart Defence, but....are we going to be hitting each other again?  :biggrin.:

MR.

Edited by Mazer Rackham

I understand now!

I would offer you this:

Toe to Toe is 200XP

Totally works for me! Thanks CM, I'll make the amendments later, internet is being spotty today.

EDIT:

Internet is working again... the internet service guy Techpriest did a quick fix... left me feeling a little dumb and embarrassed as it was a simple fix I could've done on my own...

Anyways, thanks again CM for working with me on that, I'd made the adjustments.

Edited by Steel Company

Awesome to see some more activity as we wait for Dosjetka's post! 

Please feel free to post some more discussions as we wait - I know I would be interested in seeing some more from Atratus, as for me his personality is perhaps the least defined. 

Glad to hear it! Excited to see what you come up with. I had thought you might do a bit of a debriefing/whatever else you wish to do, before ending the post with getting the kill-team to begin more exercises... allowing me to skip time forward until the end of the warp travel. 

Whatever you do, I will be keen to see it! 

Heading home soon. Once I've recovered from all the hiking/uphill running, melted cheese, and various beverages, I'll start working on my post. :tu:

Looking forward to it Dos.

On a unrelated note, I survived a busy Father's Day.... didn't do anything I really wanted too, but had a good dinner with the in-laws.

Forget father's day! Today is D-Day! (That's Dosjetka Day to you!)

Keen to see what transpires!

Hopefully it goes smoother and more on time than the actual D-Day went...:rolleyes:

At least that's what I've gathered after having talked with my Grandpa when I was younger... (he was at Normandy --Juno Beach, driving a Bren gun Carrier)

Still looking forward to the update from Dos... I was starting to think that maybe CM was going to have us on a purge of the ship as the crew killed him....

Intro text for the training exercise the Kill Team just went through:

Hidden Content

Vaidan could sense the disdain emanating from the Astartes around him: switching their wargear to simulated mode did not go down well after they had chewed through a group of servitors with live ammunition and roaring chain blades. Still, the newly-appointed Watch-Sergeant had little choice considering the limited resources and space they had. He did his best to ignore the scorn and focussed on explaining the exercise parameters to his squad.

+ + +

Locating the small button at the rear of the cranium’s base, the Novamarine activated the servo-skulls held firmly in his hands. Once they had gone through their warm-up protocols, they floated away with some speed. All was ready, bar one last thing. The room was silent, his comrades stood around him in a rough semi-circle as if expecting a few final words.

“Brothers. You may think this is just another training exercise like the ones you have done many times before in your long and glorious lives in the service of the Emperor. And yet your performance over the next few days could determine our victory or defeat in our next mission on Syndalla. Now is the time to prepare your minds and bodies for war, to assess and be assessed, but also to forge unbreakable bonds between yourselves. Show what you are capable of, learn to fight alongside each other, teach yourselves new ways to remove our foes from His sight! Be brothers-in-arms worthy of that name! Fight true and fight well!”

I'd like to include some flashbacks in my second narrative bit but I'm not happy with what I've got so I think I'll just focus on getting the narrative posted and I might go back and improve it later on. As it is, I feel like I've wasted too much time already and have held back the group enough. :confused:

I'd like to include some flashbacks in my second narrative bit but I'm not happy with what I've got so I think I'll just focus on getting the narrative posted and I might go back and improve it later on. As it is, I feel like I've wasted too much time already and have held back the group enough. :confused:

No harm, no foul Dos, looking forward to moving a head in narrative time, more room for character development.:yes:

Can only echo Steel here.

If you need ideas or want to bounce stuff off me/us, I'm/we're here.

MR.

Edited by Mazer Rackham

/// Access Remembrancer Archive/Actors//British/M.002/Brian Blessed ///

/// Maximum Vox..... ///

"Rubbish!"

You haven't held anyone back except Varvost and we had to use dynamite.  I don't care how ugly you think that prose is, get that narrative up or so help me I'll start scraping my stuff down on stone tablets and mailing it to you in pebbles!  :biggrin.: 

(Not as big a leap of imagination actually)  https://www.ancient.eu/image/5037/

If you need ideas or want to bounce stuff off me/us, I'm/we're here.

MR.

I second that with MR, I'm happy to be used for idea bouncing. :yes: