[DW] Blackthorn and Swordhand: OOC Thread

Commissar Molotov

Any ideas on what we should do now with the ship falling apart around us? Locate and sprint to a bay where we take a transport to get down to Syndalla? Or teleportarium?

Well we could do a crash drop in the shuttle or a blind teleport into God knows where.

It's a choice between hot death or cold death.

You're in charge - pick the sin you can live with and give us the order :wink:

PS - Steel, I would like you to know sir, a Jump Pack can support two Astartes, been done in the fluff, although....not from that height.

MR.

So, we strap us on the two jump Packs and drop? :)

That is spooky cinematic. But quite some mileagr out of a piece of equipment that does not even alliow a jinx on the tsbletop ;)

Of course, teleportarium travel is a bit like travelling by Train - you have to set it up Way in advance,,arcane technology prone to failure and misdirection. Easily disturbed by athmospheric conditions. Also hugely expensive and might lead to encounters with things men were not meant to know...

PS - Steel, I would like you to know sir, a Jump Pack can support two Astartes, been done in the fluff, although....not from that height.

MR.

Doesn't need to, just needs to slow us down enough, pulses of max thrust every so often to slow us down from terminal velocity enough so that we don't become meat flavoured soda cans for the Nids when we get down there....

Also CM could use the power of the GM and let that fly... ;)

So, we strap us on the two jump Packs and drop? :)

That is spooky cinematic. But quite some mileagr out of a piece of equipment that does not even alliow a jinx on the tsbletop ;)

Doesn't need to do tight maneuvers, just needs to get us down with out becoming liquid paste in our armour from the g-forces we'd be impacting the ground at.... Edited by Steel Company

I loved the part in "The Force unleashed" where your ship drops from orbit and you use Force Push and Force Speed to survive between the falling debris!

But i am afraid I do not have enough Fate Pointe to cheat that inevitable dice fail. :)

I loved the part in "The Force unleashed" where your ship drops from orbit and you use Force Push and Force Speed to survive between the falling debris!

But i am afraid I do not have enough Fate Pointe to cheat that inevitable dice fail. :)

Well, if we used the jump pack idea, we should be clear of falling debris in short order, as our ship would be continuing on it's course, with the rotation of the planet, while we try for as much as possible for no forward flight thrust, considering the height we would be falling from we should be clear of the blast wave caused by the ship impacting the ground....

Also CM could use the power of the GM and let that fly... :wink:

Yes.  Right into a flying hive tyrant.

Pun intended, I'm coming down on the side of the shuttle drop.  We don't need atmosphere and if we leave the windows open we can shoot and steer.

We only need it for atmospheric re-entry shielding, then the JP's can pull us out.  Worst comes to worst we have a scrap shell we could fix (possibly) as we don't know when pick-up is coming or if any atmo-potential craft are on the surface.

OTOH it could just turn into a rather grisly game of ker-plunk.

MR.

Edited by Mazer Rackham

A hanger with some kind of shuttle....

As per:

There is a moment of static-laden silence before Ryken speaks again.

++I will meet you at the tertiary starboard hangar.++ An orange location-rune pings on the flank of the Voice of Thunder, a location not far from where you currently are.

Hi all, 

Today is the end of the term and the start of my summer holidays! Which is great, although it does mean my availability to post will be reduced somewhat as I have to look after my fiancee. And there's the small matter of getting married in three weeks! I can guarantee two days a week of availability, although the rest will be a little scattered. Please bear with, as I will be doing everything I can to keep the pace and excitement up! 

Hi all, 

Today is the end of the term and the start of my summer holidays! Which is great, although it does mean my availability to post will be reduced somewhat as I have to look after my fiancee. And there's the small matter of getting married in three weeks! I can guarantee two days a week of availability, although the rest will be a little scattered. Please bear with, as I will be doing everything I can to keep the pace and excitement up! 

No problem CM, I think we all understand. have agood wedding by the way. I think I speak for all of us when I say, that we wish you and your lady well.

Hi all, 

No problem CM, I think we all understand. have agood wedding by the way. I think I speak for all of us when I say, that we wish you and your lady well.

Seconded.  Hope you both have a wonderful day!

MR.

Well, ok, looks like my "Surf the vessels flaming wreckage onto the planet and bail before a kilometers-long radius explosion nukes everything back to the cretaceous period whilst we jump off and superhero pose and land unscathed"

So, in light of that, we might as well attempt to land or perform re-entry amidst the flaming wreckage of the vessel as, it too, performs re-entry and starts raining down onto the planet/cities below.

Why?

To better mask our approach of course! Space Marines who are believed dead are waaaay worse than Space Marines you know are coming to murder you.

I am both honoured and humbled by your trust in Sabaan's abilities - but isn't Pilot (Aeronautica) a Tier III skill?!

I think so, about the only way I know for one of us to have the skill, that would be needed for fancy flying, is via a background maybe.... but out of all of us, I think Sabaan has the best chance as modern autopilots can land an aircraft. So in theory the Machine Spirit of the craft should be able greatly assist in the basics of re-entry (30 degree nose up pitch), guide us through a very basic glide to the ground and finally lead us to a basic rolling (landing gear) stop on the ground.

Edited by Steel Company