[DW] Blackthorn and Swordhand: OOC Thread

Commissar Molotov

I get the feeling that if it's Greysight it wouldn't be a whole team thing, likely just a moment of personal contemplation - which is cool in itself. 

I spoke to Reyner and he has agreed to take on the role of Vaidan, which is really exciting! I know he's been a long time supporter of ours! 

I get the feeling that if it's Greysight it wouldn't be a whole team thing, likely just a moment of personal contemplation - which is cool in itself. 

I spoke to Reyner and he has agreed to take on the role of Vaidan, which is really exciting! I know he's been a long time supporter of ours! 

No bad thing, Nine does introspection quite well ;)

Welcome aboard Reyner - I look forward to seeing your sanity reeling as it attempts to herd a winged ninja, a warrior-monk, a bloodthirsty axeman, a giant Marine with a razor blade ten feet long (possibly a Cloud cosplayer - watch this space ;p ), a hate-filled combat socket-wrench,  a frenzy-inducing Sawbones, the Heavy from Team Fortress 2 and a psychic busybody from the Inquisition into any semblance of coherent action. :)

We already drove one Sergeant to distraction!

Good luck!

MR.

Nice MR... only nit-pick is Tyber's Arming sword isn't that big, it's about five feet (1.5m) from tip to pommel... (a human sized one would be about three feet [about 1m] from tip to pommel)

aa_custxx_a_s.jpg

That's more in line with what he uses, not some silly oversized monstrosity. :wink:

Enough grip area to go two handed or one, just going one handed puts it a little out of perfect balance... hence the Chain-sword for parry work.... until he can get a power sword (or two):whistling:

Steel, 

Don't start me on medieval weapons either - I have a hand-and-a-half like the one you posted and a renaissance style, steel haft, flanged mace, plus a cheapo arming sword.

All you need to do now is acknowledge the FN FAL is the best weapon in the world and I'll adopt you.

Off Topic closed - apologies to all.

I should have taken a Chainsword for Akkad, one of my "d'oh" moments, but I wanted to play "standard gear" with him.

MR.

I'll admit that the FAL is a good weapon, but I still prefer a good reliable M230....:wink:

Back on topic lest we draw the ire of CM, neither are a good match against a bolter though!

I also liked taking the personal challenge of running basic gear on Tyber, not that there was much I could get for him to make his job easier....:whistling:

Go for it duder with regards to Sol

Appreciate that Slips, will work something up before too long, then when we find the Wolf we'll do our thing.

In other news, with the player change, I'd like to thank Dos for his contributions thus far, he's given us all things to think about and poked us in the directions our characters didn't quite expect to go.

I hope you drop in on us in future Dos, it's been great to play alongside you at long last!  And, you never know, we may need a Black Templar to put a sword through something - or maybe a villainous opponent in the GSC!  :D

Ad Victoriam Reclusiarch. ;)

MR.

Well that was unexpected get the chance to join in and I'm the chuffing squad leader!

I like the idea of the fast movers getting to the Astropath tower and the rest of the team using the Chimera to reach the spaceport and secure/eliminate the AA guns (you would trust the PDF to hold them long enough for air support to not get blown out of the sky? :P).

Before we do that it could be worth checking out the shuttle and see if its computer can tell us anything about where we lost Thorvald and where the AA fire came from. Could be more than 1 site potentially and we wouldn't want to find that out later - so first check the shuttle, service for Thorvald then split up and get rocking.

I'm on mobile at the minute and might have missed it but are we leaving Ryken at the Templum? He could be a semi decent backup if you get to the Astropath tower and find that they're all dead or do some witchery to pin down where the Inquisitor is.

Edited by Reyner

As a note - the Spaceport is not within the city itself. If you look at the map, the bridge going diagonally south-east leads to the Spaceport. A character heading to the spaceport is going to be sidelined for a very long time. With regards to Ryken, you can ask him to do what you wish. His preference is going to be to go and see the Governor.

Ah balls from all the chatter about it I thought it was closer. Seeing the Governor might be a good idea especially if he has some semblance of a command network for the PDF that we could organise them with. The Governor might even have remote control to the AA defences - governors are paranoid self serving types so I imagine he would have something to cover his own arse if he wanted to make a getaway. 

Squad what do you think? Governor instead of spaceport? I really like the idea of letting our snipers go Broodlord/Big nasty hunting but are two marines enough to take on a Broordlord? I thought they would be pretty hardcore in Deathwatch since they are pretty mental in regular 40k games. 

Broodlords are monsters. Unless the GM adapts the stats according to what's arrayed against it, I'd recommend against sending only 1-2 Marines to their certain demise.

Yeah that is what I thought haha :biggrin.:

My money would be on finding the governor/inquisitor first, and also find the astropath and see if we can get a distress signal. The only other thing I suggest is 1-2 of us track the broodlord but don't actually engage. Mission parameter would be to plant a location beacon for all Imperial forces to convene to when the time is right. I would also look into seeing what Adeptus Mechanicus support is still in the area as their heavy firepower will be of great use.

Sounds good and pretty sensible, betting that the AdMech will be in the Metallica and Fabrica districts but we could maybe twist the Governors arm about them or go snoop around ourselves after. I'll give the others a bit of time in case they want to chip in but I'll make my post in the main thread today.