[DW] Blackthorn and Swordhand: OOC Thread

Commissar Molotov

Thanks for the complement MR, I try... often I'm not sure if I'm happy with it or if I feel it is up to snuff so to speak... then I remember the writings of the more questionable character fluff and codices that have be written by the GW staff and I start to feel better about my work.:biggrin.:

I like my protagonists to be flawed, it makes them feel more real and probable, I guess.... I hate Marry Sue's that make everyone else redundant.

That being said MR, your last post, left me wanting to write something down to follow it, I hope it's up to snuff.

Thanks for the complement MR, I try... often I'm not sure if I'm happy with it or if I feel it is up to snuff so to speak... then I remember the writings of the more questionable character fluff and codices that have be written by the GW staff and I start to feel better about my work.:biggrin.:

I like my protagonists to be flawed, it makes them feel more real and probable, I guess.... I hate Marry Sue's that make everyone else redundant.

That being said MR, your last post, left me wanting to write something down to follow it, I hope it's up to snuff.

I'm glad that you were inspired to, it's one of the things I like about this whole thing, we bounce off each other and each piece spirals and inspires into the next.

I enjoyed the nuance of Tyber reliving the moment of pulling his arming sword free - very nice touch Steel.

Hope my latest post proves as insipring ;)

MR.

It does MR, just have to start crafting it in my head first. It is going to interesting to try and explore guilt in the mind of an Astartes, even for a short bit, Tyber feels bad for doing what he did, being told it was the right thing to do by Solastion didn't help matters...

Thanks MR, I was trying to drive on the distrust between the Dragons and the servants of the Imperial Cult.... they really hate the idea of the Sisters of Battle in power armour and using bolt guns, they see it as the Church doing it as an insult to the Astartes for their actions during the reign of blood.

Mazer, it might help to give Reyner a bit of guidance here!

I will certainly try!

Reyner:

Speaking as to format, I'd like to run this as a conversation IC with the thoughts and background being written by each person directly as opposed to integrating the way we have done with Tyber or Sabaan or Greysight recently for example.  You post, then I reply etc, that way we get a more natural conversation and your agency remains with you.

Narratively speaking, it would be fair to say that Akkad has provoked Vaidan to think his orders are not being obeyed and Vaidan has already chewed Tyber out for that.  Akkad is now inviting him to do the same, but he has concerns too.  Essentially Akkad wants to resolve it, hence the private chat.

If you like we can discuss it more via PM, just tell me what you think, we can write some things up and lay them on our fellow players.  Just tell me what you need, where you'd like to go, what you want to know. :thumbsup:

I hope that's somewhere to start.

Reyner and MR, I am so looking forward to reading how this plays out.:yes:

It is a private conversation Steel...might have to spoiler it...:wink:

MR.

Reyner and MR, I am so looking forward to reading how this plays out.:yes:

It is a private conversation Steel...might have to spoiler it...:wink:

MR.

http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/vader.jpg

To add with what MR was saying about some of the integration that has gone on with some of the other posts, is that we have all gotten a feel for how each of us write our characters and will only do a little bit of borrowing of each other agency from time to time, knowing that we are not going to well and truly force something on the other that would be out of character... at least I think so?

Edited by Steel Company

http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/vader.jpg

To add with what MR was saying about some of the integration that has gone on with some of the other posts, is that we have all gotten a feel for how each of us write our characters and will only do a little bit of borrowing of each other agency from time to time, knowing that we are not going to well and truly force something on the other that would be out of character... at least I think so?

Pretty much - BTW, this is the best reaction to a comment I've ever had :smile.:  Chuffed!

Mazer - which order of Vaidan's has Akkad (apparently) not obeyed? This is part of Reyner picking up the reins from Dos and so it makes sense to make it as clear as possible.

Of course, I agree GM.

I didn't want to clog up the thread with it, since everyone else is already familiar and I was posting late (GMT) - I have prepared a nutshells version of events which will bring our new Sergeant up to speed, don't worry.

I am away from my home PC at the moment, so will make sure Reyner has his feet well and truly in the door by this evening - if that is acceptable to everyone?  I'm not trying to be awkward and I do want to move this on, but like everyone else, I have stuff in the way.

The other lads are welcome to stick something down though, :wink:  or I can do a Sabaan post to pace things out until I get home.  Up to you chaps.

MR.

Edited by Mazer Rackham

As promised.

Nutshells:

Vaidan, selflessly, leapt into a melee between Armsmen of the Voice of Thunder and a horde of Gaunts. He saved a single arms-woman during the battle of the dorsal spine. Both Tyber and Akkad praised her for her courage and wanted her to tag along. There was a lot of tension in the squad as to whether this was right to do, with Sabaan saying she was a meatbag and wanting to just blow her head off.  The other two wanted her to act as a "bodyguard" for the interrogator and blow his head off if he got sketchy.

Vaidan vetoed her coming with us and turned her loose, basically passing the edict not to collect "underlings". Whilst fighting to get clear of the warship, Vaidan, from his earlier heroism is sorely wounded and Akkad fights for his defence, to protect him. They make it to the shuttle by blowing lots of heads off.

Later, whilst Vaidan was being healed by Solastion, who talked at him to get well, Akkad followed an SOS from the Interrogator, Ryken, and found him fighting alongside a group of Armsmen, containing the same woman (dun-dun-dun). Akkad's motive for going was to take care of what he saw as a problem, a single shot in the dark so to speak, removing the interrogator permanently by blowing off his head...but he was followed by Greysight at a distance, who interrupted before the murder could be perpetrated.

The group of Armsmen were protecting the interrogator and Akkad and Greysight used them as a living bodyguard, t'was but happenstance that the woman called Faith was with them. They managed to get a few of them, including the woman back to the escape shuttle.  Feeling the spirit of his orders were being disobeyed, that Akkad had come back with the *same* woman - and that the mission was being put into jeopardy by excess baggage he said not to take, Vaidan becomes angry and chooses to give both warriors a bit of a scolding grimace. He later takes Tyber to one side and goes on about mission parameters, endangerment, slowing Blackthorn down etc. Tyber's a good lad, so chooses to just go with it.

On the way down, the shuttle gets shot to bits, lots of Armsmen get sucked out, Akkad hands the woman to Tyber for evac, Vaidan tells Tyber to axe her, she's dead weight. The Interrogator nearly gets sucked out, but Thorvald grabs him, then falls out himself, Tyber obeys orders and wrenches her head off. Akkad finds out about the chastising and the order, where you can see that they resolve this a few posts ago. Akkad now wants to confront Vaidan to clear the air and hear what Vaidan has to say to him about it and give his own perspective.

Further takes:

Akkad has also played a lot of Kingmaker with Vaidan, feeling that as heavy gunner he should not be the leader for the mission and, that Vaidan was a more neutral choice to Varvost, or someone else not more open to listening to him. A big part of why Akkad is here is that he has been politically betrayed and he is trying to keep a position stable, through insight and example. The two, Vaidan, who once held position as a Demi-Squad leader and Akkad, a former Veteran Sergeant had a good rapport, easily identifying the other as a potential ally. In these episodes Akkad does not feel he has gone against Vaidan, but also is surprised Vaidan cannot see that.  Now they are alone, Akkad has concerns about his new Sergeant and feels slighted enough that he drops his characteristic honourific of "My" when talking to him.  This also stems from not so little pride - Akkad was a Vet, a senior officer of his own chapter and is unused to be second-guessed.  I don't really want to go into what Akkad is likely to say here as it will spoil it, but we can work that out in PM if you like Reyner :smile.:

Hope this assists?  GM, does that suit?

(Yes everyone, you can read the spoilers....just a recap of our adventures ;) - This means you too, Steel).

MR.

Edited by Mazer Rackham