[DW] Blackthorn and Swordhand: OOC Thread

Commissar Molotov

Hi all, the next few weeks are likely to be rather up in the air. My wife 's surgery is tomorrow and I have the next two weeks off looking after her. I fully anticipate there being times when she's asleep and I can update, but nothing os certain at this time. I will target an update either tonight or tomorrow during the day, but no guarantees!

Mazer: As nobody has mentioned him, and he would likely have taken an active role in the discussions with the governor, I thibk we have to assume he remained at the Templum. We can handwave it to say he is trying to coordinate the PDF, or that he is following some intelligence as to the location of Inquisitrix Lythea. I can reunite the Kill-Team with Ryken at a more opportune time...

Firstly - best wishes for you and Mrs Mol, I hope everything goes well and she has a good recovery.  With such a mastermind as you looking after her, she will be in good hands :)

On the Ryken issue - *taps side of nose* you sneaky ole GM you - but agreed, best way I think.

MR.

I think, considering the things you and your wife have on your plate up to this point, it is amazing how much you (and the team) have progressed this thread. I have little doubt, that we will be able to keep this up even if it slows down a bit. Two weeks complete server down didn't slow our enthusiasm, after all.

So, take your time and best wishes for your wife and you!

We will keep the Emperor 's light on over here.

(I think there are some placeholders I still have to fill...might as well use the time.)

Sounds good Xin,

Since we may be in a holding pattern, Slips, AT, Reyner, what about some background posts for your lads from whenever?  I could maybe do a collaborative one with someone - maybe Nine with Varvost?

Ideas?

MR.

Hi guys, still waiting to hear how things are with my wife. So have some genestealers instead! 

The blue dot is the planetary governor, running away. 

The first thing for players to consider is whether you might wish to spend a fate point to have rolled an automatic 10 on your initiative! 

Sorry for not being clear. 1 square is 5 metres.

Also, just to mention that in general, checking your fire so as to avoid civilians will impose at least a -20 to your roll. Should you choose to fire through the civilians, such a modifier will no longer apply.

Hey MR, is Akkad going to do controlled bursts, being careful not to let any shots go wide or is he going to throw caution to the wind and let the bolts fly?

My original concept for Tyber would be the type to not worry about the humans, we can always get more humans after all.... the current version would be more interested in testing his skill against them in CQB....

Game over,man. Game over!.... Just kidding. Let ' em have it, brothers!

Sabaan will not be taking a lot of restraint towards some squishy meatbags ;)

But I since The lucky Seven is the closest target currently, they are getting off easy thus round

Do consider the roleplay aspect here - will you look to Vaidan for orders, or press on regardless? Will you callously gun down the civilians, or attempt to preserve the lives of the nobility? Who will be the first to do so? What do each of you make of the others' actions? This is hardly an orthodox tactical situation for an Astartes warrior, but service in the Deathwatch leads to strange ends...

Like I said CM, the tactical marine version of Tyber would've opened fire, not caring about the humans, with dual bolters in semi-auto fire... as I said, we can always find more to replace them...

The real issue will be Akkad, heavy bolters don't have a single shot mode, so high chance of clipping a mortal with it, even with careful fire... all it takes is one GS to dodge the burst then we get some pink mist.

Hey MR, is Akkad going to do controlled bursts, being careful not to let any shots go wide or is he going to throw caution to the wind and let the bolts fly?

My original concept for Tyber would be the type to not worry about the humans, we can always get more humans after all.... the current version would be more interested in testing his skill against them in CQB....

Humans must die so that humanity may live.  He *is* an Astral Claw after all!  Interrupt///error//protocols - Meatbags//bzzr brrz.

(Where'd that come from ;) ?)

We'll see!

Do consider the roleplay aspect here - will you look to Vaidan for orders, or press on regardless? Will you callously gun down the civilians, or attempt to preserve the lives of the nobility? Who will be the first to do so? What do each of you make of the others' actions? This is hardly an orthodox tactical situation for an Astartes warrior, but service in the Deathwatch leads to strange ends...

Well I was going to do a bit of roleplaying, but it seems like I'm always the first to ham it up.  I appreciate the clarification on map distance etc GM, cheers.

PS. I noticed none of them are within 2 metres.  Clever.

Ah stuff it...

MR.