[DW] Blackthorn and Swordhand: OOC Thread

Commissar Molotov

I will be attempting to fix things a little over the weekend. To fill in everybody regarding narrative:

- FINISH SCENE FOR SWORDHAND

- TRANSITION TO BLACKTHORN

--- State of Beregar City

--- Council of War (Governor Vortis, Captain Desiato, Captain Locke, General Wrex, Interrogator Ryken)

--- Governor Vortis speaks to Blackthorn

- ARRIVAL OF SWORDHAND

--- The Kill-Teams meet

My last post with the spoiler tags has what I have at the moment in terms of trying to smooth the narrative regarding what Blackthorn have been doing for 15 days.

Edited by Commissar Molotov

I will be attempting to fix things a little over the weekend. To fill in everybody regarding narrative:

--- Council of War (Governor Vortis, Captain Desiato, Captain Locke, General WREX)

Best. General.  Ever.

Shepard.

MR.

Edited by Mazer Rackham

Forbidden Lore is an INT skill. So you'd be aiming for a 49 or less. (I'm not sure you've spent your whole 5000xp? Are you aiming for some characteristic increases?)

Ah, sorry – could have sworn I had filled that out. I've gone back in, but in short I've basically gone for a smorgasboard of simple characteristic increases. Do I need to add these to the character sheet? I couldn't see from the Index Xenomortis what these increases do.

Regarding the roll, is it okay to use an online die roller? If so, then I've got off to an auspiciously impressive fail with an 89(!) I'm assuming Yeng is feeling very tired :biggrin.:

Apologist: Not quite sure I get what you mean with "I’d like to get more of a feel for what Vorr and Ghent in particular are ‘about’ [...]". Care to elaborate, please? :smile.:

I basically mean that I'm looking to see how Ghent and Vorr's personalities emerge in-game – what they do, how they react; whether they get along with or rub up against other members of the team. It's the sort of thing that I guess will develop as the game goes on.

I hasten to add I'm no roleplay expert, but all of the characters seem cool – I want to know more about them! The best way I can think of is seeing how they act out of combat. Since we've got a few 'spare days' while Mol's away and the ship is en route, I'd like to see what Ghent (and the others) does now – does he wait to be dismissed? Does he leave to be alone? Does he throw himself into preparation, or seek to talk to other members of the squad?

Edited by Apologist

Regarding the roll, is it okay to use an online die roller? If so, then I've got off to an auspiciously impressive fail with an 89(!) I'm assuming Yeng is feeling very tired :biggrin.:

A lot of guys use online rollers - I don't think there will be a problem - as for bad luck?

I rolled 99 for one of my shots, got a re-roll and promptly rolled 100.

So I think you're going to be in great company Apologist.  :biggrin.:

Can't wait to see what kind of marines we have here coming to "rescue" us ;)

MR.

A lot of guys use online rollers - I don't think there will be a problem - as for bad luck?

I rolled 99 for one of my shots, got a re-roll and promptly rolled 100.

It's become a bit of a running joke that Candace doesn't like her current backpack supply... Tyber is already planning on requisitioning a belt or two of HB ammo next mission...:tongue.: 

It's become a bit of a running joke that Candace doesn't like her current backpack supply... Tyber is already planning on requisitioning a belt or two of HB ammo next mission...:tongue.:

This would be funny if not so painfully true...:wink:

Although Steel, am planning a faustian bargain involving Xin, Mol, guns and Ammo boxes as opposed to backpack supplies....

MR.

This would be funny if not so painfully true...:wink:

Although Steel, am planning a faustian bargain involving Xin, Mol, guns and Ammo boxes as opposed to backpack supplies....

MR.

Or we could see about getting Akkad a weapon with the reliable quality... Like an Autocannon....:laugh.: 

I flip-flopped a couple of times but I believe this is the best way to preserve both narrative integrity and forward momentum. Blackthorn players, feel free to reflect on the death of the Broodlord, the three weeks of action against the cult, etc. You're staying in the Governor's manse and have a suite of rooms given over to your use. This is likely where Vaidan is being kept and looked after, along with whatever makeshift armoury you've set up.

Xin: I have taken care of it.

Steel: No sign. You were unable to range far from the city. There has been no sign of Thorvald's body whatsoever.

Slips: Absolutely fine, feel free to respond to the tiresome bureaucrat and give the squad their orders.

Thank you! If it isn't too much trouble, can spoil or PM the general outcome of Sabaan's action to me? I do not need the actual numbers - a general heads up would suffice (e.g, Week One went smoothly, week two task was really an effort ). That way I could cook up some narrative ahead for the posts on the War Council.

And maybe requisition an ammo trolley for Cadence and a servitor to push it.

It's designation will be 01001101 01100001 01110010 01110100 01101001 01101110

;)

Oh nothing too terrible - just say, the fusing of a heavy flamer/flamer with cadence to produce the unholy amalgam of the first Infernus Pattern Deathwatch Heavy Bolter ever made...I was going to take Trade:Armourer, but Xin grabbed it, so the idea kind of left me, but now...to cut down on the weight, we could feed Cadence only from boxes, the integration meaning the mechanism will have to be altered so no longer belt feed.  However, this also means I could carry hoppers of regular and special ammo and change them out on a Reload - OR - we keep the belt and I buy spec ammo and just tell Mol where the rounds are in the belt.

I was going to use Sig Wargear Master to do this, buying a heavy/flamer as the upgrade, and increase to exceptional quality, I was willing to sacrifice the +10 BS for the unholy amalgamation, but keep the Reliable quality...maybe even sacrifice the +1 Damage as well.

MR.

Edited by Mazer Rackham

I shall possibly play to Sabaan's pride in Iron.

"Say what now brother?  Well the Imperial Fists can make a microwave oven out of a Plasma Pistol and a frag grenade.  Are you saying the Iron Hands cannot forge a wepaon of divine purgation of the hated enemy, whose only purpose is to be blown to bits and made crunchy at the same time?"

"It's not a big ask my Savant.  Really.  Well, of course I understand if you can't do it...not your fault old son.  I'll ask one of the guys in the machine shop to do it.  You know, that Martin guy you want to turn into a servitor, that doesn't know a hex nut from a jam sandwich..."

MR.