[DW] Blackthorn and Swordhand: OOC Thread

Commissar Molotov

Be careful what you wish for....it starts with flamers and duct tape, then pimping an oversized knife..... and before you know it, it's raining weaponized moons...

I'd stop at two kilometer long asteroids and a liner accelerator fitted to a strike cruiser...:ph34r:

Oh Ye of little faith! I say: Go big or go Home! :)

I kind of like the idea that the reason only the Deathwatch is using that Heavy Bolter / Flamer monstrosity is because it's the brainchild of an exiled Astral Claw and an Iron Hand on probation in the first place.

Actually, we might argue that the idea is born before Swordhand arrives from the thought of it being a force multiplier by giving our Devastator more options since we are down a brother.

Given that Sabaan probably sees it as a personal failure that He was unable to relieve Vaidan against the Broodlord, it might seem as a kind of penance and avenging their Watch-Sergeant by using their brother's Flamer as a starting point...

The Vaidan Pattern.

Though I am not sure a meager first rank Armourer Skill can pul that off.....

Working on updating my PH post.

Oh, and Mol, Solastions XP expenditures are as such:

Initial 1k:

500 Sanguinary Priest

400 Frenzy 

100 Banked

Initial 2k:

200 Simple Int

400 Battle Rage

500 Inter. Int

200 Simple Per

500 Inter. Per

300 Command

Subsequent 2k:

600 Berserk Charge

500 Signature Wargear (Jump Pack)

600 Furious Assault

100 Pilot (personal) [per errata]

200 Acrobatics

Total: should be 5k

Edited by Slips

Oh Ye of little faith! I say: Go big or go Home! :smile.:

Though I am not sure a meager first rank Armourer Skill can pul that off.....

Are these sentences in the same breath?! :blush.:  Where is your pioneering spirit Xin, just a bit of cut and paste is all...

And riveting and glueing and welding and not exploding.  Depending on skill checks and if the another Techmarine was about *cough* Teralil *cough*

Simple!  Although not sure on the Vaidan pattern - perhaps the Azurea or Taurelia/Swordpoint Pattern?

MR.

>cue a flashforward to the reveal of the first Infernus Heavy Bolter

>Everyone is gathered and awaits the grand reveal with baited breath

>Sabaan unceremoniously yanks the cloth covering the weapon

>everyone gasps in awe as the master-crafted weapon is finally unleashed upon the galaxy

Queue a perspective shift and all of us are going "wait, what?" as we look upon a weapon held together by duct tape, super glue and plastic tie wraps.

Personally I like the Akkad pattern, it would immortalize him. :wink:

He needs immortalising, especially if Tyber is getting a huge statue! :biggrin.:

>cue a flashforward to the reveal of the first Infernus Heavy Bolter

>Everyone is gathered and awaits the grand reveal with baited breath

>Sabaan unceremoniously yanks the cloth covering the weapon

>everyone gasps in awe as the master-crafted weapon is finally unleashed upon the galaxy

Queue a perspective shift and all of us are going "wait, what?" as we look upon a weapon held together by duct tape, super glue and plastic tie wraps.

You forgot the targeter held on with blu-tac.

Also: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/353945-executed-for-heresy-question/?p=5258840

:unsure.:

MR.

Never was Dos, it's been clear several times, he sees them as useful tools to be used and expended as needed... it was something that really irritated him about Vaidan, that the Sargent seemed like he couldn't see how useful a pack of armsmen could be expended at a later time and for a better use than being uselessly spent in a hall way on a ship that was coming apart.:wink:

:tu:

Hes the sole survivor of a Genestealer Infested Space Hulk incursion that saw his chapter lose a few TDA suits and a lot of geneseed (since he couldnt carry it all), he aint got no time for mortals he essentially has the dispensation to summarily execute's whining :P