[DW] Blackthorn and Swordhand: OOC Thread

Commissar Molotov

Hey all, holding off reading the main thread until I get back as a treat! Loving New York and today is our anniversary! Hope all is well with you all and see you soon! Edited by Commissar Molotov

Appreciated!

Quick question:

Does the Augur / Optics offer anything regarding the disposition of the people inside ? It hints at explosives?

Would there be a way to access the Machine Spirit from the outside?

Since Sabaan would know of the Raptor's optic and Atratus would know of the Iron Hand's Machinecraft, perhaps a little teamwork may be in order?

Maybe you could formulate a Deliberate Assault Plan as GSG9 put it.

;)

MR.

Excellent quality posts as usual everyone. :thumbsup:

Apologist, all you'll need is a Medicae test to see how many wounds you put back on Tyber, don't worry if you fail - it's not going to kill him, it will just represent the pesky xeno life-form adapting to your ministrations.

Slips (that top fellow) has given a run down of the medical crunch, but for the sake of simplicity, please edit your IC post with a D100 roll against your Intelligence Stat and add a bonus of +20 for your medical equipment.  Thanks.

MR.

Brill; roll made and edited into the post. I rolled badly – got a 73 – and spent a Fate Point to reroll it to 23 (Gatebreakers have their pride, after all). If I can't reroll with a Fate Point, I presume the original roll stands.

That's absolutely fine Apologist - a Fate point may be used to re-roll any test. :wink:

For future reference you may also invoke your Demeanour which can be for your Chapter (Hardheaded) or Personal (Circumspect) and if you RP it well, you gain the effects of a Free Fate Point, although this can only be invoked once per encounter.

Because you're not up on the crunch (who is!?) and your recent post where you minister to Tyber, I shall count it as though you chose your Personal Demeanour and were extra cautious in your application of counter-parasite agents, so this will not use a Fate point from your pool.

I will update The Lictor Fight shortly with all the effects.

MR.

Bah!  Knew I'd missed something!

Changed the order.

MR.

No worries, if the dice rolls of my post im writing up now are anything to go by, the situation will probably be the same but with Solastion in Varvosts place instead.

I have this vision of the Crimelord wiping two bodies off the window.

"Damn, those mosquitoes were big!"

MR.

I mean, yeah, Solastion kinda hits hard enough to pulverise regular humans and, in this moment, might actually have done so.

I shall adjust accordingly.  I suspect Varvost may still eating wall.

The Pilot Test was because you flew a Rockrete tower window the size of a human torso - so yes.  Redecorating will be needed...

EDIT:  Replaced

MR.

Edited by Mazer Rackham

What I've cobbled together so far for Tyber's next post, just for on the off chance I don't get to post it while I'm away...

In his state of near total shutdown, his mind took him places, places and memories he had not thought of in decades. The sound of the grass blowing gently in the distance sounded to him like the waters of the Bay, so much so that his mind took him to the day his father had finally taken him with him on a fishing expedition, he was finally big enough to paddle with his father and his fishing partner. It had taken most of the morning to reach the fishing grounds, placing his paddle down, he felt his father’s hand on his shoulder, a with a soft rolling rumble that was his tone he spoke to Tyber, “Ahi, stay in the hull of the waka, you’re not a strong swimmer yet, me and Kaha will handle getting in the water with the spears.”

Tyber sat in the hull, watching as his father and Kaha dove into the water, every so often a large fish would be tossed up onto the platform that was supported by the hull and the out rigger. He had no real idea of how long he’d been sitting, watching the rising and falling of the horizon, the only thing he knew forsure was that the dark clouds on the horizon were getting closer. Storms were rare in this area, but they did come during the rainy season, but that should still be weeks away.

Lying on his back looking up at the sky, he blinked as the first water droplet hit his cheek, blinking a couple of times; he heard it, the howl of the wind picking up. Sitting up right he looked into the water, not seeing either his father of Kaha, he knew that he needed to get the sail down, less the Waka be pushed away from the fishing grounds. Hulling himself on the platform, his small six year old body had to jump to reach the rope to bring in the sail, pulling with all his might on the rope in time with the wind the lower part of the mast came around, hitting him in the chest hard enough to send him in to the water, the wind knocked out of him. Down he sank below the waves, deeper and deeper, the pressure on his chest grew and grew the deeper he sank, he couldn’t breathe. The only thing he could think to do was thrash about, but nothing was working, the pressure grew more, squeezing the air from his lungs as the world turned black on him.

He felt only pressure on his chest, no pain, he could hear a soft beeping in the distance and could feel a bright light shining down on him, the beeping was interrupted by words that he couldn’t make out; an impossibly deep voice spoke in response to one that had to have been his mother’s voice. He wanted to cough, he couldn’t help it, he needed to sit up, but the pressure on his chest was holding him down, he thrashed around, gripping something cooler than the air he felt on his skin. Opening his eyes he looked at it, he knew what it was, one of the Lords was here, their arm was white, following it up he saw the twisting symbol on the shoulder guard, moving his eyes to the head, he knew this Lord, he had seen him every year for as long as he could remember, hoarsely he whispered out “Lord Artemis.”

Artemis, smiled, his features youthful for an Astartes of his years, he liked these trips out to the Bay, it had become his area, “I told you Ahi would be fine, he is strong.” He said in his deep voice, his smile became a grin, “He’s got a destiny before him.”

+++

Tyber felt the rush of chemicals through his body, the powerful mix of combat stimulants and pain suppressants pumping in through him, he was drawing closer and closer to being fully aware of what was going on he thrashed about violently, like breaking through the surface of the water, his world still fuzzy he spoke out hoarsely, “Artemis, that is two I owe you.”

He gripped the forearm of the Apothecary that was leaning over him on the right arm that was holding him down as they came more into focus. Blinking a couple of times, he found himself looking into the face plate of Iron Armour, not the Maximus helm with a white strip down the center that Artemis wore, narrowing his eyes the stab of pain in his chest reminded him where he was. The pain was more than physical; it was a deeper pain, the kind of pain that only came from being alone and away from anything or anyone from his home chapter. “Yeng, I thank you for your ministrations, was the beast put down?” he asked with his lips dry and caked with dried blood.

A sharp pain in his chest had him place one hand over the rent in his armour, causing him to look down and see it for the first time, a soft set of words escaped his lips, “Sabaan is going to be mad…”