[DW] Blackthorn and Swordhand: OOC Thread

Commissar Molotov

At the airport now with plentiful wifi so reading along avidly! Mazer will still need to finish his scenes before we transition back which is no bad thing, I can put in place plans for the next phase of the war!

I'll have to read over the scene again to make sure I understand everything before updating (I wasn't expecting Mazer to hand back until the end of the scene) but if anyone wishes to get anything else in over the next few days, feel free.

Thanks again to Mazer for stepping into the breach!

To be fair, the scenes with our brave lads in the hostage situation and the astropath tower can be considered just narrative clean-up/fallout now - the scene was dragging a bit, so thought it best to clip it off.   Besides, Slips various speeches needed some result I thought! :p

I'll clear up any narrative for Solastion/Atratus/Sabaan/Varvost and Ghent if they wish it.

Lictor brawl in a nutshell:

• Tyber still asleep, for two more rounds, so next round will be 5/6
  • Tyber is at full health
  • Akkad, Vorr and Yeng are in Squad Mode Fire for Effect
  • Vorr, Teralil and Akkad to declare actions for this round
  • Lictor is now between the firebase and the team in the tall grass - location: Somewhere
  • Firebase is powered and doors are open.

And you are most welcome GM, it was nice to flex the old muscles a bit, hope the players found it alright too?  :smile.:

MR.

Edited by Mazer Rackham

With us moving forward a day there's ample time for Tyber to have woken up - so there is a great deal of mileage in reflecting on Yeng's ministrations, your feelings on missing the fight with the Lictor, Akkad's use of your chainsword or your hopes to find and avenge yourself on the hunter-killer beast!

Wow, that is one hell of an update!

I am taking this moment before it is raining burning bugs to compliment everyone on their posts over the past weeks.

There is also a huuuuge Thank you to Mazer for Brevet-GMing.

And to Nine for that excellent map.

That is really a return in full strength Mol! Pretty hyped here.

Thanks for the really positive post, Xin - it's really nice.

My intention is to do a few things:

- Accelerate the rate of posts from players and myself

- To facilitate a narrative arc so that players understand where we're going.

This game is a huge undertaking and I hope I never lose sight of the fact that you guys are willingly giving up your time and your energy in order to help make this the success that it is. If it weren't for you, this would just be my rubbish fan-fiction, and nobody wants that! I've shared elements of the plot with some of the players and I do have grand plans beyond this second episode, but of course we have to get there...

So, the intention is that players who are interested in the strategic elements of the war can get involved with that. If it turns out that none of you want it, I can turn it completely narrative - it's down to you to tell me, so I'm not investing energy into something you don't want.

Those who want to focus on the narrative of the invasion or their own character pieces are welcome to do that through the skill test system. Some of this comes down to players saying, "I'd really like to run a scene where I do XYZ," and I try to make it happen. I'd like players to feel empowered rather than passive, but it relies upon you guys taking advantage of that.

Now that September is here and I'm back in front of a computer every day, I certainly intend to attempt to post daily - though the length of those posts will vary. I hope this will increase player engagement, as players will have a reason to check back each day. We are hampered a little by the fact that the board's auto-email functionality is not working - one option is to put together a Blackthorn/Swordhand email list so you can get email notifications - if that's something you'd be interested in, please let me know.