[DW] Blackthorn and Swordhand: OOC Thread

Commissar Molotov

Well, the Harridan has the Flyer (20) ability, but is Size (Immense) and I'm not immediately clear if that adds to its speed. The Stormraven has a 30m tactical speed, so it appears that Spearcast might be able to outrun the Harridan, unless I am unclear on any interaction of rules?

Since I suppose they are "characters" - or at the very least a part of Deathwatch forces assigned to Syndalla - both Xenocide and Spearcast have posts in the character thread. Spearcast has the twin-linked Assault Cannon turret, twin heavy bolters at the front and four bloodstrike missiles (which looking at the stats, might prove useful against the Harridan...)

The Spearcast is VTOL capable correct?

Does she have fragmentation warheads available? If so, I can think of some nasty things you can do... :wink:

You mean fly like Harrier...? ;)

Until we fail an Ag test to dodge, sure, then according to an old helicopter pilot I once knew, we're playing a baby Grand Piano.

Only this one has a leviathan class termite gnawing on our face.

Steel:

He was discussing auto-rotation :wink:

MR.

Edited by Mazer Rackham

The Spearcast is VTOL capable correct?

Does she have fragmentation warheads available? If so, I can think of some nasty things you can do... :wink:

You mean fly like Harrier...? ;)

Until we fail an Ag test to dodge, sure, then according to an old helicopter pilot I once knew, we're playing a baby Grand Piano.

Only this one has a leviathan class termite gnawing on our face.

Steel:

He was discussing auto-rotation :wink:

MR.

I was thinking more like an Apache....

Halt forward momentum, drop to a lower altitude then light it up from below.

Or rotate in place and light it up with cannons and rockets, while keeping momentum in the same direction you were traveling.

If you had fragmentation warheads, set them to a proximity detonation fuse and force it to fly through a storm of razor sharp metal, ripping its wings apart or change heading to avoid the cloud of death, giving you guys more time to get away.

:)

Or rotate in place and light it up with cannons and rockets, while keeping momentum in the same direction you were traveling.

If you had fragmentation warheads, set them to a proximity detonation fuse and force it to fly through a storm of razor sharp metal, ripping its wings apart or change heading to avoid the cloud of death, giving you guys more time to get away.

:smile.:

Mate, this is the 41st millennium, where an IR flare is tech-heresy and people worship calculators.  Besides, have you seen the TB on that thing?  Frag isn't even going to slow it down.

My plan was to wing-walk, grab a Strike missile, tie it to my waist with a brace of Krak grenades and go fishing out the back of the Uber bus on the safety winch...

:D

MR.

• 2 weeks later...

At long last I have resolved the combat rolls for my two posts. Very sorry about being late with those, Mol.

Fortunately, the Emperor did not see fit to punish me and gave me some pretty good rolls (thanks both to the Tearing quality and Righteous Fury, though 3D10+6 also helps :P). Providing I didn't miss anything or the Harridan doesn't dodge the attack, that's 75 less Wounds to remove!

Edited by Chaplain Dosjetka

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, 

Still here, still pushing... we will get this done! I'm behind the scenes trying to reorganise plotlines and hooks so that things work out neatly. Currently working on an update which I will have up today or tomorrow. Thanks to people for being patient and helping to push this onward! 

Apologies everyone, have been doing lots of bits and pieces (lots of them - am busy!) and haven't been as active here as I would have liked - I keep meaning to post but can't think of anything other than the Oscar-worthy:

"Akkad grimaced and made grim dark quotes about inserting bolt-shells into the foes of man."

Hold that thought!

Hope everyone is doing alright?

MR.

I'm doing okay, kind of wondering what my wife and kids are planning for the Friday of next week.... (I know I'm stoked to be able to have a nice relaxing drive with no school / daycare drop offs and pick ups at the end of day.)

All three of them are being oddly tight lipped about the 22ed of this month (when I turn 37)....

Must be my paranoia... (fitting for a fan of the First Legion I guess...)

You young rascals, wait until you're my age, when half your innards are replaced with make-do and mend - I'm sure my hip is made of an old tiger tank and my ribs are glued with polyfilla (or Bondo if you're one of our American Cousins).

Glad you all seem in good spirits at least :)

MR.