[DW] Blackthorn and Swordhand: OOC Thread

Commissar Molotov

Eeek... two weeks since the last post! I can only apologise, work has been hard here and (whilst not my birthday) it was Mrs Mol's birthday on Sunday and yesterday was a year since her surgery. Things have gotten away from me and I'm trying to get back on track. The lack of player posts has stifled momentum somewhat so I will try to drag things back on track. I will also send an email on the email chain in an attempt to keep people interested!

Hope all are well,

Mol

Hi all!

Work has been busy and I got a sneak peak to this year's flu season. November is always tight with birthdays so time is still scarce but it isn't all work related ;)

I ' ll be out of town at the end of November for the DGPPN ( the national institutional Congress ... which is saying something about physician work mentality - if you do a lot of work they reward with some other kind of work on a weekend :p

But I get to go on the hospital and will be able to bring my wife along. So, I am not complaining.

More closely to recent events: Sabaan managed to get a craft on the ground. No one exploded.

Things are definitely looking up!

While work has been (and continues to be) busy, I have been thinking about how to move the plot forward to more dramatic parts. The answer, in some ways, is just to move things forward to the dramatic parts, rather than having players kicking their heels. 

I've also taken the executive decision to use Librarian Montesa to further the plot. Noctus Cornix was very vocal about not having others play his character, but he hasn't posted with us since July and in those four months, he's been posting elsewhere on the forum. The Librarian was an important part of the plot and I would like to move things forward. 

I will be posting an update today (by hook or by crook!) and I will be posting an email to the circle. 

• 2 weeks later...

*Looks in to see who is still around*

I keep an eye, albeit as beneficent overseer...? :)

Why don't you have Tyber bump into some ecclesiarch and beat them up? :D

MR.

Tempting, very tempting....

But I've been drafting something with Tyber at the speech and dealing with his disgust at sharing the stage with one and his sisters....

I'd like too, but where CM left off it doesn't fit yet... we were in the middle of finding out about that new contact that jumped in system....

But if I get the go a head with CM to do a jump a head to it, it could work.

But for the record, Tyber sees himself (and his chapter does as well for that mater) as the grandson(s) of the Emperor, the Lion is the disappointing absentee father. :wink: 

Tyber stood behind and to the right of the Gonvener of the world, his armour polished to a glistening black, his tabard cleaned to hide that this armour lacked the thunderbolts that should’ve been on his chest. Even against Sabaan’s wishes Tyber had taken his old helm with him, as doing this public appearance without it felt wrong on so many levels. At least his helm looked as if it had been repaired, even if the internal workings of it did not match the outer appearance. His arming sword stood tip down with his left hand lying atop his right as they rested on the pommel of the blade.

To Tyber’s left stood a priest whom was flanked by some of the Daughters of the Emperor, to be on a stage with them made his skin crawl, their very presence a distraction to him, making him keep a watchful eye on them for any sign of betrayal. Under his helm he narrowed his eyes and grimaced recalling to himself that betrayal came as naturally to the so called ‘Ecclesiarchy’ as killing did to him.

Even suggesting that getting them on the board with this had made Tyber feel sick to his stomach, like he was betraying the Emperor himself in seeking the assistance of these liars and thieves, but he couldn’t deny the effect they seemed to have on the average livestock that were the citizens of the Imperium.

They very fibers of his slab like muscles demanded to move with all the speed they would allow cutting these cowards down, demanding that they prove that the Emperor was in fact a god and that they had his confidence and protection. Yet it was his mind that cooled that impulse, the mortal livestock citizens of the Imperium needed this, it gave them hope. Tyber reminded himself that hope was one of the three major motivators to get someone to do something against their best interests, so he sighed and listened to the speech, his presence being used to show the might of the Emperor stood with them.

Rolling his eyes as the Governor went on about the divinity of man, he couldn’t help but scoff at it and remind himself that these cattle needed this, when the priest began to step forward to offer blessings, his muscles tighten, fingers twitched to the grip of his sword, mentally checking himself, when two of the sisters moved to flank the priest, even if they only stood in carapace armour and lacked visible weapons, he still felt their presence as an insult. With little choice left he forced his mind away from that subject he returned his interest in the approaching forces.

^^

What I'm thinking of posting, I think it still needs a bit of refinement, but I don't think it steeps on too many toes...