[DW] Blackthorn and Swordhand: OOC Thread

Commissar Molotov

There is a surplus of flapping gums in this thread and a lack of punching in the other.

The Emperor abhors a vacuum.

Maybe just put your intentions if you have to?  Placeholders with your exciting deeds?

MR.

Edited by Mazer Rackham

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, 

Another lengthy pause, and another apologetic post from me - 2020 hasn't been off to a great start. One of our dogs managed to injure her spine (which necessitated a very expensive surgery and several weeks of ongoing care), my wife got rather ill again and will require further surgeries this year (not the big C, thankfully, but still not great) and circumstances have meant we are currently preparing for an unexpected house move. On top of that, we had a lengthy examination season at work and lots of things going on. Things are chaotic here! 

The lack of email updates due to the B&C software and the slow posting rate put a bit of a dent in my enthusiasm. On top of that, Blackthorn and Swordhand are embroiled in somewhat of a complicated plot, and with three separate questlines at the same time, it's been a little over-ambitious. It's hardly the first time we have slowed down, but I am keen to try to revitalise and move forward in whatever way we can. 

Hope you can all forgive my lapses and that we can move forward - please do feel free to email me or message me on Instagram if I dip again! 

Hi all, 

Another lengthy pause, and another apologetic post from me - 2020 hasn't been off to a great start. One of our dogs managed to injure her spine (which necessitated a very expensive surgery and several weeks of ongoing care), my wife got rather ill again and will require further surgeries this year (not the big C, thankfully, but still not great) and circumstances have meant we are currently preparing for an unexpected house move. On top of that, we had a lengthy examination season at work and lots of things going on. Things are chaotic here! 

The lack of email updates due to the B&C software and the slow posting rate put a bit of a dent in my enthusiasm. On top of that, Blackthorn and Swordhand are embroiled in somewhat of a complicated plot, and with three separate questlines at the same time, it's been a little over-ambitious. It's hardly the first time we have slowed down, but I am keen to try to revitalise and move forward in whatever way we can. 

Hope you can all forgive my lapses and that we can move forward - please do feel free to email me or message me on Instagram if I dip again! 

No worries, Mol, family first after all even the furry multi-legged ones!

Don't worry, Mol! Just rearing my head out of our recent troubles over the past days, you and your loved ones have my full sympathies.

So take your time and look after the important issues first. In the meantime, it's best wishes to your wife and your dog(s)... from me, my wife and our parrots.

• 4 weeks later...

I'll use this thread since I think it has the best reach for both the Fraters involved here and those meandering elsewhere.

First, I hope everyone and their families / SO are well and coping with the current situation as best as possible.

Second, that I got called in today to cover for colleague(s) affected bi the Covid 19 infection which is bad enough as it is but sadly also badly messing up my Work/ Life balance. But if that is the only thing suffering when this thing is all said and done, then that is a sacrifice I am more than willing to make.

It just means that my placeholders will be a bit further delayed and I might not be around for bantering as much as I'd like to.

But please do not worry to much if I drop out ( again) a bit more than I hoped for over the coming days.

Be safe Brothers!

Take care Xin and stay safe....

Have if you need to protect your breathing during this (as well as eyes/face) have you seen what the Italians did?

For those that are curious what I mean, see the spoiler tag.

@Xin, your schedule is more important than saving the galaxy ;)

Protect yourself first, brother and stay safe and well.  Do not forget to recite the fourth incantation of cleanliness!

@Steel, that's pretty awesome to be fair.  It never ceases to amaze me, what human ingenuity can come up with.  Nature gives us the platypus and we give the world the frisbee! :)

(being serious, that snorkel thing is a brilliant idea, though).

MR.

Xin, thank you for all you do and we all wish you well in this difficult time.

I am definitely keen to try to restart the game to see if we can get some forward momentum here.

At the moment I am aiming for a new update on Saturday the 11th of April, to give people some time to get ready. I will be altering some things in order to make this as efficient as possible so that w could move forward properly. 

Hope you are all well.

I have today sent out an email to all the players using the email addresses I had in the hopes of engendering some response. 

The plan is still for an update this weekend to try to move things forward. 

Hope you are all as well as possible, 

Mol 

*raises servo-arm awkwardly*

Hey all, my deepest apologies for completely dropping off the face of the RPG forum - was having some RL issues, and couldn't bring myself to contribute to the game for a bit.

However, things have been resolved now, and, especially given the current situation, I will get back to posting more frequently than once in half a year.

My deepest apologies once again for my lack of participation - things should be better now.