[DW] Blackthorn and Swordhand: OOC Thread

Commissar Molotov

Thanks to Nine and Xin for moving forward with their thermobaric shield idea. It won't hold the Tyranids off indefinitely (and may have ruined Syndalla's biosphere) but it will prevent them from assaulting Beregar directly this first week. I don't envision that it wraps the whole planet, though - so the Tyranids will be able to land elsewhere.

In an effort to move things forward, here are the plotlines for the first week:

- Imperial forces have identified the Valshari Dam, located south of Beregar, as a target of opportunity. Destroying the dam and submerging the flood plains will slow the horde and greatly diminish the forces the Tyranids can bring to bear upon the city. The mission will require the Deathwatch to be inserted into the mountains - likely by their Stormtalon, Spearcast and planting charges on the dam itself.

- The Deathwatch have received a high-priority encoded message on Inquisitorial channels. It appears that Interrogator Ryken has resurfaced - but he is not upon Syndalla. Instead, he is located on the world of Vinov, another world within the Syndallan system. It plays host to a penal colony, and the world has faced heavy Tyranid infestation. Ryken has requested immediate support from the Deathwatch in order to complete an operation he calls "critical in nature."

- There are still battles to be waged within the streets of Beregar for any who might wish to do so.

If players are able to tell me which they would prefer to be assigned to, I can move things forward - otherwise I/Slips can assign.

Hope you are all well,

Mol.

Edited by Commissar Molotov

Yeah, we might be better off sending our Jump Pack Marines to the Dam. Make use of the vertical mobility afforded by the packs to move around easier.

Meanwhile the other non-pack marines could head off to help the interro-quisitor and make more use out of shooting-based "stand your ground" tactics. Or something.

Just the idea that popped into my head about all this.

Thanks to Nine and Xin for moving forward with their thermobaric shield idea. It won't hold the Tyranids off indefinitely (and may have ruined Syndalla's biosphere) but it will prevent them from assaulting Beregar directly this first week. I don't envision that it wraps the whole planet, though - so the Tyranids will be able to land elsewhere.

- The Deathwatch have received a high-priority encoded message on Inquisitorial channels. It appears that Interrogator Ryken has resurfaced - but he is not upon Syndalla. Instead, he is located on the world of Vinov, another world within the Syndallan system. It plays host to a penal colony, and the world has faced heavy Tyranid infestation. Ryken has requested immediate support from the Deathwatch in order to complete an operation he calls "critical in nature."

If players are able to tell me which they would prefer to be assigned to, I can move things forward - otherwise I/Slips can assign.

Hope you are all well,

Mol.

I'd like to be moved to investigate the Interrogator.

I don't think any of us believes the shield to keep them off the planet. It just gives us some narrative leeeway why we don 't drown in fangs ;)

Since they are on the Xenocide already, I guess Sabaan will join the search for the Interrogator, once he and Greysight have finished off the pesky boarders.

Hey all,

Pleased to see that this has gained a bit of traction.

Xin: I spoke to Nineswords and if you and/or he can put up another placeholder, then the two of you can describe holding off the boarders on the Xenocide and/or any character development afterwards. These new storylines will take place a few days later.

Equally, if any players wish to describe fighting the few Tyranid forces that reach Beregar's walls then feel free to put up a placeholder.

At the moment, the proposed split seems to be:

Destroying the Valshari Dam:

Atratus

Varvost

Solastion

Vorr

Teralil

Responding to Interrogator Ryken:

Ghent

Sabaan

Greysight

Akkad

Yeng

Overseeing the Defense of Beregar:

Tyber

(with support from Librarian Montesa)

If you'd like to change this split, please let me know.

At the moment, the proposed split seems to be:

Responding to Interrogator Ryken:

Ghent

Sabaan

Greysight

Akkad

Yeng

Greysight and Sabaan are happily killing things that have boarded the Xenocide. How do we propose to get Ghent, Akkad and Yeng to Ryken? Do they come up to Xenocide, or do we Uber Pool over to them and pick them up?

Tyber is in the city, dam busting isn't in his wheel house, and the inquisi-terrogator creeps the hell out of him.

YEE I just forgot to list y'all that weren't participating in demolition or possibly getting got by inquisi shenanigans.

Do they come up to Xenocide, or do we Uber Pool over to them and pick them up?

I apologise this can only be liked once.

@Steel - Akkad will reminding Tyber that no wheelhouse is big enough to contain the mightily tall 'Black Lord' and that cooling his heels in the city is the easy job next to the doughnuts, which Tyber needs as he's a growing boy and won't be able to swing that sword else.

MR.

Do they come up to Xenocide, or do we Uber Pool over to them and pick them up?

@Steel - Akkad will reminding Tyber that no wheelhouse is big enough to contain the mightily tall 'Black Lord' and that cooling his heels in the city is the easy job next to the doughnuts, which Tyber needs as he's a growing boy and won't be able to swing that sword else.

MR.

:laugh.:

Wish I could like that more than once....

Mazer:

Although it doesn't matter to me in that sense, my assumption is based off the idea that both demi-squads should have a techmarine, apothecary and commander figure. The discussion had been that the Assault Marines (Tyber, Varvost, Atratus, plus Solastion has a jump pack) - so I thought that Akkad made sense. That said, Ghent can work as a commander-type, but it depends, as I know that Dosjetka wanted to give up the Vaidan mantle earlier in the narrative.

Fine either way, but if Slips can make some decisions I will move things forward.

Ah!

I understand.  You want Akkad to glower at Ghent, grimly challenge everything he says, eat no Tyranids and try to assassinate the filthy Interro-heretic without Nines/Greysight noticing.  Can do. :thumbsup:

Wait - you wanted him as a leadership/mentor figure...that's...uh...very  trusting  unexpected...

I accept! :ph34r.: To the Xenocide!

MR.

Alright so we have:

-Montesa

-Tyber

Remaining in-city?

Xenocide:

-Akkad

-Sabaan

-Greysight

-Ghent

-Yeng

Dam:

-Solastion

-Atratus

-Vorr

-Varvost

-Teralil(?)

If ive got everyone this seems to be what we’re going to be going with?