[DW] Blackthorn and Swordhand: OOC Thread

Commissar Molotov

Noctus: Good post, I will be emailing both you and Slips to try to advance. 

Mazer:

For narrative expediency, I need Ryken to still have the rosette - you will have the opportunity to get it back very soon.

Yeah, Montesa could use a good swift boot in his ass. :tongue.:

Also, Mol, I just finished fixing Montesa's character sheet in regards to his purchase history and stats. I'll need to sit down a bit later and write down the psychic powers to go with it. I'll pull out my big ol' books a bit later so I can transfer that information. 

Which reminds me, gents. I'm sure all of you are frequent visitors of the Warhammer Community page. For those of you who aren't, The entire line of Deathwatch RPG books are available on Humble Bundle for as little as $18 dollars. So if you lads happen to need copies of any of the PDFs, now's your chance! https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/05/07/a-humble-warhammer-takeover/

Edited by Noctus Cornix

To be clear, Ryken's proposed plan is not intended to kill the bio-ship, but rather to poison it so that it's easier for you all to board it and kill it from the inside!  

Gonna have to go back inside?....

I'm hesitant to imagine how Montesa's going to react to that... Either he's going to dread returning to that place, or there's going to be absolute Hellfire in his wake. We'll just have to see how that transpires. :happy.:

Poor Akkad. We knew him well....

Why is all I can think of suddenly the picture of him standing on a heap of dead xenos amidst the pool, yelling "Made it Lufgt, ya bastard! Top of the. World! "

Edit: that is ... the idea is to drop him as single runner with the toxin and the Stormraven provides covering fire ( and hopefully pick him up,again afterwards ? Just checking before writing something...

Edited by Xin Ceithan

(placeholder)

(OOC:) Spearcast rises and begins circling the area. The idea is to keep turret and or character heavy bolters to cover Akkad, using the front mounted assault cannons to engage targets of opportunity AWAY from the objective for distraction or AHEAD to clear up some space. Think circling helicopter more than cruising gunship. Sabaan will also track and log Akkkad's position for recovery / geneseed retrieval. [sp

Edited by Xin Ceithan

I hear that Chapter two of this epic Deathwatch play is about to end. Is there opportunities to Join in Chapter 3? I would like to use Apothecary Ian Creiche and build him up more, as I built him for a different Deathwatch Campaign using the Raptors Chapter Rule set. (It was the closest I could find to represent Bloodmoon Hunters.)

Hi TechCaptain, 

Thanks so much for your enthusiasm! We are moving towards the final act of the Chapter, which will be the assault on the hive ship. However, I still anticipate this may take a month or so! The best thing to do is to stick around and participate in threads like this. Many of the players in Kill-Team Swordhand, who entered in Chapter 2, were fans who were inducted in. 

When we get to Chapter 3, I will ask for new players if we have space. 

Hope you're well, 

Mol. 

Hi TechCaptain, 

Thanks so much for your enthusiasm! We are moving towards the final act of the Chapter, which will be the assault on the hive ship. However, I still anticipate this may take a month or so! The best thing to do is to stick around and participate in threads like this. Many of the players in Kill-Team Swordhand, who entered in Chapter 2, were fans who were inducted in. 

When we get to Chapter 3, I will ask for new players if we have space. 

Hope you're well, 

Mol.

Awesome I will start looking up again what I need to do for stats.

I found his old sheet I did up. Please let me know if I need to redo anything.

Character Name: Ian Creiche

Chapter: Bloodmoon Hunters (Raptors stuff)

Chapter Demeanor: A History of Pragmatism

Past Event: Sniper

Personal Demeanor: Calculating

Specialty: Deathwatch Apothecary

Power Armor History: A fury like lightning

Weapon Skill: 35

Ballistic Skill: 45

Strength: 35

Toughness: 40

Agility: 55

Intelligence: 50

Perception: 55

Willpower: 40

Fellowship: 30

Talents and Traits: MASTER OF ARMS(Accurate, Blast{2}), Create Toxins, Marksman, Marksman’s Honour, Price of Victory, PROTECTOR OF THE CHAPTER, Cybernetic Senses - Sight (Best), PSYBER-RAVEN (Best)

Edited by TechCaptain

That looks decent, but I think are soft on more generalists (Tactical Marines) at the moment. We've got at least two of every class right now, but a third tactical would be a welcomed addition.... unless you are looking at crafting bio weapons with it?

I am looking to making him eventually crafting specific bio toxins to use with a sniper set up. 

No problem. This was just what was on his old sheet. I figured I would have to remake him.

Right now is research and material grabbing.

Edited by TechCaptain

Not sure what happened to the formatting in this post..!

Hi Akkad, 

I can't fully resolve combat yet as I want to give a grace period for the players to decide whether they want to up their initiative. 

Just as a note: 

- Akkad does not see the canister at all, so if that would affect your actions, please feel free to alter them. 

- Akkad activated Burst of Speed before the Mawloc jumped him, but as Burst of Speed says "once per game session", I would disallow him immediately exiting Squad Mode to reacquire his Burst of Speed. 

-I'm also happy to assume you recover your Wounds immediately after recovering from being Stunned. 

Let me know if I've missed something! 

Edited by Commissar Molotov

Mazer - I had some issues with my last post in this thread; I have edited and hopefully that's come through to you. I have assumed you're still activating Bolter Assault and have rolled Nineswords' dice for that. 

Once we've sorted things I will attempt to reconcile everyones' actions. 

Xin: Greysight isn't leaving the gunship, so that gives you choice as to whether you want to use your heavy bolters or the bloodstrike missiles.