[DW] Blackthorn and Swordhand: OOC Thread

Commissar Molotov

Nicely done! The Tyranid Swarm has nearly been eradicated and there will soon be little to stop you eradicating the swarm. This should be the last round of combat as the Kill-Team makes for the rent in the Voice of Thunder's hull.

As they say: out of the frying pan...

Edited by Commissar Molotov

To be fair AT, it was a charge action for Tyber...

If I had the ability to use a standard attack after a charge (Preternatural Speed -- freaking rank 8 ability), then Tyber would be swinging 4 times with a possible 7 DoS per attack for a total of 16 possible mag damage... still by the time he'd have that ability he'd also likely have power weapons, bumping it up to a possible 20 mag damage.

Though Tyber isn't being set up to be a horde murder machine, he is being built to be a boss killer.... there are some amusing shenanigans to be had with Thunder hammers, power swords and Master of Blades. :laugh.:

If I had the ability to use a standard attack after a charge (Preternatural Speed -- freaking rank 8 ability), then Tyber would be swinging 4 times with a possible 7 DoS per attack for a total of 16 possible mag damage... still by the time he'd have that ability he'd also likely have power weapons, bumping it up to a possible 20 mag damage.

Though Tyber isn't being set up to be a horde murder machine, he is being built to be a boss killer.... there are some amusing shenanigans to be had with Thunder hammers, power swords and Master of Blades. :laugh.:

oh god the "power sword that hits like a thunderhammer" build 

I was just looking over my character sheet again and realised that the Death is Joy armour history gives me +1 Magnitude damage on hordes, so that probably would have counted for something earlier during the combat.

Yup.... Ahh well, live and learn. :wink:

oh god the "power sword that hits like a thunderhammer" build 

*cough* two of them...:whistling:  *cough*

Edited by Steel Company

I was just looking over my character sheet again and realised that the Death is Joy armour history gives me +1 Magnitude damage on hordes, so that probably would have counted for something earlier during the combat.

You do have the option of throwing your bolter at the enemy for 2 points of magnitude damage.

*ponders putting a krak grenade against the magazine of a bolter to cook off the ammo...*

Storm Warden can do some INSANE damage with their claymore, if you play it right and pick the right abilities.

I always figured that if I were to ever play a Storm Warden it would have to be a librarian, just to find some reason to use Hammer of the Emperor to roll 30+ dice of damage against a target area over 2km across while firing from beyond the horizon. It's such an utterly impractical psychic power.

Storm Warden can do some INSANE damage with their claymore, if you play it right and pick the right abilities.

I always figured that if I were to ever play a Storm Warden it would have to be a librarian, just to find some reason to use Hammer of the Emperor to roll 30+ dice of damage against a target area over 2km across while firing from beyond the horizon. It's such an utterly impractical psychic power.

And that is just what makes it so fun and cool!

I do like the Storm Wardens and their Tempest Blades - would be good to see a player using Storm Wardens rules for another Chapter.

I have restored narrative time, so feel free to make the most of this breather and try to restore yourselves (and finally unjam your bolter, Morovir!)

That's a fail in my reading comprehension then (although I think you could edit your post to make that a little clearer) - I read it and then suggested to Nine that he have Greysight defend Varvost.

I'll let Nine know so that when he fills in his placeholder he doesn't refer to Tyber.

Mol, you're prolly aware but Varvost has True Grit, which drops his Crit damage to half.  If I missed that, I'm sorry, it's a skim-read fail..! 

Does the Narthecium do something to Crit Damage TB threshold as well?

@TechCaptain - technical talk?  You mean throwing guns? :biggrin.:

MR.

Edited by Mazer Rackham

Mazer - In the post where he was wounded, I did take that into account:

Attack 1:

WS45: 8 (HIT)
Varvost attempts to Dodge: AG59: 86 (FAIL)
Fate Point Re-Roll: 94 (FAIL)
Varvost is hit in the 80 (RIGHT LEG)
Scything Talons are 1D10+2R (Pen 3)(+2D10, Magnitude)(+1D10, Overwhelming): 8,9,4,8: 31 Damage
Varvost has TB8(9, Frenzy) and Armour 8(5), reducing the damage by 14 to 17
Varvost is at 7 Wounds Remaining

Attack 2:
WS45: 10 (HIT)
Varvost is hit in the 01 (HEAD)
Scything Talons are 1D10+2(+2D10 Magnitude)(+1D10, Overwhelming) (Pen 3): 9, 10, 6, 7: 34 Damage
Varvost has TB8(9 Frenzy) and Armour 8(5), reducing the damage by 14 to 20
Varvost is reduced to 0 Wounds (13 Remaining)
Varvost suffers 13 Critical Damage
True Grit halves this (rounding up) to 7
Varvost's Divination of Only in Death Does Duty End reduces Critical Damage by 1 to 6
Rending 6 to the Head:
As the blow rips violently across the target's face - it takes with it an important feature...
D10: 3 Eye
Varvost suffers from Blood Loss and takes 1D5 levels of Fatigue: 2

Varvost's helmet comes off.

Varvost should be very dead!