[DW] Blackthorn and Swordhand: OOC Thread

Commissar Molotov

I do believe I said something about garlic butter...

Ugh.

Garlic butter is awful.  A real Astartes eats it raw, like Akkad.

EDIT: Aww, look at Tyber, all grown up! ;)

Good call on the krak missile.

@ Reyner, If Vorr's in Strongpoint with me, he use his reaction for a second one....

MR.

Edited by Mazer Rackham

Ugh.

Garlic butter is awful.  A real Astartes eats it raw, like Akkad.

EDIT: Aww, look at Tyber, all grown up! :wink:

Well to be fair, he did learn from charging a lictor and getting his bell rung. :biggrin.:

Ugh.

Garlic butter is awful. A real Astartes eats it raw, like Akkad.

EDIT: Aww, look at Tyber, all grown up! ;)

Good call on the krak missile.

@ Reyner, If Vorr's in Strongpoint with me, he use his reaction for a second one....

MR.

Yeah sounds good, CM am I in Strongpoint? If so then fire ze missiles!

I think we all need to get better leg armour, or start standing behind waist-high walls...

(also the sniper rifle is using the felling 2 rounds as the toxin needles don't work on the tyranids - so I think Atratus managed 6 more damage there)

I couldn't work out where the second level of Felling came from - I will adjust!

EDIT: I've just been reading through Rites of Battle and I can't find the reference to that ammunition - only for shotguns. Where should I be looking?

Edited by Commissar Molotov

EDIT: I've just been reading through Rites of Battle and I can't find the reference to that ammunition - only for shotguns. Where should I be looking?

It is derived from the shotgun ammo - you suggested using it rather than the rogue trader microblast needle ammo rules.

I agree, though I suspect Mol's post is tongue firmly rooted in cheek :wink:

A GM should always be prepared to make a weapon option shinier or personal.

"There are many like it but this one is mine."

I mean, look at Cadence or Steel's Arming Toothpick.  I know a few GM's who wouldn't do that, because while it exists outside the system, RAW doesn't let it slide.

It's the mark of a GM prepared to work with their players.

EDIT: @ A.T chest high walls?  What is this, Gears of Warhammer? ;p

MR.

Edited by Mazer Rackham

Start of next round up, just in the midst of contacting Ninesword to get Greysight's actions.

As GM, I cannot stress enough that destroying the final pillar is a waste of ammunition compared to the imminent threat posed by the Tyrant.

Start of next round up, just in the midst of contacting Ninesword to get Greysight's actions.

As GM, I cannot stress enough that destroying the final pillar is a waste of ammunition compared to the imminent threat posed by the Tyrant.

I know CM, but I'm keeping in mind Tyber's thought process, and it is something he'd suggest trying. Mostly since he's thinking killing that pillar might kill these beasties.

It's a good call A.T, everyone will get an extra whack!

@Steel, that's why I tried to make in character for Tyber.  Akkad respects his thinking, but he must keep that elbow up! :smile.:

I'll maintain Strongpoint.  We MUST get Vorr a double Krak Missile per turn, or even offer AT a double sniper shot while it's safe to use their Reactions without reply, and I'm going to have to reload soon, (3 bursts left) so the HB will be out of the game for a bit.

Watch for when the Tyrant goes down as his friends will go angry rhino berserk.

MR.

Thank you to you guys for pulling your weight with the narrative. I really appreciate it.

Apologist: Good to see you - I will email you this, but whilst Ghent is dead dead (and will need his progenoids extracted) both Montesa (who is "dead") and Varvost (who is on the verge of death and likely to be put down imminently) are not "dead" as they will be able to burn a fate point to survive. With Montesa, it's likely the Overlord has struck him in the bionics that you previously installed for him. Varvost will also be recovered, though he will need extensive work doing on him!