[DW] Blackthorn and Swordhand: OOC Thread

Commissar Molotov

I'll maintain Strongpoint.  We MUST get Vorr a double Krak Missile per turn, or even offer AT a double sniper shot while it's safe to use their Reactions without reply,

I need at least a half action to aim before firing, and i'll also need to reload after the next shot.

But hit and run is fairly safe. If others are going to get stuck in the 'share reactions' (tactical spacing) ability might be worth going for. 5 marines in support range mean that one marine can try to dodge or parry all five of the overlords attacks toe to toe.

Updated to the start of Round 13 - though there are unspent Reactions for the Strongpoint that (Akkad? Vorr? Sabaan?) could use before the next round?

Steel, you could get Tyber's actions up for the next round. Looks as though he'll finally be getting TOE TO TOE with the Overlord!

Edited by Commissar Molotov

@ AT: We've got 1 point of Cohesion.

So, does Sabaan remain with the Devastators for Techsupport  and potential tank or move forward to clubbed the tyrant with the servo arm? 

Depends on how keen you are to die? :tongue.: Although truth be told we could do with taking the heat off Tyber.

MR.

Edited by Mazer Rackham

I have edited the map into the IC thread, but here it is, along with the current remaining fate points:

Kill-Team has 1 Cohesion Currently.

iwnUg6Z.png

Tyber: 3/5

Vorr: 1/4

Yeng: 0/3

Greysight: 3/5

Atratus: 2/3

Akkad: 0/4

Sabaan: 2/3

Varvost: 0/3

Solastion: 3/4

Teralil: 3/4

If everyone with a tasty CQB weapon goes in with Killing Strike now, we might finish it off.

I'mma still hose it with guns.

EDIT: I've just noticed Vorr is beyond Support Range.

MR.

Edited by Mazer Rackham

I started working on an update and managed to crash it. Maybe tomorrow now.

Whilst I wait, I'm under the impression that a Marine can't utilise two Squad modes in the same round. Does this mean that a Marine who takes part in Furious Assault and/or Strongpoint cannot give up their Reaction (and/or cannot benefit from others' Reactions)?

I'm under the impression that a Marine can't utilise two Squad modes in the same round. Does this mean that a Marine who takes part in Furious Assault and/or Strongpoint cannot give up their Reaction (and/or cannot benefit from others' Reactions)?

You are correct.

A Battle-brother may only benefit from one SQD mode at a time.  He can't be in Strongpoint and Tactical Spacing, but he can stop maintaining one and start another ability in his turn as an action.

Eg: Atratus calls Tactical Spacing in his turn, forfeiting his action to do this.

Akkad may, at the start of his turn:

• Ignore the SQD mode, as joining is a voluntary action,
  • Sustain Strongpoint and keep his Reaction for Strongpoint (or dodging/Parry) only,
  • Stop Sustaining Strongpoint (Free Action) and Immediately join Tactical Spacing, (Free Action), donating his Reaction to everyone participating in Tactical Spacing.

Note that there must be a Reaction to 'donate', you can still use your Reaction to dodge etc.  Only the Battle-brother who initiates a Sustained SQD mode can Sustain it.

This is a reading based on FFG Official FAQ and forums discussing it.

MR.

Yes, leave the death and taxes to me.

I have today emailed Noctus and Apologist to keep them abreast of their characters and to hopefully spur them into getting some narrative posts together. I think there's a lot of narrative mileage for Yeng as he pulls Montesa out of the way whilst Tyber stands his ground against the Tyrant beast.

I'm also in communication with a range of players who will (hopefully) be submitting characters for the third episode. If anyone knows people who might be interested, please send them my way!

Hopefully Vorr gets enough injuries to take on some bionics, my head canon for Red Talons is that they do some of the Iron Hands rituals (such as bionic hand when they become marines) but they're not as hardcore into bionics until they are injured enough to "earn" the machinery. It's a shame there isn't much fluff around for them in 40k as I found them the most interesting part of the Horus heresy Iron Hands. Still gonna have an army of them one day :D

I'm hoping the gap between Episode II and Episode III gives us some opportunity to add a little more detail to our posts in the character thread, to reflect growth and change. (And Varvost's new bionic leg... :( )

In other news, I contacted the moderators of r/40krpg and it turned out my thread got deleted by an auto-moderator. I've re-posted the thread and overnight received messages from twelve people on Reddit interested in participating, along with two more on Instagram. I'm going to be creating a recruitment post, but it definitely seems that there is an appetite for gaming, and we might be able to draw some more recruits to this sub-forum!