[DW] Blackthorn and Swordhand: OOC Thread

Commissar Molotov

FYI you don't need to take a Cohesion Test to join a Sustained SQD Mode, you just need one point of Cohesion in the pool and be in Support Range.  The extra Cohesion means we have a full tank of petrol for more though! :D

DW Errata P4 "Changing Modes" Amendment to Core P214.

"Entering Squad Mode is an action that effects
the group, not just an individual. If a Battle-Brother successfully enters
Squad Mode all other Kill-team members within Support Range may (if
they choose) immediately enter Squad Mode without using Full Action or
passing a Cohesion Challenge.”

MR.

A.T. - you were right; Varvost managed to hack through the Tyrant Guard whilst on the floor; Solastion charges the Tyrant but does no damage to it.

Mazer - my reading of that hinges on the word "immediately" - Tyber isn't "immediately" entering Squad Mode after someone else has done so - it is several rounds since any other Marine has entered Squad Mode.

Mazer - my reading of that hinges on the word "immediately" - Tyber isn't "immediately" entering Squad Mode after someone else has done so - it is several rounds since any other Marine has entered Squad Mode.

More than fair enough :)

MR.

Updated through to Atratus. Tyrant Overlord is at 142 Damage Sustained.

Currently, Tyber, Teralil and Solastion are in combat with it, whilst the rest of the Kill-Team pours fire upon it.

Yeng has dragged Montesa out of the fray and is stabilising him. Varvost is crawling around on the floor with a chain-axe.

Just another day at the office!

Hopefully Vorr gets enough injuries to take on some bionics

Standing in front of the overlord seems like a good bet for that, even with the extra reactions.

Witness me brothers! I shall ride internal! How far can Vorr move in a half action with his agile Mk6 armour? Being that far away on the map looks dangerous.

Hey CM,

I'm about to start writing and rolling for the use of killing strike and all out attack, as use of all out attack is required for killing strike and I had a question.

Do you want me to roll dice for it, or are you just wanting me write the death of the beast?

The reason why I ask as to put damage on the beast Tyber needs to roll a 9 or better just to do one point of damage, and all out attack from the way it's written is I only get one swing, not my usual flurry of strikes.

Narratively, I like the idea of Tyber closing his guard until he sees an opportunity and then striking with deadly efficiency.

So by all means, kill it - it will die this turn or next, but not in a satisfactory way. Far better that we end it cleanly!

Okay, I'll have him do a full attack, maybe he'll get lucky and actually put a sizable chunk of damage on it.

Post is up:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/344357-dw-blackthorn-and-swordhand/?p=5656208

I kind of hope it doesn't dodge in anyway.

Edited by Steel Company

Steel, there is no dodging the removal of plot armour! You can take your narrative out of spoilers.

Are you going to leave it to bleed out, or kill it more definitively? Structured time is ending now, so you can do what you need to.

Thanks Steel.

I've provided a little bit of guidance to you guys.

You may have seen on the recruitment thread that I'm projecting a mid-February start for Episode III.

My plan for the next "scenes" is as follows:

- Severing the Hive Link and Escaping the Hive Ship (from tomorrow - 21/1/21)

- Return to the Xenocide (from Monday 25th)

- Return to Syndalla (from Monday 1st)

- Imperial reinforcements arrive (from the 8th - 10th)

- Episode III's first post (February 12th - 3 years to the day that Episode I started!)

Between Episode II and Episode III I will be communicating with players in order to coordinate their first few posts.

Edited by Commissar Molotov

I was going to name all the marines who had died but I don't think we ever named the two other members of Swordhand (two are in sus-an comas so wasn't counting them). Vorr admittedly has no idea of the Invaders beliefs or practices out of combat but he's trying to be nice!