[DW] Blackthorn and Swordhand: OOC Thread

Commissar Molotov

Aaaaand we're back. I missed you guys. :wub:

Sorry, lads. Cold snap in Texas killed my internet for about a week with equally dead phone service along with it. Then there was a couple days of maintenance and catchup to get back on track. 

Y'all kill Akkad yet while I was gone? :biggrin.:

Noctus, I had no idea we were practically neighbors! Did y'all get through the storm okay?

Aaaaand we're back. I missed you guys. :wub:

Sorry, lads. Cold snap in Texas killed my internet for about a week with equally dead phone service along with it. Then there was a couple days of maintenance and catchup to get back on track. 

Y'all kill Akkad yet while I was gone? :biggrin.:

Noctus, I had no idea we were practically neighbors! Did y'all get through the storm okay?

Oh, :censored:, you're right! I'm near the Houston area. Yeah, I faired alright. I was very fortunate  that I didn't lose power or water at all here. It was just my internet that died on Monday and took about a week to get brought back on. Phone service was equally dead for most of that time too, sadly.

Hope your family faired well too, buddy.

Edited by Noctus Cornix

I forgot to make a placeholder for Swordhand's Watch Sergeant vote so I'm just going to make a new post and address it after the fact. Is that okay? Sorry I'm still getting used to this format.

Should be fine dude

Finally got a new keyboard (one that is minus the Aloe Vera after sun cream my children spread through it that would cause my computer to think every key was being pressed every time I hit a key close to the middle of the keyboard.) so I am hoping to both finally finish Pallan's character sheet tomorrow as well as fill my many place holders (after a bit more discussion with Apostle)

Thanks all for the patience.

Finally got a new keyboard (one that is minus the Aloe Vera after sun cream my children spread through it that would cause my computer to think every key was being pressed every time I hit a key close to the middle of the keyboard.) so I am hoping to both finally finish Pallan's character sheet tomorrow as well as fill my many place holders (after a bit more discussion with Apostle)

Thanks all for the patience.

But now your keyboard is in danger of getting sunburn. Life is all about compromise, mate. Looking forward to the posts!

Slightly unsure, I get that the 3 teams are now cut off from one another.

But presumably we had an overall plan that everyone understood, and a reason for each team member being put where they are? (For example, the mission is take out the enemy leader and Titus is in the group in an elevated position overlooking the entrance...)

And we all know what that plan was before the various complications arose, i.e. what we were expecting the other groups to do?

So even though we can't let each other know about the problems, can we strategise as to what the original plan was, that might help us to know if it will still work despite the issues that have arisen?

...Or am I overthinking stuff way too early into the game... :D

Everything looking very interesting so far!

Bonus points to Lysimachus for using the word 'pickets'. :)

@ Lys: Does Titus have Guerrilla Training, from the Raven Guard Table?

MR.

Thanks, I have no experience of military stuff (I think unlike several others on the board?) so I hope I'm using words/phrases in a way that makes sense?

And oh no, there probably should be a mod of some sort added to Titus' tests for his PA, shouldn't there? Am I right in remembering Guerilla Training affects that?

I sometimes wonder if I should have used the RG rules to create Titus, rather than the WS... Maybe I can ask Mol about including that Talent somehow...? (Edit: PM'd you Mol)

Thanks, I have no experience of military stuff (I think unlike several others on the board?) so I hope I'm using words/phrases in a way that makes sense?

And oh no, there probably should be a mod of some sort added to Titus' tests for his PA, shouldn't there? Am I right in remembering Guerilla Training affects that?

It makes more sense than my pseudo-military gobbledegook! :biggrin.:

You are correct sir - the mod to your Silent Move tests whilst in Power Armour is an eye-watering -30, which Guerrilla Training will offset.  This is what what keeps  A.T. silent, but there's nothing wrong with building from White Scars though - as Boyadventurer in the other game runs a Dark Hunter, which is closer to RG than WS, but still has has the geneseed and a couple of traits.

It just means at the moment you're wearing a a rickety old camper van, that clunks and clomps more than a cascade of steel pots and pans, falling onto a tin roof occupied by several amorous skeletons...

MR.

:D

Can't be having that, then!

I've appealed to the Great and Powerful Molotov that I might be able to add the Guerilla Training talent to my sheet, but I'd obviously have to lose one/some of my other initial XP spends.

I was thinking maybe Demolition, as it was always a 'yeah, that sorta fits...?' choice. But I'm out and therefore away from my rules, so I don't know if that would be a fair swap? I'm (vaguely) thinking Demo was around the 400 or 500 xp mark, but I've no idea offhand how much Guerilla Training costs... anyone remember?

...but I've no idea offhand how much Guerilla Training costs... anyone remember?

It's on the Raven Guard chapter-specific upgrades chart at 400 (first founding p18). Atratus got it (at a higher cost) as an elite upgrade for a successor chapter.

Anyone can get elite upgrades, the system is that you bid what you want to spend - as a White Scar perhaps start at double (800xp) and then see if Mol goes higher or lower.

Alternatively consider a cameleoline cloak and scout armour. Guerilla Training only removes penalties whereas a cloak grants a +20 bonus and scout armour imposes a further -10 to detect through technological means (including auspexes and autosenses). And of course has the benefit of not costing any xp.