[DW] Blackthorn and Swordhand: OOC Thread

Commissar Molotov

@Demi-Squad Tertius: Solza, Pyke, Atratus

A few options here - concentrate on one unit or split fire (hard to judge without knowing their magnitudes) and one of two optional attack patterns:

1) Furious charge: if we want to pile in this is the action. Atratus can turn this into two attacks via assassin strike and Pyke can use it to get into ideal firing range. Always a good one to have paid-off for future re-use

or 2) For a hefty cost in cohesion Atratus can use the Raptor pattern 'hit and run' to pull the demi-squad out of the action, but that would seem unnecessary here.

If the kroot squads are small we can also forgo spending cohesion.

@Blackthorn Demi-squad Primus

Helgrim will have some choice words for the chapel troopers before charging in, both of his melee weapons drawn for maximum heretic punishment. Assuming, of course, that they don't throw down their arms. Will wait for the response to Tyber's demands.

Or he'll just follow Tyber's orders, throw a grenade and take cover.

Edited by Necronaut

@Demi-Squad Tertius: Solza, Pyke, Atratus

A few options here - concentrate on one unit or split fire (hard to judge without knowing their magnitudes) and one of two optional attack patterns:

1) Furious charge: if we want to pile in this is the action. Atratus can turn this into two attacks via assassin strike and Pyke can use it to get into ideal firing range. Always a good one to have paid-off for future re-use

or 2) For a hefty cost in cohesion Atratus can use the Raptor pattern 'hit and run' to pull the demi-squad out of the action, but that would seem unnecessary here.

If the kroot squads are small we can also forgo spending cohesion.

Well if furious charge gives us the better position then I'd be silly not to... Shall we get waist high in kroot guts? My Chainsword has not tasted combat yet...

Just as a note - you have six cohesion, and bolter assault is already activated if that is an option for you.

I will be trying to get things finished (finally) today so you're all ready.

Edited by Commissar Molotov

Well if furious charge gives us the better position then I'd be silly not to... Shall we get waist high in kroot guts? My Chainsword has not tasted combat yet...

Works for me. Solza acts first so he would be best to call it (it is a free action).
I'll post something later today with Solza calling it and the subsequent rolls Edited by That Beyond the Light

I'll post something later today with Solza calling it and the subsequent rolls any particular content you wish to go into it?

I'll update the fluff of Atratus' action when Solza makes the call - from watching Varvost and Atratus spar onboard the station the odd routine of fighting amongst attacking servitors would make more sense to Solza now as Atratus seems to weave a path between the kroot that leaves no opening in his defense despite the numbers.

Solza would be familiar with Blackthorns recent deployment against the Tyranids and aboard a hive ship. If he had sparred with Atratus he would have found him competent but inexperienced (comparatively) in his swordsmanship, and maddeningly difficult to pin down - favouring speed over brute force.

For your own action you may also wish to co-ordinate with the fire of Pyke (Ancient Sobek).

I'll post something later today with Solza calling it and the subsequent rolls any particular content you wish to go into it?

I'll update the fluff of Atratus' action when Solza makes the call - from watching Varvost and Atratus spar onboard the station the odd routine of fighting amongst attacking servitors would make more sense to Solza now as Atratus seems to weave a path between the kroot that leaves no opening in his defense despite the numbers.

Solza would be familiar with Blackthorns recent deployment against the Tyranids and aboard a hive ship. If he had sparred with Atratus he would have found him competent but inexperienced (comparatively) in his swordsmanship, and maddeningly difficult to pin down - favouring speed over brute force.

For your own action you may also wish to co-ordinate with the fire of Pyke (Ancient Sobek).

With furious charge will we make the distance to the hordes? I'd obviously take horde 2 on as you are taking horde 1. Then I presume Pyke would be bbq'ing some dogs?

With furious charge will we make the distance to the hordes? I'd obviously take horde 2 on as you are taking horde 1. Then I presume Pyke would be bbq'ing some dogs?

I think the scale is 5m per square? Worst case scenario you get a charge move for free and then may make a complete full round action of your choice (and can drop to solo to burst of speed if desired, or open up with a full round of weapons fire).

Just had a thought, Achillion psychically checked for any presence on the vessel, if I'm not mistaken?

He did, with nothing showing up. But I guess there could still be threats in our way. Some things probably don't have much in the way of psychic 'presence' (mindless Servitors, etc?) or could be being masked in some way (perfidious xenos?).

Just had a thought, Achillion psychically checked for any presence on the vessel, if I'm not mistaken?

He did, with nothing showing up. But I guess there could still be threats in our way. Some things probably don't have much in the way of psychic 'presence' (mindless Servitors, etc?) or could be being masked in some way (perfidious xenos?).

....Tau don't have psychic signatures, do they?

....Tau don't have psychic signatures, do they?

Very weak ones I think, not sure if Achillon could detect those. Then again, I'm not sure why they would be hiding inside a ship like this to ambush some space marines investigating one of their own Imperium's ships...

Hi all,

I've updated initiative values for the Blackthorn fights. Apologies for the delay - I can't hold a candle to the blistering speed Mazer's currently putting out!

I will update a Round One on Monday afternoon.

Steel: The Blackthorn marines will be met by lasfire in response - clearly these troopers aren't expecting mercy at the hands of the Astartes!

Adesro: I don't seem to see a roll in your post - did you roll, or just forget? Either way, I'm happy to continue onward with Maladon having opened the door.

Blackthorn crew: Apologies for the delays. I've been stuck with very little computer access at home, and a computer at work that doesn't allow me to upload to IMGUR. This has stymied me somewhat. I've got an hour free at work today so will be trying to sort things so you all have access to maps and opposition and can therefore strategise appropriately.

Sorry it took me so long to reply to this. I just rolled at home and got an 8 and calculated the dos. I figured it would do the trick. I suppose I should be noting the roll results in my IC posts as well with an OOC tag. Do we roll on a bot somewhere or something that I am not aware of or is just self declared rolls sufficient?