[DW] Blackthorn and Swordhand: OOC Thread

Commissar Molotov

Petragor -

Per the Squad Mode rules on p.213 of the CRB, if you move more than 30m away from another squad member, you'll drop out of squad mode. I'd argue that as long as you're in squad mode when you declare your wrathful descent, you could probably get away with it. I wouldn't allow Wrathful Descent as part of a Bolter Assault because I wouldn't consider it a "successful charge" (and as you note, there's no melee attack) but rather a "charge move" (or "move as far as you would if you were charging.") With Assault Marines, it's tricky - you could certainly move into engagement range with a target and then when it gets to your turn you'd be free to use Lightning Attack. Obviously you miss out on the +20 from your charge.

Regarding Bolter Assault, yes - the bolter half of a combi-weapon can be utilised.

Very good points, I missed that re: activating on a Melee attack! :)

Just a thought, but BA does include throwing Grenades? A Frag would probably do more points of Mag Dam than a single Bolter Shot? (but doesn't have enough to penetrate the Stormraven's Armour, so no worry there!)

Very good points, I missed that re: activating on a Melee attack! :smile.:

Just a thought, but BA does include throwing Grenades? A Frag would probably do more points of Mag Dam than a single Bolter Shot? (but doesn't have enough to penetrate the Stormraven's Armour, so no worry there!)

It specifies Bolt weapons, so no, grenades are off the table unfortunately

Ah well, someone will get him in a minute! :D

Just noticed on the map, with Titus moving to behind the first crates on the platform and Achillion and Embe having moved south to beside the generator, Titus is only in Support Range of Argus. So if the Blood Raven moves more than 5m (1 more square) south this turn, Titus will drop out of Squad Mode.

Which isn't a big deal, but in Round 3 someone else will have to call for Bolter Assault? :tu:

Will Vorr be in range to throw a frag grenade at the Grots then move into cover from the crates so that his full action will be to aim and fire his multimelta at one of the Kans?

Damn, that's my fault. Just looked back at the core book size tables, I'd read Human and Eldar as Average(+0) and then Ork on the next line down as Hulking(+10)... but it's not. An Ork Nob is +10.

Several hours in the Pain Glove for me! :D

Just as a note, I'm still working on the post (during work) but normally I'm happy to roll dodges for characters, rather than waiting 24 hours or so for a post. (In Vorr's case, it's because I agreed with Reyner to roll his dice.) Some posters, such as A.T. and Steel Company, will sometimes put pre-emptive rolls into their posts for dodges, although they don't always get used. Certainly when close combat starts it can be an issue.

Regarding the Gretchin, normally you can't dodge attacks from a horde, due to the amount of firepower. I will just say that this is not going to be a particularly powerful attack (and you're probably going to gain cover, as you mentioned.)

If someone doesn't mind double-checking my latest post, I'd appreciate it. I'm not sure if I got the Righteous Fury rules correct.

Umm, I’m not sure you applied Semi-Auto correct. You only get extra hits with 2 degrees of success or more, and you only barely passed the shot

If someone doesn't mind double-checking my latest post, I'd appreciate it. I'm not sure if I got the Righteous Fury rules correct.

Umm, I’m not sure you applied Semi-Auto correct. You only get extra hits with 2 degrees of success or more, and you only barely passed the shot

The extra damage is coming from the righteous fury, not the semi-auto