[DW] Blackthorn and Swordhand: OOC Thread

Commissar Molotov

My aim is to update and give you all a bit more to work with. Unfortunately, Mojake has contacted me and explained that real life circumstances are severely limiting the amount of time he can devote to the game. As a result we're quite limited in terms of Swordhand players posting (currently about 4/10 regularly, 6/10 sporadically) and that's limiting some of the plotlines. I will be curtailing some of what I had planned and it's possible that I will be reuniting the two Kill-Teams sooner than I originally planned in order to move things on.

So I had to go and google the "Big Red Button" to find out what it was. I think my interpretation of Ork "kultur" would be a little more nuanced than that - there isn't necessarily "a" big red button on the Slagjaw, but it is certainly the case that Ork Meks cannot help themselves from modifying the vessels they salvage, and invariably that manifests in the Ork desire to make things "shootier" and "fasta".

I don't think you need to roll - perhaps this is an opportunity to provide some backstory from Embe's service in the fleet. As Apologist has mentioned in his most recent post, the Orks are one of the most endemic threats in the galaxy, and almost all of you would have had extensive experience fighting against them.

My thoughts are that a Techmarine in the service of the Deathwatch must be relatively flexible and adaptable, given the unusual situations they find themselves in..!

They can always beg Chaplain Helgrim for forgiveness later!

I figure most Tech Adepts would be quite satisfied with the idea, to take something that had been corrupted and turn it back to a righteous purpose, the destruction of those that corrupted it in the first place.

Less tech-heresy and more poet-tech justice... :P

Would we need to do any rolls of any kind to move the Servitor over or turn the generator into a bomb? (Given that it's Ork tech, I'm guessing the line between the two isn't far anyway! :D)