[DW] Blackthorn and Swordhand: OOC Thread

Commissar Molotov

:tu:

Just a thought, I was originally thinking to have the Servitor aim to get the lander into the hangar before blowing up inside, but Reyner/Mol made a good point about instead damaging other vital systems elsewhere on the hull? Engines, weapons, etc? Maybe Embe might be able to use his knowledge of voidcraft to pick a better target to bomb?

Also, can Maladon disable any flying safety protocols that the Servitor might have? Maybe its vox unit as well? It's supposed to be pretending to be an Ork pilot, so we don't want it getting to a thousand metres away from the Cruiser and stopping to politely ask for permission to dock... :lol:

It is my dream to one day GM an all-Ork campaign using heavily modified Black Crusade rules or similar.

Edit: or play a game of Black Crusade as a corrupted Ork. Or implement my other campaign idea which I have been incubating off and on for a few years and may post up here in the near future! :Ph34r:

Edited by Necronaut

It is my dream to one day GM an all-Ork campaign using heavily modified Black Crusade rules or similar.

Edit: or play a game of Black Crusade as a corrupted Ork. Or implement my other campaign idea which I have been incubating off and on for a few years and may post up here in the near future! :Ph34r:

FFG’s Rogue Trader has rules for Ork player characters, though the system itself can be a little strange compared to the others.

Edited by Petragor

FFG’s Rogue Trader has rules for Ork player characters, though the system itself can be a little strange compared to the others.

Ork characters and gear - into the storm (freebooter, commando, mekboy)

Ork ships and upgrades - battlefleet koronus

Ork kustom blasta and mekboy upgrades - hostile acquisitions

(mega-armour and a few other odds and ends are hidden in the deathwatch mark of the xenos book).

Orks being Orks i'd imagine it playing like a chaotic, destructive, and rather inept deathwatch game. The cohesion and attack/defense patterns are probably quite suitable for them.

Ork characters and gear - into the storm (freebooter, commando, mekboy)

Ork ships and upgrades - battlefleet koronus

Ork kustom blasta and mekboy upgrades - hostile acquisitions

(mega-armour and a few other odds and ends are hidden in the deathwatch mark of the xenos book).

Orks being Orks i'd imagine it playing like a chaotic, destructive, and rather inept deathwatch game. The cohesion and attack/defense patterns are probably quite suitable for them.

I would certainly use the aforementioned books as a starting point. The infamy/corruption system from Black Crusade is one that continues to fascinate me, and I'd probably kludge together something that follows the model but is decidedly more orky (Teef & WAAAGH!!! replacing infamy and corruption perhaps), and ends up with alignment towards/perks associated with Gork and Mork. Overall gameplay would ideally be fairly rules-light, and generally zany and chaotic, but I can't help myself sometimes when it comes to playing with systems so we'll see. I might start a separate R&D thread (or maybe just a google doc) to capture some of this and solicit feedback should I start putting the pieces together.

Cheers for the kind words, I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Everyone puts a lot of effort in and then the bar just keeps going up.  It's really interesting to read the blend of styles and characters.

Will be interesting to see what you guys get up to next!

@ Lysi:

SOON..!

Edited by Mazer Rackham