Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[DW] Blackthorn and Swordhand: OOC Thread

Deathwatch RPG Fantasy Flight Blackthorn

• Please log in to reply
7394 replies to this topic

Petragor

Petragor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 672 posts
  • Faction: Adeptus Mechanicus

Work has been hectic for me but I will work on an update today, starting on Blackthorn.

Sword has been in the spotlight a while, looking forward to see what you get up to

Xin Ceithan

Xin Ceithan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,027 posts
  • Faction: The Obsidian Coil, XXth Legio

I had a blast reading up on the renewed adventures of Swordhand this week and it is always nice to see something from Akkad.

Great work all around! 

Life is keeping us pretty busy, so I am afraid I won‘t be able contribute for some time. Well, I haven‘t given up hope yet…

• Commissar Molotov, Mazer Rackham, Machine God and 1 other like this
Call_of_Chaos_7_Banner_01c.jpgCall_of_Chaos_9_Banner_01b.jpg

Petragor

Petragor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 672 posts
Well, the weekend has come once again. Has life been treating you all well?
  • Lysimachus, Mazer Rackham and Xin Ceithan like this

That Beyond the Light

That Beyond the Light

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 202 posts

Well, the weekend has come once again. Has life been treating you all well?

Apart from RSI in my wrist (insert jokes here ....) Very well. Managed to finish the build element of my Smashbash22 entry.
Hope yours was/is very good too 👍

Edited by That Beyond the Light, 13 March 2022 - 05:17 PM.

• Lysimachus, Mazer Rackham, Xin Ceithan and 1 other like this

Steel Company

Steel Company

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,178 posts
My son turned nine on Sunday, so pretty good.
  • Mazer Rackham, Machine God, Xin Ceithan and 2 others like this
To all you Space Wolf Players... Its called a Razor and the Soap isn't a Daemon.
--Dremen

The Iron Hands, they are the real emo marines. Seriously. The Dark Angels aren't the ones who sit around cutting off bits of themselves, wearing black, and complaining about weakness and ennui...

--Octavulg

Commissar Molotov

Commissar Molotov

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8,274 posts
  • Faction: The Castigators
Apologies guys - as Petragor said, I look up and it's the weekend! Work has been hectic here and I've not had a free time. I'm having to rework and rewrite things to accommodate missing players, but I'm keen to try to get things going.

Please bear with!
  • Steel Company, Reyner, Mazer Rackham and 2 others like this
Check out my Deathwatch Roleplaying Game:
QUOTE (voi shet magir @ May 31 2011, 05:38 AM) 
That is an unexpectedly strong assertion from a dead person.

Steel Company

Steel Company

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,178 posts

No problem CM, thanks for keep us in the loop.

• Mazer Rackham, Petragor and That Beyond the Light like this
To all you Space Wolf Players... Its called a Razor and the Soap isn't a Daemon.
--Dremen

The Iron Hands, they are the real emo marines. Seriously. The Dark Angels aren't the ones who sit around cutting off bits of themselves, wearing black, and complaining about weakness and ennui...

--Octavulg

Brother Argent

Brother Argent

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,090 posts

Insert bit chomping horse .gif here...

• Mazer Rackham likes this

Mazer Rackham

Mazer Rackham

++ SCLOPETATOR SIMULAMINIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 4,683 posts

Control that Nag before Sabaan renders it into glue, sir!

biggrin.png

• Reyner and Machine God like this

My non-40K book about railguns and powered armour is available: The Ares Gambit.  |  My grimdark non-40k book about maniacs with jetpacks and assault rifles: Children of The Glyph.  |  My non-grimdark Kids' book is also out now: The Knitted Knomes.  |  Life on Mars meets Action Man Novellas: Wings of Azhov, Tides of Azhov and Warlord of Azhov.

COMING 2022/23: Alternative Historical Fantasy: War Mages - SharpshooterCOMING 2023/24: Noughties-based Urban Thriller: Only Bloody Money

Endless War on a Doomed World, B&C Collaborative Story Project: 'Ere Gehenna Comes.

Petragor

Petragor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 672 posts
Hey gang, just doing another weekend check-in, making sure everyone is alright. I hope that Life isn’t being too tough on you!
  • Mazer Rackham and Xin Ceithan like this

Brother Argent

Brother Argent

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,090 posts

Well three of my five kids just tested positive for Covid... so thats fun.  My wife and I and my other two are fine so far...  Unfortunately two of my boys, including one of the positive ones, is due for long awaited surgery in two weeks.  So hopefully he has a speedy recovery.  Luckily the latest strain isn't as bad as previous ones and everyone in my family that can be is double vaxxed so thats at least something.

On more relevant notes, really looking forward to some life here.  Palan is more lost then ever and needs to shepherded back onto the path...

• Mazer Rackham, Xin Ceithan and Necronaut like this

Necronaut

Necronaut

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,094 posts
What is with all of these battle-brothers in spiritual crises or with tragic backstories? It's like you guys want Helgrim to actually do work or something! Unbelievable! (Kidding of course)

Mazer Rackham

Mazer Rackham

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 4,683 posts

Well it's either do your job, or sit through angsty teen dramas.  We all know how that ends.

Helgrim: *Watches repeats of Beverly Hills 902.M.10*

Teen girl:  "I don't know what to do, mom!"

Helgrim: +DON'T MARRY HIM MELANIE!+

• Xin Ceithan and Necronaut like this

My non-40K book about railguns and powered armour is available: The Ares Gambit.  |  My grimdark non-40k book about maniacs with jetpacks and assault rifles: Children of The Glyph.  |  My non-grimdark Kids' book is also out now: The Knitted Knomes.  |  Life on Mars meets Action Man Novellas: Wings of Azhov, Tides of Azhov and Warlord of Azhov.

COMING 2022/23: Alternative Historical Fantasy: War Mages - SharpshooterCOMING 2023/24: Noughties-based Urban Thriller: Only Bloody Money

Endless War on a Doomed World, B&C Collaborative Story Project: 'Ere Gehenna Comes.

Necronaut

Necronaut

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,094 posts
Warboss Gorbazz Dakkafist: *Watches repeats of Beverly Hills 902.M.10*
Teen girl: "I don't know what to do, mom!"
Warboss Gorbazz Dakkafist: "I don' get it, Zorga. Why doez Melanie not krump dat sneaky git when 'ez turned 'round and snatch 'iz teef?"
Zorga: "Itz coz she'z in wuv wif 'im, boss!"
Warboss Gorbazz Dakkafist: "DIZ KONCEPT OF WUV CONFUSEZ AN' INFURI- INFURIA- UH MAKEZ ME PROPPA MAD!"
Warboss Gorbazz Dakkafist: *smashes television set and storms off*
Zorga: <sighs> "Now we'z nevah gunna know wot 'appenz ta Melanie da humie."

Xin Ceithan

Xin Ceithan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,027 posts
  • Faction: The Obsidian Coil, XXth Legio

The line of thought that an  orkish telly-wishuun thing might actually catch one of the tv broadcast spammed  into space in the 20th century thousand of years is almost hard sci fi clearly cements my nerdiness :) 

Since everyone  and their dog managed to catch COVID or be quarantined for it over the last two weeks in my department - I am just totally lucked out just by not being at work today!! 

• Mazer Rackham and Necronaut like this
Call_of_Chaos_7_Banner_01c.jpgCall_of_Chaos_9_Banner_01b.jpg

Necronaut

Necronaut

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,094 posts
@Xin, I was riffing on a Futurama episode in which that exact scenario occurs!

Mazer Rackham

Mazer Rackham

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 4,683 posts

A very fascinating commentary on Orkoid behaviours indeed...

Spoiler

So how are those local Kill Teams doing then?

• Xin Ceithan likes this

Steel Company

Steel Company

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,178 posts
Things are going okay for me, heading into week 1 of a 2 week springbreak for my kids.

As for things here, Tyber is still very conflicted with the new squad mates.

Edited by Steel Company, 19 March 2022 - 06:48 PM.

--Dremen

--Octavulg

Petragor

Petragor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 672 posts
Hey Y’all

Just wanted to let you know, I’m starting on a big two-week project tomorrow. It’s gonna be a lot of work, so I may not have a lot if energy left over for posting if that becomes neccessary.

Thankfully Swordhand won’t be in action for a bit, but just know that I may be a little slow to respond to any Group inquiries.
  • Mazer Rackham, Xin Ceithan, Necronaut and 1 other like this

Mazer Rackham

Mazer Rackham

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 4,683 posts

Hey Y’all

Just wanted to let you know, I’m starting on a big two-week project tomorrow. It’s gonna be a lot of work, so I may not have a lot if energy left over for posting if that becomes neccessary.

Thankfully Swordhand won’t be in action for a bit, but just know that I may be a little slow to respond to any Group inquiries.

Good luck with it dude. thumbsup.gif

• Petragor likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Deathwatch, RPG, Fantasy Flight, Blackthorn

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users