Deathwatch - the other guys

A little more heresy because I like triggering insecure fanbois who start foaming at the mouth when someone even says "female space marines"... lol

Houquet et Rose from Mospeada

white_scars__by_kasumidoll-dcb77fd.jpg

Hakurei Reimu from Touhou

blood_angels__by_kasumidoll-dcb77ie.jpg

Yen Press translates the female protagonist's name as "Holo"- 1d4chan's article on the character once stated "horo" is the Finnish word for "female dog," necessitating the change when the series was adapted to a North American audience. (FYI, Miyazaki's 'Castle in the Sky' received a similar treatment because "la puta" means "the whore" in Spanish.)

Yen Press translates the female protagonist's name as "Holo"- 1d4chan's article on the character once stated "horo" is the Finnish word for "female dog," necessitating the change when the series was adapted to a North American audience. (FYI, Miyazaki's 'Castle in the Sky' received a similar treatment because "la puta" means "the whore" in Spanish.)

Iirc, the kanji or Katakana for her name even is done in the manner that shows it was always intended as Holo.

Also, thank you Bjorn for bringing that up. I wanted to, but felt I shouldn't have :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

Watch Master Edgar Macleod from the Storm Wardens chapter.

deatwatch_watch_master_by_kasumidoll-dcd

Librarian from the Red Hunters chapter

deathwatch_librarian_by_kasumidoll-dcdxh

And with that, I have actually completed an entire army.

Watch Master

Librarian (force staff)

Chaplain (SB)

Kill Team 1 - sgt (SB/PS), 4x vet (PS), 1x vet (frag cannon) in a Razorback with TL assault cannon

Kill Team 2 - sgt (SB/PS), 4x vet (PS), 1x vet (frag cannon) in a Razorback with TL assault cannon

Kill Team 3 - sgt (SB/PS), 4x vet (PS), 1x vet (frag cannon) in a Razorback with TL assault cannon

Vanguard Team - sgt (PP/PA), 6x vet (PS)

Terminator Team - sgt (PF/MM, SB), 3x term (PF/SB), 1x term (PF/SB/ML)

Land Raider (HK)

Comes out to exactly 2000 points. What do I do now?

Is that a pony from 'My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic' on the Red Hunters Librarian's banner?

I love the beer stein on Watch Master Macleod's banner, but it seems out-of-character for a "serious business" Space Marine. Is he meant to be a joke character, i.e., a Ciaphas Cain to the average Deathwatch member's Ibram Gaunt- someone who destroys a Genestealer cult while "drunk driving" a Baneblade over the cult's underground headquarters, whooping with joy as the superheavy tank's mass makes it sink into the ground and crush said headquarters, drunkenly stumbling out the Baneblade and killing the Genestealer Patriarch when he trips and accidentally fires his pistol?

Yes! I also forgot to write on his banner, so I went back and added BRONY on his banner. The stein is one of many little jokes I snuck into the deathwatch. The terminator sergeant's banner has the Tauri symbol from Stargate.

Toying with expanding my DW to include 3 more kill teams:

Kill Team 4 - sgt (SB/SS), 1x vet (SB/SS), 2x vet (frag cannon), 4x vet (SB/CS), 1x terminator (SB/PF), 1x vanguard (2 CS)

Kill Team 5 - sgt (SB/SS), 1x vet (SB/SS), 2x vet (frag cannon), 4x vet (SB/CS), 1x terminator (SB/PF), 1x vanguard (2 CS)

Primaris Kill Team - 5x intercessor (stalker bolt rifles), 4x hellblasters, 1x aggressor (boltstorm/frag)

The primaris team will also have options for 6x intercessors, 2 reivers, 2 aggressors or 5 intercessors, 1 inceptor, 4x aggressors depending on what I need.

• 4 months later...

And primaris happened

Intercessors

Knights of Dorn, Brotherhood of a Thousand, Brazen Skulls, Dark Eagles, Victors

deathwatch_intercessors_01_by_kasumidolldeathwatch_intercessors_02_by_kasumidoll

Hellblasters

Castellans of the Rift, Fulminators, Sky Sentinels, Fire Lords, Emperor's Shields

deathwatch_hellblasters_01_by_kasumidolldeathwatch_hellblasters_02_by_kasumidoll

I love the orange on the Hellblasters.

Damn it, now I don't know if I want to go with blue, green or orange for my the plasma on my Deathwatch, or if I should go another colour :lol: 'cause that orange looks GOOD on those guys.

I love the orange on the Hellblasters.

Damn it, now I don't know if I want to go with blue, green or orange for my the plasma on my Deathwatch, or if I should go another colour :laugh.: 'cause that orange looks GOOD on those guys.

I think the orange looks more menacing

• 4 months later...

Agressors

- Iron Champions

- Liberators

- Death Specters

deathwatch_aggressors_01_by_kasumidoll_ddeathwatch_aggressors_02_by_kasumidoll_d

This gives me a variety of primaris for my Fortis Kill Team. The standard I plan for is 5x intercessor, 4x hellblaster, 1x aggressor. The secondary is 2x reiver, 2x aggressor, 4x hellblaster, 2x intercessor split into two demi-squads.

I have 2 other squads I want to make but I don't know when I can afford them since I have had no commissions yet this year :sad.: