Latest Dark Angels FAQ

Trunkello

Hi guys. As you know the latest FAQ cured the Speed of the Raven strategem. (somewhat. we still have to guess that heavy weapons suffer a -1 to hit). But it did not adress the majority of the questions. My biggest hurt is that as of RAW after the FAQ, Venerable Dreadnoughts do not have the Deathwing keyword anymore and can only get it with a strategem. So Dark Angels no longer have any unique dreadnoughts.

If you know any more rules that didnt make it from the index to the codex wich should have made it, or any other rule that was worded badly and could be interpreted multiple ways please let me know.

The one that bugs me is that a DA Librarian is 8pl whilst the Grand Master of the librarians is 7. It’s an obvious typo why not fix it.

That FAQ feels really incomplete.

I'd also really like them to add a Libby on bike entry. Not having it codified in the codex makes me nervous the current method of using him is going to change midstream.

I was going to say to how I have been working on a Librarian-on-bike conversion and feel quite confident based on the designers' commentary chart, but it now appears they've removed this document from the community site. The document they have doesn't appear to have the chart anymore. So now I'm nervous too!

Edit: The new FAQ section they added does indeed have it, my mistake. I am very confident in making a librarian on bike, and so can you!

I'd also really like them to add a Libby on bike entry. Not having it codified in the codex makes me nervous the current method of using him is going to change midstream.

I was going to say to how I have been working on a Librarian-on-bike conversion and feel quite confident based on the designers' commentary chart, but it now appears they've removed this document from the community site. The document they have doesn't appear to have the chart anymore. So now I'm nervous too!

Don't know what you are talking about, it's still there. (damn, i was late^^)

Back to topic: I'm still wondering how a enemy unit can charge you between your psychic phase and the end of your turn after it has been effectet by mind worm.

I think that's a reasonable fear.  GW is pretty bad about creating situations like the one that the DA bike libby finds itself in, then making a sweeping change to something unrelated, with the unintended consequence that the model falls through the cracks, suddenly having no legal rules.  That's kind of what happened with eldar corsairs.  The FW xenos index only made rules for the basic unit represented by models sold on the website, NOT all of the units in 'Doom of Mymeara,' taking them from being a complete army to having 3 units that you could take in an eldar soup list, with the caveat that the corsairs units had none of the keywords needed to benefit from leader abilities, psychic powers, etc.   They weren't targeting corsairs players with any malice, but the decision to do the bare minimum with the index completely gutted the army.  So, yeah, the bike libby is on life support, and the power cord is stretched across a walkway at ankle height.

Speaking about powerlevel:

I just noticed the fact that 5 Intercessors are 5PL, the same as 5 tactical marines. I know it includes any options, but you just have twice the amount of wounds and attacks, which is odd.

Most of the FAQ makes sense. The codex was pretty clear about most things, save for the odd entry of the chapter champion and the poor wording on the stratagem. The units that don't have models are hopefully getting kits someday, but it may take some time. GW has been focussing on a lot of new stuff lately, with some revamps of Nurgle related models in-between to coincide with both the Death Guard and Demon's Codex, as well as AoS stuff they can do with the same unit. Those are 'easy' and safe sales. Just creating a Librarian or IC on a bike is probably a bit more difficult, especially the latter. The index suffices for now though and I'm not too worried going forward. GW have done well not invalidating models.

I could go for a reduction in CP on some of our stratagems

The ones that cost two are generally not worth spending two points on. The only one I feel is worth it, is Only In Death Does Duty End. The rest is good, but not 2CP good most of the time.

I mean most of the 2 CP strats are situationally good. Suspect scan can be great, as can intractable, or only in death. DW assault less so and the 3 CP attack again always feels like too much unless you had a big plan for it.

And putting 3 CP on Deathwing Assault That one should be free.

My belief is that the reason they are so expensive is that The Lion will Return and be able to regenerate 3 CP per turn

I agree it should be free for all Deathwing units, but that would actually make them semi decent.

I only wished they added Interceptor rule for Nephilim Jetfighter since I felt at the moment that Nephilim and Dark Talon compete for the same role, a role that Dark Talon has an advantage imho. Doesn't help that the fluff for Nephilim supposed to make them an interceptor. 

Alas no such thing. 

My complaints are basically that in this edition elite armies are usually crap. They could balance this by giving them special rules ( not a mess like in 7th but as chapter tactics style) to make them competitive.Horde armies are great by themselfes. Elites couls be great by rules. Or stats but that wont happen. So deathwing assault could be Deathwing tactic. You only get it with deepstrike and only one time. Thats not very broken. I also find sad that Dark Angels has no unique Dreadnoughts.

Auto shoot twice would be more broken then you think for alphanstrikes. It might be ok if you played pure DW because of lack of support. But when combined with other elements it would be super powerful. I think it just needed to be 1/2 cp instead of 2/3.

Archived