+BCC's 1st Legion of The Long War+

Hobby evening last night and thought I’d better paint at least one thing from the back log!

Slaanesh Exalted Champion. Formerly of the Violators chapter (I already have a full squad of Violators within my BL) as a Company Champion, he is now serving the BL.

This marks a hobby collecting point for my Black Legion as I now have all 4 of the dark gods represented within my collection. There is a Lord/hero choice & troop/elite etc unit dedicated to each god. Truly we are undivided!

85689C69 DACD 4262 9C5E 1CC7A82BC288

51DF6B65 8D17 49F7 A719 472AFDC5C4FC

Next week fingers crossed I will be adding a Daemon Prince to my collection, it’s sat waiting to be assembled!

BCC

Edited by battle captain corpus

I'm loving this guy BCC, the colours all mix together so well! Looking forward to seeing the Prince too. Is the classic Diaz or the newish plastic one?

Cheers TC! :)

It’s the new plastic version but I have the metal one somewhere as well I think!

BCC

Very nice, looking forward to seeing that!

I just Googled it but the plastic Prince model is 11 years old!! I was still in school when that came out! I almost spat my tea out when I read that, how time flies, eh? :wacko.:

Edited by battle captain corpus

The colours work really well together especially the crest - I did see you've uploaded him to your Justicars of Dorn gallery though :P The Daemon Prince is still good, it's a decent kit but the design is still great so he is a perfect fit to lead Chaos forces :) I enjoy doing mine, despite the magnetising and gap filling :P

Yes, the heads weren't my cup of tea either. The Defiler masks would be good replacements, also DE Talos/Chronos masks work great with only a little effort requiredfor further variety:

gallery_30308_10249_35103.jpg

With a mirror style finish this mask worked very well for my Slaaneshi Daemon Prince :)

Good thinking guys yes, I may even see if the older Diaz head can fit the “new” plastic version.

I like the mutated marine helm head to be honest, it fits nicely with the cracked power armour etc. I’ve been trying a newer technique for this type of living armour that’s multiple layers of stippling colour on to help blend it into the black. Then washes. It turned out great on the Lord so the daemon Prince and possessed will get that treatment next!

Cheers for the advice & kind words folks! Keep it coming!

BCC

Another Thursday and another hobby evening!

The plan was to assemble the Daemon Prince this evening but I was overcome with the urge to paint my possessed instead! So after much trim obviously I went onto stippling some built up red onto the warp forged arms. :biggrin.: 

CBDC882D 09EB 4AF2 ADF9 1E26B7D31E8D

28269EB9 8DCB 40F5 B78C F0C87DECCF35

They’re coming along nicely I think! I have some gaming coming up in a week or so and they will definitely be seeing some action! :thumbsup:

BCC

They fit the bill, the red works really well too. I think you'll have earned your Daemon Prince after them :P

Yes definitely! Though I use a lot of the Possessed parts in my collection already these chaps definitely “feel” more like the Possessed would be for me. Plus I have a banner to paint as well!

I cracked on a little more this morning and got the gold trim done on a handful as well. Little by little I’ll have them done by the end of the weekend I think.

I’m still toying with the idea of getting the new Abaddon…my conversion has served me terribly well/badly over the years and maybe it’s time for his retirement?…..we shall see. Suffice to say I’ll never be short of character choices anyway!

BCC

Really like that red! Should look nice and bold once you've got more colours on the models :tu: They will be suitably gribbly once done for sure.

You could always get the new Abaddon just as a show piece model? Go to town on him but never use him on the table. Best of both worlds! :D

@Arkannis: yes the red should pop nicely, I’ll give it a red shade to in the recesses to bring the colours together even more I think! Having the new Abaddon as a cabinet mini isn’t a bad idea either!

@WarriorFish: …Maloghurst & a daemon Prince were already my celebration minis for the hard work so far XD

Though I’ve looked back on it and my collection has blossomed considerably over the last 18 months. The real world issues have actually meant more hobby time for me and I’ll be very grateful for that!

BCC

Sat down this evening with the plan to finish my possessed…this turned out to actually mean I’d assemble a Daemon Prince apparently!

By far one of my favourite miniatures, I love this kit! The weight of options and cool weapons is just brilliant! If you’re ever on the fence about getting one I’d suggest just go for it!

FCA17C4A DAB8 4A97 A99F BF920A451F14

It was tempting to go for the two claws, rules wise especially, however that sword is truly too good not to use. Really looking forward to painting this guy and getting a backstory in place maybe to.

BCC

A very minor update: I found a little time just to pop a wash over the daemon mutations on my Possessed.

Helps bring the reds together nicely I think!

B11073BE E3D3 4F34 8286 9F696205C925

I really need to push to get these guys done ASAP as next week I’ve got a full day of gaming planned and I want them battle ready! That’s before I even think about the daemon Prince!

BCC

I agree, really comes together so you'll need to be getting more daemonic additions at this rate :tongue.:

Oh, demonic reinforcements? WB and BL coalition? :teehee:

No…you serve the 1st Legion or you’re our enemy! :biggrin.: 

I have some daemons somewhere to assemble. Though @WarriorFish I do think a daemon faction added on would be very cool. I have summoned daemons before with my Master Sorcerer and love the idea of it! Incredibly fluffy and yet another thing that separates us from the Throne Cursed loyalists!

BCC