Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

+BCC's 1st Legion of The Long War+ Khorne Chosen added!

black legion Abaddon Crimson Slaughter

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

battle captain corpus

battle captain corpus

++ CENTURIO COHORS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,885 posts
  • Faction: Black Legion

Excellent progress indeed, looking forward to seeing the Predator painted. I wish I could be as productive! tongue.png

Cheers buddy! Yeah I’m really looking forward to the Predator but weather here has been adverse for priming. But it’ll be ok soon I hope!

Some more Kromlech shoulder pads arrived today so a few more squads maybe in order!

BCC

BCC's Hobby Guide:
- Be Grim Dark not Grim Derp
- Hobby for 15 minutes a day
- Your miniatures are always the best painted in the room
- Game with your heart and don't care about losing
- Make sure your opponent is having fun 

GreaterChickenofTzeentch

GreaterChickenofTzeentch

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,269 posts

Nice conversions and posing. On the guys with the Achean Pattern helms (2 of them I think?), I'd like to imagine that they were salvaged after chopping off some Sorcerer's head and offering his flaming skull to Khorne. LOL.

• battle captain corpus likes this

battle captain corpus

battle captain corpus

++ CENTURIO COHORS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,885 posts
  • Faction: Black Legion

Nice conversions and posing. On the guys with the Achean Pattern helms (2 of them I think?), I'd like to imagine that they were salvaged after chopping off some Sorcerer's head and offering his flaming skull to Khorne. LOL.

That's certainly a great back story idea!

To be honest the helms are 3rd party bitz, from Maxmini. Sadly Maxmini don't exist anymore really and the Steam Knights helms (which these are I think? Or the Scifi Knights ones?huh.png ) are not available anymore. Maybe they will come back at some point who knows?

I missed my regular hobby night last night due to real world stuff so no huge progress on the Legion this week. Other projects have also got in the way but hey....hobby's hobby right?! whistlingW.gif

The painting desk is still looking hefty:

- 10 man Chaos Squad with bolt pistols & chainswords

- Rhino

- Predator

- Sorcerer

- 5 man Warp Talons squad

- 7 man Chosen Command Squad

- 5 man Terminator Squad

....and as I am a renowned hobby magpie/butterfly I'm sure that I will have more added to that soon! Weathers on the change here so priming wont be an issue any more fingers crossed. Games may even happen later this Summer and it will be great to see some of my new minis in action. The collection is far bigger than when I began 3 years ago and it has a nicer feel to be able to choose what to use rather than make do with what is done.

Long term I am planning a second Havoc unit with heavy bolters, another 2 squads of marines, a 3rd Rhino, another Predator and a Land Raider. Possibly a Defiler to....I'm not sure. I'm not a huge fan of the Daemon Engines in my BL with only Hellbrutes so far.I know that Prot & WarriorFish have success with them in their Black Legion & Renegades armies though....we'll see. ph34r.png

Happy Hobbying! woot.gif

BCC

BCC's Hobby Guide:
- Be Grim Dark not Grim Derp
- Hobby for 15 minutes a day
- Your miniatures are always the best painted in the room
- Game with your heart and don't care about losing
- Make sure your opponent is having fun 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: black legion, Abaddon, Crimson Slaughter

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users