+BCC's 1st Legion of The Long War+

Hey all!

So I've had a small 500 pts Black Legion force for a few years now and have decided to add to it. I have always loved the splinter factions and warbands that are attracted and amalgamated into the Black Legion through either force or fealty. To this end I have begun painting up some Crimson Slaughter units to add to my collection.
Beginning with some Terminators and the some Dreadnoughts, the idea is to bash these out to tabletop quality very quickly and then go from there.
Again, these are purely tabletop quality for me. I have a lovely weekend planned of gaming at Warhammer World the first week of Feb and want to take them to this.

Dude on the left is 30 mins work from dude on the right:

And finally some quick basing and I'll be looking at roughly 40 mins per mini:

Comments and critiques are most welcome obviously!

The right shoulder pad of all the minis will be Black Legion to show the have thrown in their lot to Abaddons cause.

Cheers!

BCC Edited by battle captain corpus

Looking good so far, I really like the head choice on the more progressed terminator. I feel like you need a spot colour or some more black in there at the minute though, as it seems quite the wall of red.

The Black Legionnaire looks smashing by the way.

@Pearson73: Many thanks bud! Yeah I was thinking a spot colour a blue or green would help, maybe on some lenses etc at some point. The heads and shoulder pads are from the Warriors of Chaos Chosen boxed set, a truly under-rated bits box of simply amazing Chaos parts!

Thanks also for the comments on the Legionnaire. They are a little more progressed than any of the Crimson Slaughter but still not quite perfect. I use a lot of Possessed bits in my Chaos as the standard marines I feel would have changed a lot over 10,000 years off service with the Black Legion!

Cheers again! :D

BCC

Green always stands out nicely from red so good be a good shout. I'll have to check out the Chosen kit, the Fantasy range has some great kits for bits.

I always like to sprinkle parts of the possessed kit around, do you have another thread for your Black Legion?

Sorcerer's looking good, though I feel he might need a little extra to make him stand out as a leader amongst the other terminators, maybe a cloak or a loincloth/tabard (which would help with the slightly weedy legs from the sculpt). 

I think maybe the chaos rune on his face/helmet could do to be picked out in another colour to make the detail really stand out (maybe do similar for the centre of the eye on the staff).

Sorry to sound so critical, but I think it would really take him to the next level as you've got such a solid base.

Keep up the good work!

• 5 weeks later...
So ...  my Black Legion force is actually now quite firmly outnumbered by the Crimson Slaughter contingent....thus the great gathering must begin again! :D

With this in mind I purchased some new shiny toys!

I am a firm believer in treat your current project as if its your last and that throwing yourself into doing what YOU want is always the best. Rule of cool and all that. ;)

The plan is to use the Chaos Marine squad and milk it down with enough bitz etc to get a full running/advancing squad out of it with bolters, another 5 man squad as Havocs and possibly another character.

Very excited by having the Chaos Dreadnought kit at last. I have 2 of the Dark Vengeance Dreadnoughts, and whilst they are very pretty I'm really happy to have the multi-kit now too. Though I do need to decide which loadout to take...

The Termy Lord may possibly become a generic Chaos Lord as I cant keep taking Abaddon (bless him!) and I like variety.

We shall see....

BCC

@EnsignJoker: I have Abaddon all finished and he's already had some outings!

@Soulhunter1995: fingers crossed I'll get a chance over next couple of days to kitbash up some of the squads!

Really enjoying Black Legion by ADB also, the follow up to Talon of Horus. Very inspiring characters and already have plans to now add some black and gold Rubicae to my collection!

BCC

Just also realised that I do have some pics on B&C that I've not popped into this thread (such as the "action" shot in my sig):

Abaddon, Lord of the First Legion of the Long War:

Since this pic old Abs has been snow based. Overall I'm not massively happy with him but the main colours are blocked and shaded so all good for now!

And bit of a mid-game snap shot of when my Sorceror summoned some Daemons to help!

BCC

Finally got around to some decent hobby time! :biggrin.:

A few pics of the Black Legion squad that I've been working on. The idea is that they are advancing instead the static marines look I have in another squad at the moment. I've been using Kromlech and Anvil Industries legs for a while now and they truly show up GW's offerings that's for sure. I have mixed in some of the older GW Assault Marine legs to add variety though.

The torso's are a mixture to of the GW Chaos Marine ones, generic armour marks from the loyalist tactical squad and the possessed sprue. Whilst I'm not a fan of the possessed as a unit in 8th I have always seen the boxed set as a superb mutation sprue!

Managed to get some arms on too, these three are (top left and front) close combat marines with chainswords and bolt pistols. Top right is the unit champion. Lucked out and found a Khorne Lord on Juggernaut that I'll be using for the Champions head eventually.

Lastly pics of the weapons I'm using too. Anvil Industries do these wonderful "Widowmaker" bolt pistols which I firmly place at top of the after market rankings. The "Ion Rfile" will be used as either melta gun or plasma gun depending on the list.
I hate that GW firmly wont progress the weapons etc for Chaos hence why mine now use looted new tech. :wink:

And that's it for now! Hope you all like the work so far!
Comments and Critiques are welcome as normal!

BCC