+BCC's 1st Legion of The Long War+

Excellent progress indeed, looking forward to seeing the Predator painted. I wish I could be as productive! :tongue.:

Cheers buddy! Yeah I’m really looking forward to the Predator but weather here has been adverse for priming. But it’ll be ok soon I hope!

Some more Kromlech shoulder pads arrived today so a few more squads maybe in order!

BCC

Nice conversions and posing. On the guys with the Achean Pattern helms (2 of them I think?), I'd like to imagine that they were salvaged after chopping off some Sorcerer's head and offering his flaming skull to Khorne. LOL.

That's certainly a great back story idea!

To be honest the helms are 3rd party bitz, from Maxmini. Sadly Maxmini don't exist anymore really and the Steam Knights helms (which these are I think? Or the Scifi Knights ones?:huh.: ) are not available anymore. Maybe they will come back at some point who knows?

I missed my regular hobby night last night due to real world stuff so no huge progress on the Legion this week. Other projects have also got in the way but hey....hobby's hobby right?! :whistling:

The painting desk is still looking hefty:

- 10 man Chaos Squad with bolt pistols & chainswords

- Rhino  Done as of March 5th!

- Predator

- Sorcerer

- 5 man Warp Talons squad

- 7 man Chosen Command Squad

- 5 man Terminator Squad

....and as I am a renowned hobby magpie/butterfly I'm sure that I will have more added to that soon! Weathers on the change here so priming wont be an issue any more fingers crossed. Games may even happen later this Summer and it will be great to see some of my new minis in action. The collection is far bigger than when I began 3 years ago and it has a nicer feel to be able to choose what to use rather than make do with what is done.

Long term I am planning a second Havoc unit with heavy bolters, another 2 squads of marines, a 3rd Rhino, another Predator and a Land Raider. Possibly a Defiler to....I'm not sure. I'm not a huge fan of the Daemon Engines in my BL with only Hellbrutes so far.I know that Prot & WarriorFish have success with them in their Black Legion & Renegades armies though....we'll see. :ph34r.:

Happy Hobbying! :woot:

BCC

Edited by battle captain corpus

....and that’s the second Rhino done! Nice and quick and fits with the rest of the force for now! I’ll definitely be adding a third but next it will be the Predator for sure! :biggrin.: 

E0FEC358 37DC 43D2 91E1 66068D26B22F

6EB5EDB7 2124 40FB 8B51 A282EF1463ED

You do forget though just how many spikes you’ve added then you hit the painting part! :wallbash:

But hey I think it came out ok and it fits in nicely! Onwards and upwards brothers for the Long War!

Happy Hobbying!

BCC

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I didn't see this earlier. It looks excellent and I personally struggle to find the motivation to paint Rhino's but this is really inspiring. Great job.

No need to apologise buddy, if it wasn’t for you over the years I wouldn’t be half as inspired to work on my Black Legion!

I’m finding a nice groove with Rhino based tanks at the moment, hopefully it won’t wane too much too soon though!

BCC

You do forget though just how many spikes you’ve added then you hit the painting part! :wallbash:

But hey I think it came out ok and it fits in nicely! Onwards and upwards brothers for the Long War!

I feel your pain, BCC. However, in the end it’s worth it. 

What’s next? Did you state you’d be working on a third rhino?

I feel your pain, BCC. However, in the end it’s worth it. 

What’s next? Did you state you’d be working on a third rhino?

As always real life has got in the way....but I am going to add at least one more Rhino! There’s a Predator sat on hobby bench awaiting priming to though.... and I received my biker bases today for my Khorne bikers unit I’ve wanted to add to...

BCC

• 1 month later...

At last paint has been applied! Behold brothers! The predator is finished!

1282CF23 47E5 412A 9FDF 1262771B938D

9E1DD174 FE3A 4925 8EC8 12C1F91A7EEF

Im really pleased with how this came out and the weathering is getting super quick to do now! The armoured elements of my collection are definitely boosted with the predator now!

DC3666C2 6497 47AF B256 38A0E7A557FE

71E3994D 5E15 40AF 9628 2D1A8EFDEE13

I still want to add a third rhino as well though. Then I can run purely mechanised lists. Longer term I’ll add another predator, land raider and a vindicator possibly.

BCC

Nicely done, the gold and weathering come together well as always. Really shows with the armour together, a good set of tanks to add to lists :tu:

Cheers WF! Yeah it pops nicely I think to! Looking forward to seeing it spread across more vehicles for sure.

I’ve been wondering about bikers for a while now to. A big unit of bikers with Khorne Berzerker heads and chainswords might be a nice addition I think!

BCC

Looking forward to seeing them - that does sound cool.  Any particular reason to give them berzerker heads, though?  Is it just to show they have the mark of khorne?

If you are going that route, you might want to pick up some of AoS khorne models for more detailed and varied heads - that might be a good way to set out the aspiring champion.

Looking forward to seeing them - that does sound cool. Any particular reason to give them berzerker heads, though? Is it just to show they have the mark of khorne?

If you are going that route, you might want to pick up some of AoS khorne models for more detailed and varied heads - that might be a good way to set out the aspiring champion.

I do have a fair amount of the AoS Khorne minis that I could loot from to be fair. Yeah the helms are going to be on them to show their dedication to Khorne. Maybe they’re a previous World Eaters unit that has thrown their lot in with Abaddon who knows?! Most of my collection is that for sure!

BCC

• 3 weeks later...

After much deliberation I decided to kitbash some possessed tonight! I’ve been putting off these guys as mostly every BL list/player has them. But the collection wouldn’t be complete without them so there we go!

B943DE86 6BB0 4781 BE39 A5374DB4ADD9

Popped in some WoC heads that were lying around and of course the ubiquitous Kromlech shoulder pads that I’ve now adopted as my BL ones! The squad wouldn’t be complete without a real icon bearer so I dug out an older banner as well. I was concerned that the age of the mutations sprue would show through but all in all I’m happy! 

BCC

Looking great! After something like 19 years that sprue still holds up.

Yeah I was worried for nothing it seems! Though the actual CSM box from that time has no banner/icon bearer parts but that’s easy enough to kitbash with bits from other boxes etc.

I do have the limited edition Chaos Possessed Champion to lead this contingent of my Black Legion so I’ll need him assembled at some point to.

I’m pretty sure if I paint my backlog I’ll be nudging 3000 points I think. Not that I’m getting many games in at the moment. Although next week that may change with some potential games and a meet up with friends on the cards!

BCC

You're going to be able to put a proper Marine horde on the table at this rate, that is going to be a lot for people to handle and will look great. Makes you all the more curious how it'll perform when the new codex and two Wounds comes...

That’s the idea WarriorFish definitely! Just cover the board with chaos marines and there’s no way they can kill us all right?! XD

I do have another 10 man troop unit to paint as well, they’re all bolt pistols & chainswords. I’m tempted by another 20 man squad as well (apparently I’ve forgotten how the last one broke me!) to really push the horde look! But until rumours die off/confirm about the potential changes in that front I’ll keep that as just a “temptation” for now.

BCC

I thought it’s about time that I took some army pics as it’s been a while since lol my collection was amassed.

This is all the painted units for now. There’s a good 4-5 units awaiting the tender brush strokes!

Im fiercely proud of these guys now…from what started as a fledgling 500 points force hastily thrown together they’ve quickly won my heart!

99CA27D9 B19E 482A 8C40 10259E2C15C2

C5428099 7B89 416E 920B AEDB0D518E17

DE4DBCF6 619E 47FD AED7 8A15760D5F40

4ECD874D 6773 4F56 BDEB C0BC6D0CEF12

966764C1 D278 4459 B53F 820BBA6E368A

BAFEF74F 45CE 4F7E BB2B 8FEA81B0BA36

C15DC3E2 E90D 4079 8726 5CC16B530DEC

E9EFCFF9 1510 4E45 9249 F75E933CF01F

065E4FA2 2358 4959 A614 DDE46472FB4E

E2987576 BCC4 4BCC 8672 D10DBBC42CD4

A63E791B A77E 4281 9151 5AC6B5F4850D

D2328424 CE6D 4F70 B18A DA35A7641DD7

CC01BDA0 8AD3 4525 A305 887C182FF42E

DD7636F3 06EB 4A3B A758 DC50F467427B

EF4F4C9A EF85 44CA 9FF4 FB53D9EFA0A9

I think additional shelving is needed pretty soon! It’s not until I took these pics that I realised just how big the collection was now becoming to be honest.

BCC

Edited by battle captain corpus

Looking great! After something like 19 years that sprue still holds up.

Yeah they really do. I wish they still sold them, they have great kitbash potential with the mk III and IV kits. Backpacks especially I wanted, apparently they are the ones for void combat. I wish they were online only made to order still. 

@WarriorFish: I don’t know about fancy case but thank you! XD

I’d love to see some Sunder army pics when you get a chance buddy!

@TrawlingCleaner: Thank you! Yes I wanted to really channel the 2nd edition vibe as much as possible as I’ve always said. I am blessed with a sprawling bitz box luckily which I raid for every unit.

I have an afternoon/evening of gaming this weekend which I’m really looking forward to! I’ll get a chance to use the units I’ve painted over the last year and it’ll see a different looking Black Legion army on the board for sure!

BCC