+++ Recreating Khorne Daemonkin for 8th Edition +++

Prot

This topic is for the Khorney players out there looking for an outlet to recreate their Khorne Daemonkin armies for 8th edition without mucking up the pure Khorne threads:

gallery_2760_11609_8934.jpg

+++ Khorne Daemonkin for 8th edition +++

+ As of this writing there is no official KDK army list anymore but 8th edition gives us a way to effectively recreate those lists, and that symbiotic relationship between Khornate Chaos and the Khornate Daemon Codex to effectively work as Khorne Daemonkin.

+ We have an 8th edition Chaos Space Marine Codex, Forgeworld units, and the (new) Chaos Daemons codex to draw from to create these lists. Although as of now there is no KDK Codex that doesn't mean there never will be one, but for now there are enough resources out there and mechanics in the game (keywords + detachments) to effectively recreate lists that would be worthy of the Blood God.

I’m essentially running this army (in spirit) as well. Pure daemons of Khorne could work, but I love my Berzerkers and HQs too mich to not use ‘em.

I’ve mentioned it in another thread, but I’m also including a battalion of Renegades for a few extra bodies and to net another 3CP for 170 points. Not bad. I just use CSM cultists in 3 units (set leadership and better BS, no stupid nonsense) and 2 renegade commanders because they’re so dang cheap, though mostly useless.

If I make these cultists World Eaters, can they benefit from buffs provided by WE characters in a WE detachment if they’re within range of auras?

So far I created a basic list that allows me to run Zerkers x 2 in Rhino's, a Champion/LT, a Lord on a horsey with all my Daemon fixings including 2 BT's, cannons/hounds, etc.

I don't think it will work, but you never know with being able to get a BT stuck in potentially on T1. At least I'll have 9 CP's.

I think as long as you DS a unit of bloodletters big enough to multi-charge turn 1 (with banner and musician) you can hopefully engage enough shooting units to keep the BT safe. A smart opponent could position chaff to reduce the effectiveness of this strategy.

I’m gonna drop 2 Dreadclaws with Berzerkers, 30 bloodletters, a Herald and a Daemon Prince (may or may not Let the prince start deployed). I hope that’s enough units to guarantee 2 or 3 successful charges.

Since I running Black Legion mostly, who benefits from every god and from Chaos Undivided (I hoped they impove Belakor, but they broke them into point of no return for him on the table  until the end of 8'th), I wanted to try two Bloodletters bombs with herold. Alond side with them it will be berzerkes with Exalted champion in Dreadclaw Droppod. And, of course, Abaddon with his terminators, but this time they will be with pair of lightning claws, so Khorne will be very pleased. 

For this I was forced to take many squads of cultsists on the ground of course, since I have nine squads in reserve, but still 11 command points, so it will be enough for a good drop

And I am thikning about warp talons with mark of khorne, who can benefit from Locus of Khorne. So they can catch those nasty overwatches. 

There really should be some benefit when your army is complete Khorne etc. regardless of the Khorne unit being Daemons or Astartes...

The awesome model range is the real benefit :tongue.: But I agree, it could have been cool to have the Blood Tithe table further developed. Though in reality I will not for one moment complain about the state of Khorne. As mentioned the mix of elite hitting Berzerkers and Bloodletter bombs being able to skullreap with the blink of an eye is pure awesomeness incarnate.

Lists and reviews will follow soon. Still have some other business to handle! 

Small impression from browsing the book the first time:

++ UNITS ++

- Bloodthirsters are all cool, still on the expensive side but not by way too much. I don't really know how they continue ending all up in 340 range. I do believe that the Wrath of Khorne Bloodthirster is the best allrounder but the Bloodthirster of Insensate Rage is now amazing against infantry units aswell. Those who would be the prime picks. If I had to re-cost them they wouldn't be much cheaper though, it's somewhere in the '10-20 points feeling a little too expensive'. As a general with Warlord Trait and Artefact their cost is certainly validated though.

- Skarbrand can be really cool but it's a pitty his Morale lock is now not guaranteed. On the other side, deep striking him means the bubble is easier to use in your advantage too. He seems allright but I don't think we actually have infantry who needs this or is cheap enough to totally go nuts with the additional attacks.

- Skulltaker and Karanak are useful as always. What is nice about them is the added Locus so all in all they only got better and there is more reason to include them. Skulltaker is actually a good character assassin too. 

- Bloodmaster, Skullmaster and Throne of Blood are all options. I think Blood and Skullmaster are the best choices still for cost. What remains a bit sad is that they can't stop Psykers or anything like that... Still good though.

- Daemon Prince, seems great when he's your chosen general. More on that in Artefacts and Warlord traits.

- Bloodletters are just great choices and the prime selling point for including Khorne Daemons for me. There is very little they can't do now. Keep in mind they are squishy but yeah this is exactly why I wished for a deep strike stratagem and we got that.

- Bloodcrushers are cool on datasheet but feel a little to expensive. For Daemon heavy armies I can see their benifits, for the mix less so.

- Fleshhounds remain a nice tool to deny the witches. Again for Daemon heavy armies I see their benifits being high, for the mix less so. 

- Skullcannons are relatively cheap HS choices and cheap is good for both CSM and Daemons. 

++Stratagems++

- Denizens of the Warp is amazing and what gives all Daemons a competitive edge in this book. Couldn't have asked for more.

- Daemonic Possession is an awesome way to punish Psykers. Situation will tell you if you want to use it.

- Warp Surge is another great reason to run with at least one massive blob of Bloodletters. Still costly but it can make the difference.

- Banner of Blood is amazing and what gives Khorne a competitive edge in this book.

- Frentic Bloodlust can be really cool if it's required.

In general though I think a lot of CP are spend before the battle due to Denizens of the Warp and Banner of Blood combinations. Quite frankly going this route is what makes us amazing in my opinion. What's important to keep in mind though is that by going this route our tactic obviously becomes predictable. Though as a Khorne player I couldn't care all to much because close combat is our home.

++Artefacts and Warlord Traits++

- Glory of Battle can be neat for Bloodthirsters/Daemon Princes.

- Devastating Blow can be neat for Daemonic Herald equivelants.

- Rage Incarnate seems amazing for Bloodthirsters.

- Armour of Scorn certainly is fluffy and seems fun too. Good for Bloodthirsters in my opinion.

- The Crimson Crown is unfortunatly not that amazing on the Bloodthirster but still can be used. Here Daemon Princes do benifit and in general it can be a great choice for Heralds too but I deem it unlikely a Herald will be the choice in 2K+ battles.

-  A'rgath and Skullreaver are fantastic choices for Heralds and Daemon Princes, but in particular I love the idea of a Daemon Prince holding Skullreaver. S10 is relevant enough and assumming the second part of the ability gained always applies makes him a legit terror. 

In general I'd say we have potent HQ choices like we should have because of these Artefacts and Traits. I think the most common advantage or worthy and easy to include general will be a Daemon Prince holding either blade. Alternatively Bloodthirsters are also a great choice with Rage Incarnate and one of the Artefacts.

I personally can't wait to field a mixed army again. I have no set plan yet but it's bound to be something something 2x 8-10 Berzerkers in Rhino's, 2x 20-30 Bloodletters and angry Khârn.

Bloodthirsters are all cool, still on the expensive side but not by way too much.

Just compare him to swarmlord, who, in many ways, cheaper. He have 4++ invulnarable and 3++ in melee. That is why he can survive long. 

And Thirster with 4++ invuln for artifact and 6+++ FNP is not that a big deal like 4 additional wounds. 

So I tested it a bit. Without rerolling 1's he can kill one and half heavy unit. If he can reach them (I play old Thirster, so he probably can) and enemy will not make his invulnarable save. 

Then enemy retreat (because he is not Scarbrand) and our big red is going to die fast from shooting and countercharge. 

. He seems allright but I don't think we actually have infantry who needs this or is cheap enough to totally go nuts with the additional attacks.

Not saying, that enemy melee units will be glad for this, while kill him even faster. But lettters around him with another attack in their pocket become even more deadlier and enemy is not going to run fast. 

Skulltaker is actually a good character assassin too. 

As I presume, he could reroll these 1's for letters . Now he just giving +1 to hit for them. But they already have it in numbers. So he is useful like this only if 11 of them die on overwatch or there is an enemy, who have -1 to hit in melee (Death guard, for example). 

And he is good character killer, if he will be able to make that long and is going to fight against 4-6 wound models. Big guys is not his league.

What remains a bit sad is that they can't stop Psykers or anything like that... Still good though.

Very cheap hq choice, cost 1 cp for deepstrike. And provide +1 str, so letters is going to wound toughness 3 on 2+ on their charge. Not saying about sourse of locus, but I still don't know, what is better - to roll 3 dices or just 1 for CP. Depends on situation. 

Daemon Prince, seems great when he's your chosen general. More on that in Artefacts and Warlord traits.

He is the only sourse of rerolls of 1's around here, so there is no choice, but taking him ofter, even without traits and artifacts (Khorne DP with axe, by the way, have 6 attacks on charge with str 9, so he is a killer even for a toughness 8 and can kill Leman Russ )

. Keep in mind they are squishy but yeah this is exactly why I wished for a deep strike stratagem and we got that.

The only problem is overwatch, They must charge and kill things fast, because they are going to run on morale, since, we probably, are not going to take Thirsters. 

Now their main enemy is 30 termogaunts with 90 shots. 

So at least 20-30 sixes can be provided. And since they wound on 3+ it is probably at least 7-8 letters can end up dead. They still hit on 2+, but we are going to lose more on morale. Just hope  for this roll of 1. 

Bloodcrushers are cool on datasheet but feel a little to expensive. For Daemon heavy armies I can see their benifits, for the mix less so.

At least these guys have chance to survive another turn and with big amounts of attack from each model they can be really deadly.

- Fleshhounds remain a nice tool to deny the witches. Again for Daemon heavy armies I see their benifits being high, for the mix less so. 

Can you tell about them and Karanak? Why we need them and what can they do? 

Skullcannons are relatively cheap HS choices and cheap is good for both CSM and Daemons. 

For Daemons, yes, for CSM 1 predator do more than 2 cannons. 

Warp Surge is another great reason to run with at least one massive blob of Bloodletters. Still costly but it can make the difference.

Hm... I didn't think to use on letter blob. Great idea. Use it on charge phaze and save more models. Or in fight phaze if powerful answer expected. 

What's important to keep in mind though is that by going this route our tactic obviously becomes predictable.

In a way, yes. 

But... we can wait with the drop until the third turn. And drop from different sides (behind, outflanking), so enemy just can't (only if he is just stand and shoot) to protect himself from all angles. And if he does, he do it with units, which is bloodletter's main target (large blobs of infantry). 

- The Crimson Crown is unfortunatly not that amazing on the Bloodthirster but still can be used. Here Daemon Princes do benifit and in general it can be a great choice for Heralds too but I deem it unlikely a Herald will be the choice in 2K+ battles.

Benefit any DAEMON KHORNE units. So just Crown in hands of Herold and two blobs of letters generate another attack on 6's! And these attacks can become 6's as well, so is going to have 2 damage. 

From 61 attack it will be probably 10 sixes. Another ten attacks on 2+. 

I think this is the best artifact. 

I personally can't wait to field a mixed army again.

I doubt that any daemon army can hold by themselfs against half of army lists. This is the weakest codex for my opinion with a few great options, but only in certain situation, but not in general. Units not get any good improve, like units of other codexes did. So they just for mixing them with CSM 

@Stross, certainly agree with the BT. Still would say it isn't so much that we can't field him. The one thing for me to give it less insentive is also the Warlord Traits and Artefact accesses we have. Better put most of the time we can go a little under the BT's damage output with a Daemon Prince with Skullreaver for a fraction of the price. As you mentioned the 8" Trait bubble here is most certainly better as nothing aswell. 

- The HQ general winner would likely still go to a Daemon Prince. I initially wanted to experiment more with the World Eater variant with Skullreaver but in practice I believe the differences arn't too massive and it's 'harder' to fill Daemons with efficient HQ slots as it is to fill CSM. There are also fans of the A'grath Artefact I've read but I really like the idea of finally being able to run a Daemon Prince with a massive axe and make sence of that ;) 

- What I like about Skulltaker and general cheaper HQ's in Daemons is that they are well cheap. Skulltaker has a reliable damage output and that's just nice. Plus he's able to hurt quite a lot. Same goes for Bloodletters. I agree with you that MEQ infantry is the prefered enemy but I think it's easy to overlook that Hellblades can do 2 damage aswell on wound rolls of 6's. I know I missed that before but in general I didn't look much into Daemons because summonning them as usual is only really available for armies who want to stand still (not World Eaters, Renegades and usually Khorne hehe).
- What I like about Karanak is quite simple. Two psycic power denials for a character that can easily walk alongside Rhinos and give you some bubble of messing with Psykers. The best part comes with his cost. A mear 70 points and a really easy and cheap way to fill HQ. Heralds as mentioned before are really neat to but expensive and deep striking them does soak up CP really quick.
- Offcoure there are also Heralds, which seem okay to me but as above I feel that the additional Strenght isn't really doing a lot here. This can offcourse change per lists because when we do factor in Strength bonuses on Daemonic Engines the impact becomes much more useful. So for a Lord of Skulls I would be more inclined to use them. Khorne unfortunatly doesn't have Flamers that work on model Strength yet, like Nurgel has. In a way it would have been awesome if the Skullcannon's strength could have been boosted too.

Typically speaking I will say that our CP will not be very high. You want to use some for the deep striking units for sure, this leads to some being left but I'd say usually round 2-ish. Then if you want to upgrade those blob icons to Blood Banners there is pretty much no CP left. I still love it though! 
The prime reason why I love Bloodletter Bombs is indeed the overwatch. Though as before I will experiment with units of say 18 and 24 aswell. 

Lastly I agree with you that mono-Daemons doesn't seem like an extremely strong contender at first sight. I do think they have the tools to be a great swarm army however. It just banks even harder on deepstriking the powerful units and leaving the cheap grunts on the table to start with. I think it might work out okay against medium to low shooting armies. As mentioned elsewhere too, I do not believe it stands any chance against ranged heavy armies. Here there is some additional value to Greater Daemons too as Morale survival becomes a much larger factor with larger horde-like armies.

In conclusion the mix is so great for me (and other Khorne players) because it allows Khorne players to remove their weakness. Assumming the player will mix World Eaters with them (I would, great combo) the advantage obtained is that acces is gained to cheap infantry that can deep strike and thus pinpoint to ranged offense or otherwise harmful infantry while World Eaters in Rhinos or Spartan form the second wave.
I must say I really like the Rhino now for that reason. I also think that going very light on ranged attacks is now fully possible. Offcourse if someone feels inclined to deep strike a Lord of Skulls this will be awesome too! The downside of this to me is that it still soaks up a lot of points. Yet without doubt is great. I would say that the most potent choices from Codex Daemons are their cheap HQ (100 and below), Daemon Prince general and very cheap Troop choices. It's here where I try to focus on when I'm making mixed Khorne lists.

Cheers,

By the way... I was thinking about giving daemon artifacts to a Daemon Prince of Heretic astartes. Nothing says we can't do this and CSM can provide Diabolic strenght, rerolls, Warptime and legion traits (renegade or alpha)

Great theoretical idea, looking forward to the lists soon too.

Had some brainstorming about that idea but also came to the conclusion that while it's 100% possible the Khorne Daemon Prince with Unstoppable Ferocity is not a bad plan, like ever. Plus it's arguably better as the World Eaters Legion Trait that only works on charges and not when you are charged.

Missing out on the DP bubble is one thing but in reality I don't really feel that Berzerkers need that bubble... like ever. So instead I'd rather focus a Daemon Prince to dance with tanks and the likes with Skullreaver and a guaranteed S11 A6 (for at least one round). Plus it can be very much argued that the Khorne Daemon Prince from the Daemon Codex will be capable to use his Locus to his own advantage more often...

So all in all in practice I deem the Khorne Chaos Daemon Prince more efficient as World Eater Daemon Prince of Khorne, all costs considered, Locus, Warlord Trait and Artefact attached.

So quick fun sketch up with the option to deep strike a Lord of Skulls:

Detachment 1: Khorne Daemons (2 HQ 3 TR)
- Bloodmaster (general, 8" bubble trait, sword artefact)
- Karanak
- 10 Bloodletters
- 20 Bloodletters I&I
- 20 Bloodletters I&I

Detachment 2: Khorne World Eaters (2 HQ 3 TR)
- Khârn
- Warpsmith with PA and CombiP
- 8 Berzerkers whole shebang
- Rhino 2x CombiB
- Rhino 2x CombiB
- Rhino 2x CombiB

Detachment 3:
- Lord of Skulls GSC & SH

1999/2000
9 CP

Seems like fun? What are you guys up to?

Alternatives to this are also to upgrade the Bloodmaster to a Khorde Daemon Prince with the Skullreaver and have double DakkaBrutes. This is cool to because it allows you to have more Bloodletters and Berzerkers. So the 10 go up to 20 and two of the Berzerker units go up to 10. 

Cheers,

Warpsmith with PA and CombiP

Why do you need warpsmith? It is better to take Exalted Champion for rerolling wounds. If enemy want to focus your rhino, he is going to kill it probably and this guy is not useful. And if you want to drop Lord of Skulls, he probably is not going to make it on foot. And put him in rhino then? Still not that good. 

And there is one problem. You have 3 units in your detachment of CSM, regardless of how much units sits inside Rhino's. And you drop, if I presume, two Letter Bombs, Karanak, Lord of Skulls and Blood master? 

And I would take a DP, because rerolling 1's for trait only when your herold will charged... is not that guarantied. 

For the rest I think it is really good. Later I am going to put my suggestion how to use those guys. 

Warpsmith with PA and CombiP

Why do you need warpsmith? It is better to take Exalted Champion for rerolling wounds. If enemy want to focus your rhino, he is going to kill it probably and this guy is not useful. And if you want to drop Lord of Skulls, he probably is not going to make it on foot. And put him in rhino then? Still not that good. 

And there is one problem. You have 3 units in your detachment of CSM, regardless of how much units sits inside Rhino's. And you drop, if I presume, two Letter Bombs, Karanak, Lord of Skulls and Blood master? 

And I would take a DP, because rerolling 1's for trait only when your herold will charged... is not that guarantied. 

For the rest I think it is really good. Later I am going to put my suggestion how to use those guys. 

No need for the Warpsmith whatsoever, though he can give the LoS a slap on the back. He's mostly there to be cheap. I agree that he's not that useful, he'll be in the Rhino.

Karanak just walks, no reason to deepstrike him. DP is really fun but the idea so far was to present a Lord of Skulls. Not really intending to do much with this idea until the book has it's FAQ and such...

In general this is just the first sketch up but Im looking forward to more!

far was to present a Lord of Skulls

He also need rerolls of 1 

The Lord of Skulls? Well, maby, but the costs attached to HQ ideally are kept to a minimum. Plus if I really wanted to he could get full re-rolls from Khârn. Which can also stick on his back or assist in melee etc.

Again though, I can't say it's the best option but it is an option. Deep striking a Lord of Skulls is simply said funny, not perse the most scariest thing out there because it isn't really correct to see the Lord of Skulls as an undercosted or cheaply costed piece to begin with :)

Back to things I do really like and want to test out more of are the Daemon Princes of Khorne. Especially with the Hellforged Arefacts as I feel A'grath and Skullreaver are amazing choices and the more I look at them and the deep striking potential with Daemon Princes the more I'm intrueged by this whole concept.

- A Daemon prince of Khorne with wings and Sword/Axe comes in at 180 points, which is indeed as much as a Leman Russ but can be quite easily deep striked and offcourse does benifit from all the character rules attached which is just wonderful. 

- One advantage of him without wings other than cost is also Power Level, so instead of spending 2CP to deep strike him there is still an option to do it for 1CP, which might or might not be better. Again really eager to figure it out.

- With these considerations taken into effect I think it's a very strong prospect to thake two, have two Arefacts and pay 312 or 360 for two Daemon Princes who both should be capable to cause some serious havoc upon their targets. A'grath is the more consistent output of the two but Skullreaver can do a lot more when dice are working for you. So all in all I'd say these two options are truely great. 

Offcourse the second choice then is, are wings required if you can deep strike? Or is 8" movement sufficient without it? I do really wonder and think that a 156 point deal for a DP is significantly easier to include as 180 but I'm looking forward to hear more experiences.

Lastly I can truely say we are blessed in the Artefact department this time. 

That erata was bound to happen lol ... I have been reading all thats been said (whilst working) and i recon the DS DP's could be a great way to inflict crucial damage to an enemy.

Pletny of other things to take into account as well, Bloodletters are great. Think ill go with a skull taker and DP to start with. Really dissapointed with the BT, love the model but the stats just dont mary up. 

Now that DS'ing an LOS is out of the question, will you still use it of go for dakkabrutes? any chance of a list?  

Well the funny thing is. We actually CAN deep strike the Lord of Skulls still because it has the Daemon Faction Keyword :biggrin.: 

So far Ive not found much of a reason for Dakkabrutes because wingless Daemon Princes with the splended Artefacts come in at 156 points and that's a bargain really for 7+ AP4 damage D6 or 3 attacks.

But Im still laughing at a deep striked Lord of Skulls :tongue.:

EDIT: No that got changed :D, no more Daemon Faction keyword for Lord of Skulls:

https://whc-cdn.games-workshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/warhammer_40000_chaos_space_marines_en-1.pdf

strange, I'm a bit confursed as to what effects moving Daemon from faction keyword to keyword will have. Have they made a mistake some how? 

I see your point with the dakka brutes ... so it would be better to take more DPs for rounghly the same cost lol. especially like you say dont give them wings and you can DS them for 1CP each. 

Exact! Daemon Princes with Artefacts and budget are now the new Maulerfiends ;) Plus they greatly benifit from the fact that they are characters so if you screen it well enough with sufficient Bloodletters opponents can't shoot them away either. It's here where maby the wings can still have a great use. On the other side I wouldn't worry too much about losing 156 points of models.

The models with the Faction Daemon Keyword that had it removed basically interacted really well with the deep strike stratagem Codex Daemons has. So now we can't deepstrike Death Guard Possessed or Lord of Skulls in addition to Mortarion, Magnus and other models with Keyword Daemon that don't have the Faction Daemon Keyword.

All in all I'm eyeballing the plastic Daemon Princes again because the 40k cooler Daemon Prince that I recalled was around with release of Codex CSM is gone again. Plastic conversions it is!

Awesome idea, don’t really need the wings for the front line princes, though 10 points is a fair price to pay for them.

Edit: Oh, I’m crazy. Don’t know why I thought it was only 10. Carry on, carry on...

So, I got inspired by this thread to try a Daemonkin-style list. I really want to try a Bloodthirster, though I know they aren't as cost-efficient as the 'Budgetthirster' Daemon Prince.

The idea is that the Bloodthirster starts on the table, surrounded by rhinos. My opponent is forced to choose between the big guy and three rhinos packed with bloody lunatics - and to make the choice harder, I'd probably pop the Warp Surge stratagem in my opponent's first shooting phase for a 3++ on the Bloodthirster. I'd have 5CPs to play with, so could keep this up for 2 turns if needed.

Edit: not sure if it wouldn't be better to just deep strike the Bloodthirster. I kind of want him there to tempt my opponent away from shooting up the rhinos, but that also risks losing him prematurely.

It's got a significant Bloodletter daemonbomb that can arrive in T1 and/or T2, plus a bit of shooting with the Oblits and Skull Cannon (I tried to squeeze another unit of Oblits in place of the cannon, but couldn't quite fit them).

Thoughts?

+++ 2000 World Eaters Daemonkin (Warhammer 40,000 8th Edition) [104 PL, 1994pts] +++

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (Chaos - Chaos Space Marines) [59 PL, 1108pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Legion: World Eaters

+ HQ +

Dark Apostle [5 PL, 76pts]: Bolt pistol, Mark of Khorne, Power maul

Exalted Champion [5 PL, 82pts]: Bolt pistol, Mark of Khorne, Power fist

+ Troops +

Khorne Berzerkers [9 PL, 174pts]: Icon of Wrath
. Berzerker Champion: Chainsword, Power fist
. 8x Chainsword and Chainaxe: 8x Chainaxe

Khorne Berzerkers [9 PL, 191pts]: Icon of Wrath
. 9x Chainsword and Chainaxe: 9x Chainaxe

+ Heavy Support +

Obliterators [10 PL, 195pts]: Mark of Khorne, 3x Obliterator

+ Dedicated Transport +

Chaos Rhino [4 PL, 72pts]: Combi-bolter, Mark of Khorne

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (Chaos - Daemons) [45 PL, 886pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Chaos Allegiance: Khorne

+ HQ +

Wrath of Khorne Bloodthirster [17 PL, 340pts]: Armour of Scorn, Axe of Khorne, Oblivious to Pain, Warlord

Bloodmaster [3 PL, 56pts]: Blade of Blood

+ Troops +

Bloodletters [8 PL, 165pts]: 19x Bloodletter, Bloodreaper, Daemonic Icon, Instrument of Chaos

Bloodletters [8 PL, 155pts]: 19x Bloodletter, Bloodreaper, Daemonic Icon

Bloodletters [4 PL, 70pts]: 9x Bloodletter, Bloodreaper

+ Heavy Support +

Skull Cannon [5 PL, 100pts]

Awesome idea, don’t really need the wings for the front line princes, though 10 points is a fair price to pay for them.

Edit: Oh, I’m crazy. Don’t know why I thought it was only 10. Carry on, carry on...

Yeah wings are a tad more expensive. 

I do think a Daemon Prince with the Artefacts are well worth the 156 every time though. Comming in cheaper as Khârn and while not as great at chopping away infantry I'd say the Daempon Princes certainly have an advantage into vehicles. Both sword and axe should easily be capable of dealing with those. Whilst targets can be more expensive and still die to the offense.

So, I got inspired by this thread to try a Daemonkin-style list. I really want to try a Bloodthirster, though I know they aren't as cost-efficient as the 'Budgetthirster' Daemon Prince.

Thoughts?

+++ 2000 World Eaters Daemonkin (Warhammer 40,000 8th Edition) [104 PL, 1994pts] +++

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (Chaos - Chaos Space Marines) [59 PL, 1108pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Legion: World Eaters

+ HQ +

Dark Apostle [5 PL, 76pts]: Bolt pistol, Mark of Khorne, Power maul

Exalted Champion [5 PL, 82pts]: Bolt pistol, Mark of Khorne, Power fist

+ Troops +

Khorne Berzerkers [9 PL, 191pts]: Icon of Wrath

. 9x Chainsword and Chainaxe: 9x Chainaxe

+ Heavy Support +

Obliterators [10 PL, 195pts]: Mark of Khorne, 3x Obliterator

+ Dedicated Transport +

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (Chaos - Daemons) [45 PL, 886pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Chaos Allegiance: Khorne

+ HQ +

Wrath of Khorne Bloodthirster [17 PL, 340pts]: Armour of Scorn, Axe of Khorne, Oblivious to Pain, Warlord

Bloodmaster [3 PL, 56pts]: Blade of Blood

+ Troops +

Bloodletters [8 PL, 165pts]: 19x Bloodletter, Bloodreaper, Daemonic Icon, Instrument of Chaos

Bloodletters [8 PL, 155pts]: 19x Bloodletter, Bloodreaper, Daemonic Icon

Bloodletters [4 PL, 70pts]: 9x Bloodletter, Bloodreaper

+ Heavy Support +

Skull Cannon [5 PL, 100pts]

Looks pretty cool to me! I think there is enough bang in this.

As you said (and as I will probably go aswell) double budget Prince is a real contender though. Clocking in cheaper as a single Bloodthirster when the Princes don't have wings I do think it's the "better" choice. They die easier but only in melee combat. At the same time it's nice to have Obliterators in there but I do feel 20 Bloodletters have what it thake to overcome overwatch and smash back in most cases. Otherwise there are sufficient Berzerkers to back them up.

All in all though I don't think you can go massively wrong with this list either way. It contains 3 units of Berzerkers and 3 units of Bloodletters which in itself is allready quite the power house. I hope to post a list later that contains this and 2 Artefact slinging Princes so we have 8 units for our opponent to truely worry about.

Archived