This Thursday on Warhammer TV...

Prot

Normally Warhammer TV has their pre-release 40K game on Friday, but this week it will be on Thursday. (Jan.18)

If you're able to tune in, please do so. They will be featuring shiny new Custodes vs shiny old Thousand Sons.

I doubt we will get a glimpse of new rules, but you never know.

If you are a subscriber, you can watch the recording, but for those of you who aren't, you'll have to catch it live.

I mean...dont they 'have" to give us some of the new rules as a prerequisite for running the battle report? 

i would presume showcasing both armies is the actual purpose of the battle report yes? 

I cant wait to see what we can glean, no scrying pools needed for this I imagine :tongue.:

Not a subscriber so I will have to l live vicariously! please gents share openly when you get info!!! lol

I have an account. Not so that I can watch re-runs, but it gives me the ability to use the chat. This is where I bug them about rules questions and problems with the codex. That's usually when they start ignoring me.... All you have to do is ask really dark, ugly, destructive questions like: Why is Ahriman on a disk not allowed to use his own aura?  (That kind of question is almost ban worthy).

So anyway I try to pry but I find they sometimes know less than I do (especially about rules).

Why is Ahriman on a disk not allowed to use his own aura?  (That kind of question is almost ban worthy).

................................................can confirm

You can confirm it's ban worthy? lol

The TS codex is ready they should just use new codex vs new codex but since they probably are pushing the Custodes more they might not use the new rules. Oh yes the very easily taken care of but completely ignored units on a disk aren't effected by thier own auras. It's the kind of stuff that makes me worried for our codex. Dumb rule, obvious mistake, never fixed or even acknolwedged.

The TS codex is ready they should just use new codex vs new codex but since they probably are pushing the Custodes more they might not use the new rules. Oh yes the very easily taken care of but completely ignored units on a disk aren't effected by thier own auras. It's the kind of stuff that makes me worried for our codex. Dumb rule, obvious mistake, never fixed or even acknolwedged.

They do use the new rules.

"Warhammer Community's Eddie pits his Thousand Sons (in a first-look preview of the new codex!) against Steve's Adeptus Custodes army."

It's written right there.

It'd be interesting if Custodes have the +1 Invuln and TS have the inverse -1 AP.

Oh THAT would be interesting indeed! Especially if All is Dust remains as it is...oh your AP 0 bolters now grant me +1 save...and your Lascannons are only AP 2...how quaint!

I have wondered if GW will change All is Dust to a flat +1 to saving throws or something to make the rule more useful in more cases.

I dont have Twitch but I have Amazon Prime so maybe I'll try and catch the game.

The way some people are talking, I am hoping that a custodes player will look at a grey knights player and think, 'why'd you bring a swarm army ?'

My expectations are all over the place, currently I just keep telling myself we are getting nothing but cut and paste from the codex, and a bunch of bow and arrow wielding goats. That way anything extra will blow my mind and I will be happy.

P.s. here's hoping the psyker dread riding a giant disk of tzeentch makes it into the dex.

Archived