Where to begin at 1k Deathwatch

infyrana

@Infyrana

Personally I’m not huge on Aggressors on their own but with Intercessors you can maximize and mix them with stuff like Inceptors.

Perhaps the Chapter Approved will have some good news there.

On Dreadnoughts in comparison; I have to confess I’ve come back to the quite a bit for basic heavy armour punch which the codex is weak on.

The codex is weak on efficient sources of it. A force with access to non-stop melta, heavy thunder hammers, land raiders, and blackstars theoretically shouldn't have any issues. But those are super expensive and unreliable. Perhaps CA will help there too :)

• 1 month later...

I spotted some back issues of Conquest in a shop earlier today, Primaris Librarian and Lt options were there, while I prefer non-primaris, are there good points to grabbing either in a vet heavy list or just if I liked the model?

I did finally bite and picked up a pack of mechanicus bases as I think they look very sweet for KT, but could I use the 65mm base for Dreads/Contemptor without concern?

Edited to reduce my queries.

I spotted some back issues of Conquest in a shop earlier today, Primaris Librarian and Lt options were there, while I prefer non-primaris, are there good points to grabbing either in a vet heavy list or just if I liked the model?

I did finally bite and picked up a pack of mechanicus bases as I think they look very sweet for KT, but could I use the 65mm base for Dreads/Contemptor without concern?

Edited to reduce my queries.

The Lieutenant will have to serve as a Captain or Sergeant, with the right weapon options added. I got one of the Conquest Lts from eBay and my plan is to run him as a Sarge.

Librarians are great, and unless you're married to the mobility of the jump pack Libby, you'll find success with the Primaris one. He's a bit more resilient, which certainly helps if you find yourself facing character killer weapons.

Archived