Is it all about the Poxwalkers?

Prot

It's an itc tournament. All the lists are rather optimized and unfluffy. Even the pure eldar and ba lists have eyeroll elements and only have troops to generate CP

Actually the pure BA list was very fluffy. ^^

Spamming min sized troops to farm cps for your two death stars doesn't make for a fluffy list. Or having half your units be characters. But it doesn't matter, because they're high end tournament lists

It's an itc tournament. All the lists are rather optimized and unfluffy. Even the pure eldar and ba lists have eyeroll elements and only have troops to generate CP

Actually the pure BA list was very fluffy. ^^

Spamming min sized troops to farm cps for your two death stars doesn't make for a fluffy list. Or having half your units be characters. But it doesn't matter, because they're high end tournament lists

Neither does make it an unfluffy list.

I actually put a Tallyman in all my Poxwalker armies now. It may sound silly but I loosely keep track of rerolls during a game and I really feel it works, especially as the Poxwalkers grow and can be quite spread out. Blades of Putrifaction on top of this and I’ve had some really respectable outcomes in situations where I’m pretty sure my opponent is thinking he’s got nothing to worry about. Taking on a massed Genestealer charge with a Broodlord is one of those times I can think of where I just ended up with a larger mass of Poxwalkers.

So what do you do when you go over the starting strength of the unit? Provide more poxwalkers from a spares box or move the oponents dead pile to the back of your unit?

In friendly games we agree up front if proxies can be used, in most cases we allow them. In competitive games both players should have the actual miniatures they are using.

Definitely why I need more then 40 Poxwalkers.

I actually put a Tallyman in all my Poxwalker armies now. It may sound silly but I loosely keep track of rerolls during a game and I really feel it works, especially as the Poxwalkers grow and can be quite spread out. Blades of Putrifaction on top of this and I’ve had some really respectable outcomes in situations where I’m pretty sure my opponent is thinking he’s got nothing to worry about. Taking on a massed Genestealer charge with a Broodlord is one of those times I can think of where I just ended up with a larger mass of Poxwalkers.

So what do you do when you go over the starting strength of the unit? Provide more poxwalkers from a spares box or move the oponents dead pile to the back of your unit?

Personally in competitive play (tournament), I'd have to own them, have them painted.

I've been toying with Death Guard, but only started buying into the line for about... a month or so. I've painted a LOT of Death Guard in that time and in multiple groups I play in, it's excusable when trying something new, or starting out with something to use proxies.

I used to play hardcore; if I didn't own it, I didn't use it. But that gets really expensive especially when you try out something that just doesn't work in the long run.

So for now I use cultist models (I have about 70 painted) plus my 20 painted Poxwalkers, and my 20 more that are primed green. 

For excess poxwalkers I've been toying with the idea of converting random infantry models from multiple armies into the zombies. Kind of think it would be fun to plop down models that match my opponents infantry. That being said I'm only doing two or three of each. Was going to start with tau fire warriors and go from there

I'm really thinking of the dead walk thing, but I have 50 crypt ghouls from my AOS army that I could use.  Question is if that will get me flak.  I have seen people ONLY use crypt ghouls as poxwalkers, but using some regular poxwalkers and some crypt ghouls might raise eyebrows in a tournament.

Counts-as are totally fine. I don't think nobody worth playing against will give you flak for using Crypt Ghouls or Zombies etc.

For tournaments goes the same as always with conversions and counts-as: ask the tournament orga if it's okay to use those models beforehand.

I'm really thinking of the dead walk thing, but I have 50 crypt ghouls from my AOS army that I could use.  Question is if that will get me flak.  I have seen people ONLY use crypt ghouls as poxwalkers, but using some regular poxwalkers and some crypt ghouls might raise eyebrows in a tournament.

I use the regular pox walkers as the original unit, then use different models that I have as the generated ones to differentiate.

I'd be fine with entire counts as units of zombies or ghouls. But using the normal models and then different models for the generated ones rubs me the wrong way. There's no difference in the generated ones for game play so they should be the same model as the rest of the unit

I'd be fine with entire counts as units of zombies or ghouls. But using the normal models and then different models for the generated ones rubs me the wrong way. There's no difference in the generated ones for game play so they should be the same model as the rest of the unit

I can understand that. I just feel bloated pus filled hobbit goblins have a better narrative as turned Eldar or Orks than the actual Poxwalkers.

"Wait so the nurgle infection turns them from xenos into human and then gives them human crafted close combat weapons even though we are fighting a narrative in a deathworld forest?"

vs

"When your Orks/Eldar get infected they wither into these grotesque little humanoids and then pick up a rock or nearby shrapnel and try to bash the nearest enemy."

My way is more thematic but less OCD I admit :)

However don't expect me to explain this method for necrons lol

• 3 weeks later...