Carrying cases and storage

NatBrannigan

Not sure if there is already a thread somewhere but I couldn't find it.

I'm looking at storage solutions for my army and wanted to get peoples opinions on the various cases out there. KR multicase and Battlefoam seem popular but are they the best / worth the money?

I've looked at the Tabletop Tyrant cases and they seem very good. My current favourite but what others are out there that might be better?

Cheers!

I use KR and they are brilliant.

I simply buy the carboard boxes with the appropriate foam inside, and then one of the black, waterproof bags. (I own one that fits two boxes, and one that fits 4)

I can easily carry around 10k points of army without damaging any models in the bigger Kaiser bag and the 4 boxes inside.

Dime a dozen thread lol
As for whats best, that depends on you. 
I have tried everything from tool boxes, to custom made cases and everything in between. 

The best out there is probably battlefoam and KR as they have foam that fits the specific miniature very well, but when you want to use it for another miniature... well you get the gist. 

My personal throw in and go case is a GW crusade case as it can fit most things. You can use it for vehicles too, but I prefer to use custom foam I made for that which I fit inside plastic containers. 
What the GW case is terrible for is metal miniatures. If you dont have those, you dont need to worry, but if you do then this case is not for you. 

As you see there are so many things to look out for and its impossible to say exactly what you might need, but play around and see. 
If you build an army and once its done its done (I dont believe you), then custom made battlefoam or KR case is for you. 

Otherwise the GW crusade case is great, if a little on the expensive side. 

I use a plastic box with some sheet steel riveted to the bottom. As everything in my army has magnetised bases I just put them in, close the lid and stop worrying.

Since I found this I've not used my foam cases at all

My question is, does the same foam that was designed for 25mm bases work well with 32mm bases?

My 30k army will all be 32mm bases so I want to identify some good foam for them.

Not really, no. It'd quite a squeeze to get them in there, and I think you're risk damaging the models getting them in and out over time.

Most manufacturers do trays with 30mm slots (for Warmachine and Malifaux) that would work fine though.