Thinking about GK

sunspear

So I've been thinking about GK, I'm not a huge competitive player but I don't want to get tabled every game. It looks like the only way people are playing GK now is the double knight.

Is the the optimum way to play? Is that an uber competitive build? Are there other feasible lists?

Well, the double NDKGM is powerful but is not entirely our only playable list ;)

Personally speaking, I cast at least 7 different GK lists (the fluffiest one running Paladins :D) which are based on the following prescriptions:

1) use some of our under-considered units (Interceptors and Purgators overall) in order to take advantage of them in the new CA's balanced missions, most of which award points every turn rather than at end of game only;

2) ally cheap stuff like Inquisition in order to fill additional detachments for more CPs and nifty abilities (normal Smites anyone? :D);

3) use the scarce FW stuff allowed to us (mostly Vortimer Razors, but I felt in love with the abilities of the Inquisition's Prometheus Land Raider and will buy one at a certain point for sure).

This ways I'm finding quite a number of alternatives to "get rid" of the double NDKGM, though that one's certainly one of the best options we have ;)

Thanks Chronos, I like a lot of the models, the paladins are really cool, I could do the two knight thing but I was hoping GK had something other than that. I will look into it a little more. If you have any lists that you would like to PM or share that would be great and give me a starting point

www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/343219-competitive-gk-inquisition-2000-pts/#entry4987087

Here you can find a couple of examples of mine ;)

WARNING: these lists are intended to be competitive at single-man tournament level, as far as this definition may apply to current GK :D

Edited by Chronos Darkhelmet

Brotherhood Champions are also nice little guys - cheap, killy and can stand a punch. Their main downside is lack of Teleport Strike, but otherwise they are fine for their points. Interceptors are good units to stay on battlefield and unlock more slots for reserves. Their main downside compared to Strike squad is that they do not fill slots for battalion.