Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[1500] Craftworlds: what can I do with warhost

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

AGolovnev

AGolovnev

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6 posts

Hi, all.

I'm about to start reanimation of my Aeldari army, which was born in the ages of 7th edition. So, I had a Craftworld Warhost which was built basing on Windrider Host and Aspect Host - 750pts. All models were painted in red-black theme, so they all are from Sim-Hann.

So, I have Farseer Skyrunner, Warlock Skyrunner, 3 units of Windriders, 3 units of Shining Spears, Vyper and a Fire Prism (which came to me within "Start Collecting" box). Now I'm going to bring these guys back on the table in a list for 1500 points. Certainly I would like to bring as much models as possible and keep WYSIWYG.

I see list like here:

Outrider Detachment (Saim-Hann)

HQ

Farseer Skyrunner: Singing Spear, Twin Shuriken Catapult - 140pts

Fast Attack

Shining Spears: Exarch with Star Lance, 2 bikers - 95pts

Outrider Detachment (Saim-Hann)

HQ

Warlock Skyrunner: Singing Spear, Twin Shuriken Catapult - 75pts

Fast Attack

Windriders: 3 bikes with Scatter Laser - 84pts

Spearhead Detachment (Iyanden)

HQ

Warlock: as is - 35pts

Heavy Support

Fire Prism: Shuriken Cannon, Spirit Stones - 175pts

Total: 1487pts, 76PL, 6 command points

How to play:

- 1 Psyker goes with Shining Spears and supports them in CC whilst they are doing everything possible to advance through the table and charge enemy.

- 1 Psyker goes with Windriders and supports them in shooting. Windriders by themselves are trying to score points and shoot to enemy (Saim-Hann bikers are not affected by penalty for moving an shooting Heavy weapons).

- Warlock... Spearhead must have an HQ and Warlock is cheapest option. Probably he can be utilized somehow, but he is not the model that will win the game...

- Fire Prisms - all are hidden as much as possible, 1-2 of them must see field enough good. Using "Linked Fire" stratagem they will be able to concentrate fire on the most dangerous enemy units from the large distance even without LOS. Iyanden world will keep theirs BS on the level 3+ until a tank will loose 9 (!) wounds.

The only model that will stay on the shelve is Vyper, but the only positive moment of this model (as for me) is hoary elf that rules it (yes, it was just an experiment with paints smile.png).

Probably somebody have some advice or recommendations about other ways to bring my collection back to the table?

Edited by AGolovnev, 19 January 2018 - 01:31 PM.

Shiboinky

Shiboinky

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 51 posts
I have not had the chance to use multiple fire prisms yet as I only have one, but the list I like to use is fairly similar to this. I utilize a fire base of the single prism, a war walker or two, and a group of wave serpents. My favorite part of the list, however, is the 2-3 squads of shining spears that I use to hunt down isolated targets and apply pressure to the enemy. They're my favorite unit in the new edition!

The only immediate change I would recommend would be to change the warlock to a spirit seer. The full smite and 2 additional wounds for 10 points are totally worth it. The last thing you want is your warlock dying from perils and damaging all of your fire prisms in turn. If possible, you could try to squeeze an autarch skyrunner into the list as well (it shouldn't be too hard to convert). His rerolls will help add some extra punch to your spears who rely on a low number of strong attacks. Plus he could 've used to support the fire base and can hit pretty hard himself.

Overall, I really like the list!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users