Black Library Open Submissions.

Good luck everyone, hopefully who ever wins can write a Iron Hands novel that actually does them justice for a change

I could be wrong, but I think that "David Guymer" is now the Iron Hands guy, considering that he wrote the so called Eye of Medusa, and part 2 - The Voice of Mars -  is coming out soon.     

Personally I was very happy to see the broad ranging story themes for the submission window. It shows that BL are considering expanding beyond stories about Space Marines and the battlefield and will hopefully show us far more of the "domestic40k" type stories (such as Police and Crime etc). Will be great to see the massive 40k setting explored more fully.

• 4 months later...
I got my rejection in June having applied in April. I actually submitted three separate entries so have to assume that the rejection was for all of them even though it was a generic response. Clearly there is a part of me hoping that the rejection was just for one of the three but...I expect that is just me dreaming!

I got my rejection in June having applied in April. I actually submitted three separate entries so have to assume that the rejection was for all of them even though it was a generic response. Clearly there is a part of me hoping that the rejection was just for one of the three but...I expect that is just me dreaming!

Don't give up hope, I sent in quite a few and got a rejection for each. They could just be very slow.

Don't give up hope, I sent in quite a few and got a rejection for each. They could just be very slow.

Ah okay well that means I can continue to keep my fingers crossed!. Sorry to hear you didn't get a result brother. Truth be told I do not for one minute ever expect to be a full time professional writer, I would just love to see my name in print once...a short story in Inferno would be fab!

• 2 months later...

Archived