General questions

I was just wondering a very silly question

1. Can Devastator take heavy bolter with hell fire shells? I was going through forums and there was some thread stating heavy bolter with hellfire shells. i always thought that only scouts can have a heavy bolter with hellfire shells?

2. I was looking into picking up some tactical squad from GW (website) and i noticed that they no longer carry them. Is this sign of marines being replaced with primaris?

Edited by Mechanicus_Adept

2. I was looking into picking up some tactical squad from GW (website) and i noticed that they no longer carry them. Is this sign of marines being replaced with primaris?

This tactical squad? https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Space-Marine-Tactical-Squad-2017 Looks like it is still available for sale.

1. Hellfire Shells is a stratagem that affects Adeptus Astartes Infantry models - so anybody with those keywords can make use of it, as long as the army is battle-forged. 

2. If by carry, do you mean not listed anywhere, or out of stock? They frequently sell out of certain kits, and it often generates speculation - there's never any substance to that speculation. Fear not, while it is like Primaris will eventually replace old style marines, it isn't happening now. 

I was just wondering a very silly question

1. Can Devastator take heavy bolter with hell fire shells? I was going through forums and there was some thread stating heavy bolter with hellfire shells. i always thought that only scouts can have a heavy bolter with hellfire shells?

1. Hellfire Shells used to be only available to Scouts, but they're now available to any Infantry model with a heavy bolter. However, they are accessed through 8th edition's Stratagem system so can only be used once per phase, regardless of how many heavy bolter infantry you have.

2. As said above, sometimes products on GWs store are out of stock for a while. Their store system seems to be pretty inconsistent as to whether it marks them out of stock, unavailable or just removes them entirely. Likely that's because there are different reasons that a product isn't for sale; it could be out or stock, or they could be updating the packaging or maybe some other reason we aren't aware of. This can also be regional, so a product is available in one country but not in another. Usually this fixes itself over time and the product becomes available everywhere again. If you want to check, try changing the country that you are "Delivering to" at the top right of the webpage.

That said, GW does discontinue products. It's not unheard of for something to be removed completely never to come back, although this is more often the case with peripheral products such as dice or the smaller side games. In the case of Tactical Marines, they are definitely still available. They aren't being replaced at this time and any talk of them being replaced is pure speculation. There is zero hard evidence to suggest they will be replaced, just gossip and conjecture.