Kromlech close combat arms?

Of recent I been interested in a Heresy era dark angels force, which would have a couple of squads of despoilers, however I'm loathed to actually buy 20 Despoilers from forge world as the last set I got was had serious mold slip issues. I've mused about using Kromlech legionary legs, and "close combat arms" with a Dark Angels Forgeworld Upgrade set, to created Pseudo MK-II Despoiler squads. That leaves a couple of questions: Anyone ever used the Kromlech close combat arms? Any Ideas about places to source large amounts of chainswords without hands? 

Although not specifically used those pieces, Kromlech in my experiance have always had a high quality. You might also want to check out the EXO-Lords stuff from Anvil Industry as their quality and compatibility is aslo very high.

However, if you're not going to be playing competitively, I recommend using the mkIII or mkIV plastics and swapping in ccw and pistols to about 50% of the squad and leave the rest with bolters. Tell your opponent it's a Despoiler Squad and *most* people shoul;d be good to go. It's what I did for my Art Scale HH DA's.

Hidden Content

gallery_48988_12718_430568.png

gallery_48988_12718_122614.png

gallery_48988_12718_30311.png

gallery_48988_12718_363201.png

Cheers,

Jono

Well I just received my first order from Kromlech and...I gotta disagree.  One of the cannons was in terrible shape, the other will take a bit of repair but nothing brutal.  But the Engineer conversion set arrived looking pretty alright.  So if their infantry stuff is more reliable than their vehicles, then it won't be a problem for you, I guess.  :confused:

Now I get to find out how good their customer service is :P

• 2 weeks later...

I bought some kromlech heads from my retail store. Nirnally the quality is very high and crisp so i didn't take a second look. Should have. This time i got a lot of flash and one head was missing. Maybe they changed their casting because so many order nowadays from them.

But usually the quality is on the upper range.

And the cc arms fit very well on nornal marines, however if you want to use them for art or. Truscale i recommens adding some greenstuff to make the amrs a thad bigger.

• 1 month later...